Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,070 Views  2 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:46 PM
46,747 Views  0 Posts
How to Organize Your...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:53 PM
Last post by One Spoiled Brat
07-17-2011 06:48 PM
48,578 Views  2 Posts
“There Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,229 Views  0 Posts
How to Create Your Own...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:58 PM
44,707 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,290 Times in 5,594 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Busy today with bookkeeping, housecleaning, taking several boxes of things to the Salvation Army, and getting some snacks for tomorrow---we're having a friend in for a visit and some movies. It feels so good to sit down and visit with you all. Summer is well and truly over, because we also took out the window air conditioners today. We have windows open all over the house to let the autumn air in. It should be great for sleeping tonight! And I'm looking forward to having Monday off from work. We had thought about going to a film show in NYC with a friend of ours, but with all the train problems between Boston and New York, he decided not to go---so we're having him in for movies here tomorrow instead. I scheduled Monday off because the train doesn't get back to Boston until past 11 p.m., and I couldn't see myself getting home past midnight and getting up early for work the next day. But as it is, we'll be staying home tomorrow, but I still have Monday off!

I'm sitting in our "library nook" that I posted the picture of, and it's so relaxing to sit here with no TV and the windows open, listening to the night insects. Since it's getting dark earlier, it seems later than it is. It's a perfect place to spend some time with you. From here, I'll almost be able to touch the Christmas tree when it's up.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (09-30-2013), gabulldawg (09-28-2013), made582 (09-28-2013), shellie12 (09-29-2013), snowflake22 (09-28-2013), Solice (09-29-2013), xmas365 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 05:36 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,245 Times in 26,539 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Busy today with bookkeeping, housecleaning, taking several boxes of things to the Salvation Army, and getting some snacks for tomorrow---we're having a friend in for a visit and some movies. It feels so good to sit down and visit with you all. Summer is well and truly over, because we also took out the window air conditioners today. We have windows open all over the house to let the autumn air in. It should be great for sleeping tonight! And I'm looking forward to having Monday off from work. We had thought about going to a film show in NYC with a friend of ours, but with all the train problems between Boston and New York, he decided not to go---so we're having him in for movies here tomorrow instead. I scheduled Monday off because the train doesn't get back to Boston until past 11 p.m., and I couldn't see myself getting home past midnight and getting up early for work the next day. But as it is, we'll be staying home tomorrow, but I still have Monday off!

I'm sitting in our "library nook" that I posted the picture of, and it's so relaxing to sit here with no TV and the windows open, listening to the night insects. Since it's getting dark earlier, it seems later than it is. It's a perfect place to spend some time with you. From here, I'll almost be able to touch the Christmas tree when it's up.

Sounds like a great way to spend the evening and day tomorrow!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (09-28-2013), shellie12 (09-29-2013), snowflake22 (09-28-2013), xmas365 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 18,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
gabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa enviousgabulldawg makes even Santa envious
what a game! I only was able to see the last half but my heart was is my throat the whole time. The final score was 44 to 41 the Dawgs won but it was a close one....Next week we play Tennessee and it will be on ESPN will be watching that one!

We are about to eat dinner and it smells wonderful. Jordan is also doing a lot better thank goodness and james is doing good too. We are approaching his first birthday in November and he is about to take his first steps any day now..Then we will really have our hands full! Well I hope everyone has a great evening. I need a sedative after watching this last game!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,290 Times in 5,594 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Sounds like a great way to spend the evening and day tomorrow!!!
Thank you! We always have a great time with this friend. He's so kind and thoughtful. We haven't seen him for months, so he insists on bringing a birthday cake tomorrow (our birthdays were in June and July).

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (09-28-2013), made582 (09-28-2013), shellie12 (09-29-2013), snowflake22 (09-28-2013), xmas365 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I miss talking to you all and have had a great time here. Tomorrow I go home again and will catch up when I get back again.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (09-28-2013), made582 (09-28-2013), shellie12 (09-29-2013), snowflake22 (09-28-2013), xmas365 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,120 Times in 13,934 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Enjoy your Saturday!

My kids already know what they want to be too, so already got their costumes. EA wants to be Sofia, from Sofia the First and DS wants to be Woody from Toy Story - they'll be so cute!
Both my boys are going to be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, we already got their costumes. Unfortunately, my boys are past the cute stage for costumes.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:06 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,291 Times in 7,250 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I am reading Deception, an Alex Delaware novel by Jonathan Kellerman. I went online and ordered The Kill Artist just now. I want to read The Confessor, but I will wait to read it in order! I love getting recommendations from all our members on the boards! Thanks! Kellerman wrote a book about Israel called The Butcher's Theater. It was the first of his that I read, and I was hooked!
I've read a few of the Alex Delaware novels out of order - really should start that series from the beginning. Reading in order is good! I wanted to read the Gabriel Allon series ever since earlier this year when the last one that came out was number one on the bestseller's list. Enjoy your books!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (09-30-2013), gabulldawg (09-28-2013), made582 (09-28-2013), shellie12 (09-29-2013), snowflake22 (09-28-2013), xmas365 (09-28-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 06:07 PM

Last Achievements

Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Laughed out loud at this one! Your chicken sounds divine! I did a macaroni and cheese dish the other night that was SO GOOD! I have to say that mac and cheese is one of my favorites of all food!
Mac and cheese is one of my favorite foods, too. Recipe?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 PM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,120 Times in 13,934 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Good morning! Quick shower, big cup of coffee, and then a baby dr. appointment. Today is her first check-up!

After that, we are going to come home and sleep.

There have been some looooooonnnnnnnnggggg nights here....but it will get better....I'm sure!
That was some of the best times I had with my first born when he was newborn, just sitting on the couch in the middle of the night listening to some soft classical music on the TV just rocking him. One of my favorite memories. Enjoy every moment!!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:13 PM

Last Achievements

Last night while Hubby was at the Elks last night, I fell asleep a little after 6 p.m. and slept until Hubby arrived home a little after 8 p.m. I had had a bad headache, not quite a migraine, but close. He and I watched TV for a while and luckily I was able to fall asleep again. I woke up with a residual headache this morning. It sort of feels like a sinus infection. I hate that! I am going to take it easy today. Tomorrow we have plans to have Rock Cornish Game Hens with wild rice, corn, salad, and one other thing that I can't remember. Hubby normally does this dinner; I just cook the rice! I hope everyone has great day. Some of your plans sound so inviting and fun! We have good weather again today, so fallish, cool and just plain wonderful!
I hope this finds you better! It stinks that you ended up with a residual headache - they are so irritating. Your meal sounds so good! Enjoy your fall days! {{{HUGS}}}

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post: