Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » It's October!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!


  Log-in
  Register




















» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,002
Posts: 626,321
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 AM
Joyfully yours's Avatar
Joyfully yours Joyfully yours is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Posts: 530
Thanks: 344
Thanked 399 Times in 98 Posts
Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake I hear you Festive Spirit!!!!



I absolutely LOVE October, the leaves here in Montreal are truly on their way to the colourful peak period!
However, the weather has been rather warmish and beaucoup (a lot) of sunny weather, which makes me NOT a happy camper, I prefer the colder weather, so that I can go ahead and do my baking!

Anyway, I'm busy planning a Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner for October 11th having about 13-15 guests, I have my planner all set up, choosing the dates where I must prepare certain dishes on certain days, so that all will be ready to the BIG dinner, without too much stress.

The menu is as follows: Sunday I am preparing my Buttermilk, Lemon Blueberry Pound cakes, and my Cinnamon STicky buns with candied fruit glazed with Carmelized Pecans, and a Cream Cheese, butter crea, topping with orange zest......YUM!! And I will also be preparing my Cranberry sauce, the longer it sits, the better all the flaours! I shall make my Cranberry sauce with grated ginger, orange jest, and sliced almonds with a little tinge of clove.
I will also be making my own Mediterrean Mashed Potatoe Casserole on Wednesday, with Buttermilk, herb Bisquits. Then Thursday pick up the 20 lb Turkey, and prep it, and then make the stuffing with apples, pecans, a bit of Grand Marnier, sage, thyme, onions, celery....you know the usual fare for the suffing!
Then set the dinning room table on Thursday, so that I don't rush around like a mad man on Friday.
For a vegetable I'm preparing Julia Child's French Green Beans a La Provenciale, which is cooked diced tomatoes with onions and a herb bouquet packet, this is a fabulous dish, you've got to try it!
I will also prepare the Mulled Wine for the adults, and for the little ones and older children, hot Apple Cider with cinnamon sticks!
So that's the menu, and I am so excited!!!! I love my Job! I work in a private home as a chef, and personal assistant, but the family has adopted me, so it's a large family gathering!
I also am making my plans for starting my Holiday baking for November early December.......
I'm LOVING IT..............!

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)


  #32  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Festive Spirit Festive Spirit is offline
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 12,476
Thanks: 10,396
Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post


I absolutely LOVE October, the leaves here in Montreal are truly on their way to the colourful peak period!
However, the weather has been rather warmish and beaucoup (a lot) of sunny weather, which makes me NOT a happy camper, I prefer the colder weather, so that I can go ahead and do my baking!

Anyway, I'm busy planning a Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner for October 11th having about 13-15 guests, I have my planner all set up, choosing the dates where I must prepare certain dishes on certain days, so that all will be ready to the BIG dinner, without too much stress.

The menu is as follows: Sunday I am preparing my Buttermilk, Lemon Blueberry Pound cakes, and my Cinnamon STicky buns with candied fruit glazed with Carmelized Pecans, and a Cream Cheese, butter crea, topping with orange zest......YUM!! And I will also be preparing my Cranberry sauce, the longer it sits, the better all the flaours! I shall make my Cranberry sauce with grated ginger, orange jest, and sliced almonds with a little tinge of clove.
I will also be making my own Mediterrean Mashed Potatoe Casserole on Wednesday, with Buttermilk, herb Bisquits. Then Thursday pick up the 20 lb Turkey, and prep it, and then make the stuffing with apples, pecans, a bit of Grand Marnier, sage, thyme, onions, celery....you know the usual fare for the suffing!
Then set the dinning room table on Thursday, so that I don't rush around like a mad man on Friday.
For a vegetable I'm preparing Julia Child's French Green Beans a La Provenciale, which is cooked diced tomatoes with onions and a herb bouquet packet, this is a fabulous dish, you've got to try it!
I will also prepare the Mulled Wine for the adults, and for the little ones and older children, hot Apple Cider with cinnamon sticks!
So that's the menu, and I am so excited!!!! I love my Job! I work in a private home as a chef, and personal assistant, but the family has adopted me, so it's a large family gathering!
I also am making my plans for starting my Holiday baking for November early December.......
I'm LOVING IT..............!
Joyfully, I've just got one thing to say to you! Please add me on to your guest list!!! Reading your post has made me starving. I love cooking and it is always a pleasure to talk food! Have you ever posted any of your recipes in the food section?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #33  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Joyfully yours's Avatar
Joyfully yours Joyfully yours is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Posts: 530
Thanks: 344
Thanked 399 Times in 98 Posts
Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
I forgot to mention that the Turkey is prepped with a Herb butter, which is spread all over the Turkey under the skin, then it will be topped with a Apricot, honey and ginger glaze!
The Turkey is roasted with 6 cups of Onions and shallots, butter/olive oil, and organic Chicken broth unsalted of course. Then when the Turkey is done, I make the gravy, and this is a tip for you all, onions are a natural thickener, so I place the juices from the turkey, and all the onions into a blender then mix! Place it in a large skillet and bring to a boil, skim off the foam, and viola......you have a marvelous gravy or sauce.

Now for the Mediterranean Mashed potato casserole, I'll be boiling 4 lbs of Idaho potatoes, then mashing them with unsalted butter, adding.....and get this...... instead of using milk, I subsitute with non-fat Yogurt then two eggs, and mash. Now after I heat Sundried tomatoes, chopped with olive oil, I add this to the mashed potatoes, along with roasted garlic and Greek Oregano, then add chopped Feta cheese and mix into mashed potatoes. Now I will do a layering effect into a large rectangular casserole dish, I will place one layer of mashed potato, then a layer of sliced Black
kalamata olives,( PLEASE no Canned olives, use Fresh!) layered over that more Feta Cheese, (sheep milk), then another layer of Mashed potato, then more olives, feta cheese, then the last layer of mashed potato, topped with Feta Cheese, and olives. Bake in the over at 375 for about 40 minutes and viola..........YUMMMMMMM!

I will decorate the table which seats twenty people, by the way, with colured leaves, and small colourful gords, and pumpkins!
I will try, once I've paid my membership to upload some pictures for all to enjoy!

To ONE and All a great day, and weekend! Happy October! We are getting closer to the Holidays!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #34  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Joyfully yours's Avatar
Joyfully yours Joyfully yours is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Posts: 530
Thanks: 344
Thanked 399 Times in 98 Posts
Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake Thanks Festive Spirit!!!!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Joyfully, I've just got one thing to say to you! Please add me on to your guest list!!! Reading your post has made me starving. I love cooking and it is always a pleasure to talk food! Have you ever posted any of your recipes in the food section?


No I have not.....once I pay my membership in the next couple of weeks, I will be happy to do so.

And by the way, I would love you to come, but I must first inquire of my "MASTER"......LOL!
Have a blessed day!
Can we be friends?


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #35  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Festive Spirit Festive Spirit is offline
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 12,476
Thanks: 10,396
Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Boy after reading that my boring cheese sandwhich for lunch just doesn't cut it!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (10-04-2013), MerryCarey (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #36  
Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 AM
Joyfully yours's Avatar
Joyfully yours Joyfully yours is offline
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Posts: 530
Thanks: 344
Thanked 399 Times in 98 Posts
Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
Snowflake Funny!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Boy after reading that my boring cheese sandwhich for lunch just doesn't cut it!!!





I know.......I feel your pain.
Enjoy your cheese sandwich!

Later.......


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #37  
Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 AM
MerryCarey's Avatar
MerryCarey MerryCarey is offline
Christmas Deity


Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 15,040
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 7,680
Thanked 38,712 Times in 6,008 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Boy after reading that my boring cheese sandwhich for lunch just doesn't cut it!!!
__________________


Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-04-2013), Joyfully yours (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #38  
Old 10-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Festive Spirit Festive Spirit is offline
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 12,476
Thanks: 10,396
Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post


No I have not.....once I pay my membership in the next couple of weeks, I will be happy to do so.

And by the way, I would love you to come, but I must first inquire of my "MASTER"......LOL!
Have a blessed day!
Can we be friends?

Absolutely!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #39  
Old 10-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Festive Spirit Festive Spirit is offline
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 12,476
Thanks: 10,396
Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Can't wait for turkey!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (10-04-2013), MerryCarey (10-04-2013), snowflake22 (10-04-2013)
  #40  
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 AM
snowflake22's Avatar
snowflake22 snowflake22 is online now
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Posts: 162,678
Thanks: 136,695
Thanked 104,232 Times in 18,764 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post
I forgot to mention that the Turkey is prepped with a Herb butter, which is spread all over the Turkey under the skin, then it will be topped with a Apricot, honey and ginger glaze!
The Turkey is roasted with 6 cups of Onions and shallots, butter/olive oil, and organic Chicken broth unsalted of course. Then when the Turkey is done, I make the gravy, and this is a tip for you all, onions are a natural thickener, so I place the juices from the turkey, and all the onions into a blender then mix! Place it in a large skillet and bring to a boil, skim off the foam, and viola......you have a marvelous gravy or sauce.

Now for the Mediterranean Mashed potato casserole, I'll be boiling 4 lbs of Idaho potatoes, then mashing them with unsalted butter, adding.....and get this...... instead of using milk, I subsitute with non-fat Yogurt then two eggs, and mash. Now after I heat Sundried tomatoes, chopped with olive oil, I add this to the mashed potatoes, along with roasted garlic and Greek Oregano, then add chopped Feta cheese and mix into mashed potatoes. Now I will do a layering effect into a large rectangular casserole dish, I will place one layer of mashed potato, then a layer of sliced Black
kalamata olives,( PLEASE no Canned olives, use Fresh!) layered over that more Feta Cheese, (sheep milk), then another layer of Mashed potato, then more olives, feta cheese, then the last layer of mashed potato, topped with Feta Cheese, and olives. Bake in the over at 375 for about 40 minutes and viola..........YUMMMMMMM!

I will decorate the table which seats twenty people, by the way, with colured leaves, and small colourful gords, and pumpkins!
I will try, once I've paid my membership to upload some pictures for all to enjoy!

To ONE and All a great day, and weekend! Happy October! We are getting closer to the Holidays!!!!!!!!

This sounds absolutely amazing, Joyfully yours!!
You must be very talented!!

I'm w/ Festive Spirit!! I want to come to your Thanksgiving party

🍁🍂🍁


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowflake22 For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-04-2013), Joyfully yours (10-04-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas





2012 Founder's Award