Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » It's October!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,839
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake I hear you Festive Spirit!!!!

I absolutely LOVE October, the leaves here in Montreal are truly on their way to the colourful peak period!
However, the weather has been rather warmish and beaucoup (a lot) of sunny weather, which makes me NOT a happy camper, I prefer the colder weather, so that I can go ahead and do my baking!

Anyway, I'm busy planning a Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner for October 11th having about 13-15 guests, I have my planner all set up, choosing the dates where I must prepare certain dishes on certain days, so that all will be ready to the BIG dinner, without too much stress.

The menu is as follows: Sunday I am preparing my Buttermilk, Lemon Blueberry Pound cakes, and my Cinnamon STicky buns with candied fruit glazed with Carmelized Pecans, and a Cream Cheese, butter crea, topping with orange zest......YUM!! And I will also be preparing my Cranberry sauce, the longer it sits, the better all the flaours! I shall make my Cranberry sauce with grated ginger, orange jest, and sliced almonds with a little tinge of clove.
I will also be making my own Mediterrean Mashed Potatoe Casserole on Wednesday, with Buttermilk, herb Bisquits. Then Thursday pick up the 20 lb Turkey, and prep it, and then make the stuffing with apples, pecans, a bit of Grand Marnier, sage, thyme, onions, celery....you know the usual fare for the suffing!
Then set the dinning room table on Thursday, so that I don't rush around like a mad man on Friday.
For a vegetable I'm preparing Julia Child's French Green Beans a La Provenciale, which is cooked diced tomatoes with onions and a herb bouquet packet, this is a fabulous dish, you've got to try it!
I will also prepare the Mulled Wine for the adults, and for the little ones and older children, hot Apple Cider with cinnamon sticks!
So that's the menu, and I am so excited!!!! I love my Job! I work in a private home as a chef, and personal assistant, but the family has adopted me, so it's a large family gathering!
I also am making my plans for starting my Holiday baking for November early December.......
I'm LOVING IT..............!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)