Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,306 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
so much to do, but feeling so lazy!
I do plan to get 100 fall leaves made out of gumpaste for a wedding cake in the next couple of days.

My brother was doing renovations at his house to make room for the new baby, they pull up some floor boards and find a stack of old news papers form 1951. I want to go and visit him now and look through them.
This advertisement for the church they attend was found in one of them...
this was 3 years before my parent immigrated to Canada.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,306 Times in 13,285 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Cetacea (10-07-2013), gabulldawg (10-05-2013), Holiday (10-07-2013), Joyfully yours (10-05-2013), made582 (10-05-2013), Ryan (10-05-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), VictoriaLT (10-05-2013), whitney37354 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,639 Times in 414 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Happy Saturday friends! We just got home from the airport taking the relatives back to points East. And I am about to put up my Halloween decorations. This will take a while. But I have been looking forward to this since Memorial Day! Have a great Early Autumn Sat everyone I will post pictures once I finally get done!
Looking forward to seeing your decorations! :]

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Hey everyone, just stopping by to say hi! I needed to get something from over Lowes last night, and I talked the wife into heading over to the other side of the store so I could take a peek and see if they started stocking for Christmas yet.

Boy, was I totally blown away, those guys are just about 75% done setting up all their trees, displays and their shelves are just about completely stocked...They really had some pretty neat looking things out on display this year which perked up my intrest and desire to start spending some additional money....

I'm at the office right now, had to spend some additional time to work on a couple of reports and get them out the door before Monday morning (which, by default I will not be in the office, I will be in Virginia all day), so here I am. After I get out of here, I'm heading home and I think I'm going to just piddle around the house and the garage a bit, tiddy up some loose ends and such.

Maybe I'll start digging out my Halloween movies and start watching some of them tonight. Can you believe I still have some of them on VHS? I've been slowly replacing them over the past few years with DVD's (if I can find them).

Well enjoy your day; talk to you all later....
Haha, I know what you mean. I also have some movies in VHS and it's annoying that I have to repurchase them all now, otherwise I won't be able to watch in the near future.

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon, friends!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

The ornament premier at Hallmark was fun today 🎄

I ended up remembering that I had a $10 off coupon, so I brought that and ended up getting two keepsake ornaments.

I got Santa's Magic Storybook:

They both light up and have sound/music.
The story book has an excerpt read from Santa, and the sky lights up and reads "Believe" at the end. And Santa's signal plays Here Comes Santa Claus, and you can hear a train whistle and then kids at the end asking Santa to "please stop here". Really fun & sweet!!

There were many others that I was excited about, and even though I still liked them, I didn't want to spend the extra money right now. I narrowed it down to my two favorites.

Off to do some things around the house, and then I need to order some take out for us.

Talk to you later!!

xx

The story book is amazing! Looks cute. ^^

Good evening everyone! It's very late here right now but I've just got back from wonderful concert of 'Boyan Ensemble of Kiev'. Despite the fact that I hadn't heard of it before, I really enjoyed the concert. It took place at the church of my university campus, and the director of the campus had offered free tickets for students so I decided to take the chance! :] The first half of the concert was very peaceful and relaxing because the ensemble performed religious songs and carols. The second half was more entertaining because it was consisted of well-known classical songs and, most importantly, of Ukrainian folk songs. I saw Ukrainian folk songs listed on the concert's leaflet and I wondered how it was going to sound like. Surprisingly, it sounded really great and fun. :] Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pictures because we sat at the back of the church. (At the time we arrived, the church was already pretty full so we couldn't find any empty seats in the front. Oh well.) I'm know having my tea, and I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.' (Dr. Seuss)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Cetacea (10-07-2013), gabulldawg (10-05-2013), Holiday (10-07-2013), made582 (10-05-2013), Ryan (10-05-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:16 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,331 Times in 28,895 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
thx my dear friend!!!! Im not sold on Kandice having recovered....at around 10:30am she started her headache again.....that wild thing even laid down to sleep a little....all by herself.....got me worried a bit.....since one hour she is headache free again.....I think a little virus might have caught up with her and it is trying to get out....but her body is fighting it....my sweet pea

Hope Kandice is feeling better now!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (10-05-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:21 PM

Last Achievements

made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Saturday Morning, my Christmas friends!

As I mentioned yesterday, my wife reminded me that I was looking forward to cleaning out my closet today. I'm glad she remembered how much I wanted to do that today.

Later, I plan to get on the tractor and plant deer food. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow from the storm that's passing through, so I need to plant today.

I hope y'all have a great day!

Hope you had fun cleaning out that closet!!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-06-2013), gabulldawg (10-05-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,363 Times in 2,949 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Snowflake, and all Halloween/holiday village lovers, we went to the Christmas shop today and they had a section devoted to Halloween. If I had the money and the space....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (10-05-2013), Holiday (10-07-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:24 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Happy Saturday friends! We just got home from the airport taking the relatives back to points East. And I am about to put up my Halloween decorations. This will take a while. But I have been looking forward to this since Memorial Day! Have a great Early Autumn Sat everyone I will post pictures once I finally get done!

Hope you had fun putting the decorations up!!!!

gabulldawg (10-05-2013), Ryan (10-05-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Hey everyone, just stopping by to say hi! I needed to get something from over Lowes last night, and I talked the wife into heading over to the other side of the store so I could take a peek and see if they started stocking for Christmas yet.

Boy, was I totally blown away, those guys are just about 75% done setting up all their trees, displays and their shelves are just about completely stocked...They really had some pretty neat looking things out on display this year which perked up my intrest and desire to start spending some additional money....

I'm at the office right now, had to spend some additional time to work on a couple of reports and get them out the door before Monday morning (which, by default I will not be in the office, I will be in Virginia all day), so here I am. After I get out of here, I'm heading home and I think I'm going to just piddle around the house and the garage a bit, tiddy up some loose ends and such.

Maybe I'll start digging out my Halloween movies and start watching some of them tonight. Can you believe I still have some of them on VHS? I've been slowly replacing them over the past few years with DVD's (if I can find them).

Well enjoy your day; talk to you all later....

Hey, Xmastidings!!!! We miss you around here!!!

gabulldawg (10-05-2013), Ryan (10-05-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good afternoon, friends!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

The ornament premier at Hallmark was fun today 🎄

I ended up remembering that I had a $10 off coupon, so I brought that and ended up getting two keepsake ornaments.

I got Santa's Magic Storybook:

And Santa Signal:

They both light up and have sound/music.
The story book has an excerpt read from Santa, and the sky lights up and reads "Believe" at the end. And Santa's signal plays Here Comes Santa Claus, and you can hear a train whistle and then kids at the end asking Santa to "please stop here". Really fun & sweet!!

There were many others that I was excited about, and even though I still liked them, I didn't want to spend the extra money right now. I narrowed it down to my two favorites.

Off to do some things around the house, and then I need to order some take out for us.

Talk to you later!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them!!!!!! Great Choices!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2013, 04:38 PM

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great evening and enjoy your weekend so far!!!

Thanks, friend!!!! Hope you had a good day too!!!!!