Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,082
Threads: 53,866
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,459)
Welcome to our newest member, freepsychic212

Old 10-11-2013, 05:31 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 100,223 Times in 17,503 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning, friends!!

Happy Friday- TGIF!!

Hope you all have a blessed day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning my dear friends!!! Done with all the housework for today....Tomorrow will be laundry day...which is nothing...so Iīm pretty much done with everything.....oh itīs good like that.....I wish I was always so motivated to work in the house!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 50,723 Times in 8,313 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning!
It is going to be cloudy here today with a chance of showers, high of 64 degrees.
I plan on going to Target this morning, I have a list of things that we need. Can't wait to see if their Christmas section is set up. The stores around here seem to be behind compared to the pictures I have seen some of you posting. I also want to go to the butcher but first I have to write out a quick menu plan and grocery list for next week. Then back home for chores. No work for me today so that will make my day a whole lot easier.
I hope everyone is well and has a happy Friday!
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,396 Times in 5,942 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So glad to hear your aunt came out of that okay. It's chilling to read something like this. No matter how safely you yourself drive, you're always at the mercy of the irresponsible drivers. It's one reason I hate driving in snowy or icy weather---even if I'm careful, some doofus in a hurry is liable to skid into me. I hope the other driver gets what's coming to her in court. That sounds vengeful, but she needs a lesson in responsibility.

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Well talk about a fun evening, My aunt got into a car accident on the way home from work. My aunt was stopped at a red light and a girl in a mazda just plowed into her, went up underneath her car, and shoved her sportage into an Esclade that was in front of her. The lady didn't even try to stop. She told my aunt that she remember's hitting her brakes and then she blacked out. Well my aunt's car had the radiator busted so she called me to come get her. I got there about the same time the cop did. While I was walking up it was clear to me what had happened and the cop apparently smelled the same thing I did. He went up to the young girl who was on her cell phone and told her to get off. She didn't listen. So he told her again. She didn't listen again. Then she tried to walk away. So he grabbed the phone out of her hand, turned it off, and threw it on the hood of her car. Then he proceeded to handcuff her and put her in the back of the cop car. He then walked back up to the car and took out her purse and pulled out a little margarine bowl. When he opened it, it was filled with weed. Which didn't shock me because her car reeked of it and I could smell it from 15 feet away. So I'm sure the girl was smoking and not paying attention when she ran into my aunt. There was no skid marks at all so if she tried to stop, it wasn't until she was right up on her. So after all the paper work was filled out, my mom had a wrecker that they use at the dealership she works for come pick it up and tow it there so she could go ahead and get the paperwork started tonight on it. Then I took my aunt home and waited while she called the insurance company to file a claim so I could take all the numbers to mom. Luckily, my aunt wasn't hurt. She is pretty stiff and I expect she will be worse in the morning but nothing that required an ambulance or anything.

As for me, I'm exhausted. I obviously couldn't drive with the boot on so I've been running around without it all night. So my foot is throbbing pretty good now. So I'm going to sign off for the night and put this foot up. I have to take my aunt to get a rental car in the morning and to mom's work to sign some paperwork, so I'll be late checking in.

Goodnight, Everyone!!!!!!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,288 Times in 9,489 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Well talk about a fun evening, My aunt got into a car accident on the way home from work. My aunt was stopped at a red light and a girl in a mazda just plowed into her, went up underneath her car, and shoved her sportage into an Esclade that was in front of her. The lady didn't even try to stop. She told my aunt that she remember's hitting her brakes and then she blacked out. Well my aunt's car had the radiator busted so she called me to come get her. I got there about the same time the cop did. While I was walking up it was clear to me what had happened and the cop apparently smelled the same thing I did. He went up to the young girl who was on her cell phone and told her to get off. She didn't listen. So he told her again. She didn't listen again. Then she tried to walk away. So he grabbed the phone out of her hand, turned it off, and threw it on the hood of her car. Then he proceeded to handcuff her and put her in the back of the cop car. He then walked back up to the car and took out her purse and pulled out a little margarine bowl. When he opened it, it was filled with weed. Which didn't shock me because her car reeked of it and I could smell it from 15 feet away. So I'm sure the girl was smoking and not paying attention when she ran into my aunt. There was no skid marks at all so if she tried to stop, it wasn't until she was right up on her. So after all the paper work was filled out, my mom had a wrecker that they use at the dealership she works for come pick it up and tow it there so she could go ahead and get the paperwork started tonight on it. Then I took my aunt home and waited while she called the insurance company to file a claim so I could take all the numbers to mom. Luckily, my aunt wasn't hurt. She is pretty stiff and I expect she will be worse in the morning but nothing that required an ambulance or anything.

As for me, I'm exhausted. I obviously couldn't drive with the boot on so I've been running around without it all night. So my foot is throbbing pretty good now. So I'm going to sign off for the night and put this foot up. I have to take my aunt to get a rental car in the morning and to mom's work to sign some paperwork, so I'll be late checking in.

So sorry to hear about your aunt. I am glad she is okay.

I hope your foot is feeling better today!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing blossoms in October!

The leaves are pretty now, but they will soon give way life-and-death decisions about whether to brave driving to work through ice and snow (among Massachusetts motorists who drive like maniacs in ANY weather), or to work from home, where I have to stay glued to the office email all day, trying to ignore entertaining distractions. Or worry about leaving the office early enough to get home safely after it starts snowing or sleeting. Or trying to shovel out the driveway. I love snow---when the only thing I need to do is LOOK at it.
Even with the issues it brings, parking at the bottom of the mountain and walking up, snow covered mountain roads that don't get scraped or treated, power outages which mean no water since we are on a well, etc, I much prefer cold snowy weather.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), MerryCarey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,288 Times in 9,489 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Today is Fair Day for the kids so they have the day off. I don't know if this is the same for others but here we have had, since I was a kid, Fair Day where the school closes down and all the kids get a free ticket to the fair. The kids will be going to the fair today with their parents so they will not be coming over today.

Tomorrow is the Texas/OU game at the State Fair/Cotton Bowl and it is already headlining the news. Our plan tomorrow, stay clear away from the Fair grounds! We decided to go to Six Flags last year on Texas/OU weekend and have to pass that area. We got caught up in a whole lot of traffic!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,680 Times in 28,984 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning MMC!!! It's going to be another warm day here in central Indy with a high of 79. I'm getting ready to pick up my aunt and take her to the dealership to sign the paperwork to get her car fixed and to pick up a rental car. It's kind of nice that they have a small enterprise branch at the dealership now. So you can just take care of all of it there. I wanted to let you all know that I heard from Seawaters before I left though. She says that they have been really busy with Elks stuff and finally got the permit to do their kitchen. So they have been busy getting it started too. She said to tell you all that she misses you and will try to stop by soon!! I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-11-2013), Meceka (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post

Holiday, no worries on the danish. My granddaughter is a chef now and will be happy to help!
Fire up the lear!!! Hee hee! I have the dough made, cinnamon sugar mixed, icing (glaze) made...*all* I have to do is roll out the dough & dice the apples & mix it up!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing blossoms in October!

The leaves are pretty now, but they will soon give way life-and-death decisions about whether to brave driving to work through ice and snow (among Massachusetts motorists who drive like maniacs in ANY weather), or to work from home, where I have to stay glued to the office email all day, trying to ignore entertaining distractions. Or worry about leaving the office early enough to get home safely after it starts snowing or sleeting. Or trying to shovel out the driveway. I love snow---when the only thing I need to do is LOOK at it.
I will attest to the maniac massachusetts motorists!!! We were hit while turning into a gas station in a rental car in MA - was not a fun experience!

Oh my gosh Made! I'm glad she wasn't hurt! What a crazy turn of events for your night! Hope your foot is feeling better today!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good evening~I'm home and exhausted!!

Work went fine, but it was a long day and I still need to eat dinner and take care of Harlowe.

Hope you guys are well!!

Good night, friends!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOVE this picture!!! Have a great day!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Today is Fair Day for the kids so they have the day off. I don't know if this is the same for others but here we have had, since I was a kid, Fair Day where the school closes down and all the kids get a free ticket to the fair. The kids will be going to the fair today with their parents so they will not be coming over today.

Tomorrow is the Texas/OU game at the State Fair/Cotton Bowl and it is already headlining the news. Our plan tomorrow, stay clear away from the Fair grounds! We decided to go to Six Flags last year on Texas/OU weekend and have to pass that area. We got caught up in a whole lot of traffic!
Sounds like a fun weekend! ENJOY!!!

Good Morning MMC!!! It's going to be another warm day here in central Indy with a high of 79. I'm getting ready to pick up my aunt and take her to the dealership to sign the paperwork to get her car fixed and to pick up a rental car. It's kind of nice that they have a small enterprise branch at the dealership now. So you can just take care of all of it there. I wanted to let you all know that I heard from Seawaters before I left though. She says that they have been really busy with Elks stuff and finally got the permit to do their kitchen. So they have been busy getting it started too. She said to tell you all that she misses you and will try to stop by soon!! I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the update on Seawaters!! Hopefully everything goes smooth for your aunt at the dealership!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), MerryCarey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Good morning MMC! Happy, Happy Friday! My morning started out a little manic - couldn't find car keys, almost forgot to bring the crockpot along to work (I needed to start the roast/sausage at 9:30'ish so I brought it to work..it's starting to smell yummy in here!) I got to work at 8:07 - supposed to start at 8! OOPS! Not a big deal though - I never leave on time in the afternoon, so it all comes out in the wash! One benefit of working for a small company!

Anyway - it's a gorgeous day! Looking fwd to heading towards the lake & planning to get a lot of bike riding in this weekend! It sounds like next weekend is supposed to be much cooler & maybe some rain, so we better really, really enjoy this one. Soak up the sun to keep us warm through winter! Tomorrow night we are planning to watch Mama Mia on the big screen - I haven't seen that for a couple years & it's one of my faves! So next week I will be singing Abba - ALL WEEK!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend planned!!!

Have a great day!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Bullypup (10-11-2013), Cetacea (10-11-2013), Christmasstar (10-11-2013), kizzy (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), Meceka (10-11-2013), mgramsey (10-11-2013), Seawaters (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), VictoriaLT (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)