Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Who will you be remembering?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,928)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I will be remembering my father. He died when I was 22 years old. I was pregnant with my daughter. It doesn't seem like it has been that long ago, but I guess it has.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I will be remembering my grandfather who passed away two years ago. He was the greatest man I knew. God Bless Him!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I always remember ny nan on Christmas Day - it was the last time I saw her alive.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
We remember many people each year at Christmas but this year we include my Mother in our memories, in our hearts and in our display. My Mother died of Cancer in June this year. She was the one who started our Christmas displays in the 1980's, she has designed and built many of the display pieces we have including an angel which hangs at her window, a fairy in our grotto, a six foot high papier mache Reindeer and the Sleigh and Reindeer on our front lawn. Just putting out the decorations this year is hard. We have put a memorial plaque in the garden and have included this in the display. We take donations from visitors to the display which go to the local hospice where my mother spent some of her time and where 6 of our friends are currently using the services. My mother really enjoyed Christmas even when she was very ill last Christmas and could do very little - she still laid in her chair in the lounge threading fishing line on decorations whenever she was able. This year Christmas is for her.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Xmascrackers ~ please know that I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers this Christmas. But you must know that since she had such a love for Christmas you must continue to love it too! She would want you to go all out. So, go ahead!!

Diana
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Thanks for that Diana - we are certainly going all out this year - the display is going to be bigger and brighter than ever and my Mothers wish was for her angel to carry a red rose in memory of her this Christmas. So many people who visit have asked why the red rose and when I have explained they have put a red rose into their display too. I dont think she ever knew how many people she reached and how many people want to honour her memory.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Most people don't realize how many people they have touched when they are alive. I had a childhood friend commit suicide a few weeks ago. You should have seen the packed church and people who really loved him!! He might never have done such a thing if he knew how much he was loved, how much he is missed, etc.

By the way, I'm adding a red nose to my angel tree topper for your mom.

Diana
Old 11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Wow, this is a good thead.

A great homage(sp?) to those who we have lost. Thanks Diane for coming up with such a great idea!

10 years ago, I lost my grandpa. He always told my mom I was his prettest granddaughter, he already had four. And he always told me I was very pretty, and that I was going to make him proud someday. I have a lot of great memories of him. My grandma recently gave me his 1986 Bronco. My car bit the dust. I think of him everytime I drive that beast of a car.

I will also be thinking of my Uncle. While he is not dead, he is very sick. He is in the hospital with an un-pronounceable heat condition. One side of his heart is larger than the other, and the bottom of his heart is dead. Last week they got two leters of fluid out of one of his lungs.It's scary. Doctors a talking about open heart surgery. Right around christmas too. Merry christmas to me.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This is the heartfelt side of Christmas, isn't it? The part where we all sit around the tree, staring into the lights as they twinkle and not really seeing them at all but looking past them into all the Christmas's that we've had and the people with whom we have shared them.

This year we will be remembering my father-in-law who lost his battle with cancer on October 12 of this year. We will also remember both of my uncles who passed away last year within a few weeks of each other. I will also be remembering my grandmother who always made Christmas so special for me when I was a child.

In addition to those who have left us forever, I will be remembering my brother who is active Air-Force and currently serving in the Middle East. It will be difficult to truly celebrate Christmas with him in the middle of a war zone, but we will do our best to remember him as we celebrate and joyfully anticipate his safe return home sometime in January when there will be celebrating in my crazy family the likes of which has never been seen.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Santa Clausologist

I am so sorry Act_as_if!!! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Diana

P.S. You're welcome for starting the thread.