Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,295 Views  0 Posts
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,898 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the South...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:15 PM
46,053 Views  0 Posts
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
51,958 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-11-2013, 12:07 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,265 Times in 7,246 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
As you may have read in some of my earlier posts I have been rearranging furniture during the past few days. Today, Palmer has been rearranging her toys! She has been carrying her teddy bear all around and placing it in various spots. Once placed, she sits and stares at it for a few minutes and then picks it up and moves it to another spot. Right now she has it hugging a box. As to her jingle balls, she is lining them up in prime play positions.

She is being a Sweet Pea again today!!!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-13-2013), judesmama (10-11-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,369 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
I can't handle those haunted houses!!
I honestly don't care for them and haven't been through one, yet, that has scared me. I say "yet" because maybe one day one of them will scare me! I tend to laugh through the whole thing, I already know things are going to jump out at me. I think it's kinda fun to watch them on TV where they record some of the people's reactions going through them.

Now on Food Network is Unwrapped all about Fall Favorites! I love that show, especially when it's about this time of year!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
made582 (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,369 Times in 9,026 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
As you may have read in some of my earlier posts I have been rearranging furniture during the past few days. Today, Palmer has been rearranging her toys! She has been carrying her teddy bear all around and placing it in various spots. Once placed, she sits and stares at it for a few minutes and then picks it up and moves it to another spot. Right now she has it hugging a box. As to her jingle balls, she is lining them up in prime play positions.

She is being a Sweet Pea again today!!!

Awwwwww! I think she is pretending to be mama! That is so cute! She is just moving her baby around until she find a comfortable spot for it. Sweet!!!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
made582 (10-11-2013), Meceka (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:35 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,787 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
I went to a haunted house in an old prison in Philadelphia years ago adn it scared the heck out of me. Al Capone was once imprisoned there, which was kinda cool! This year, you can get marked and they will be able to grab you and PULL YOU FROM YOUR GROUP. WHAT! Noooooo, no, no nooooooooo! I don't know who the heck would enjoy that!

There's another local one that is an old asylum and it's supposedly TERRIFYING. Nooo thanks!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-11-2013), Holiday (10-13-2013), made582 (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,198 Times in 324 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Rainy and chilly again today. Gingerbread Spice tea (Celestial Seasonings, get some!!) is back!! I picked up 3 boxes today!!!! Wooooooo! Drinking some tea while the boys play trains. Lovely!
I love all these winter editions of coffee and tea. They are usually super delicious! ^^

Just started my Christmas cards! Ok fine.. just got 2 done because I am lazy today. But I organized my other cards (paired cards and envelopes).. that's something, huh?

Listening to my favourite Holiday music always puts me in the mood of doing things like preparing cards, decorating, etc. :]

Good evening and happy Friday to all! I'm happy for the fact that I'm almost done with the documentation and forms for the exchange. It was quite stressful to do so much paperwork in quite short period of time so I'm glad it's almost over. :] I also found out two other students who are going to Amsterdam next semester as well. I hope to hang out a bit with them before we leave. :] Also, I noticed that some shop have already put their Christmas trees up. Supermarket shelves are fully stuffed with Christmas treats. I especially liked M&S ones. They have the most adorable packaging EVER! ^^

Enjoy your Friday evening everyone!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Here in Willows, the fair days are mid-May. We have had so many furlough days the past years, so the powers-that-be "gave" us fair days, without pay, of course! I think there will be no furlough days, or at least fewer furlough days, this year. Of course, I don't have to worry about that anymore, LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Today is Fair Day for the kids so they have the day off. I don't know if this is the same for others but here we have had, since I was a kid, Fair Day where the school closes down and all the kids get a free ticket to the fair. The kids will be going to the fair today with their parents so they will not be coming over today.

Tomorrow is the Texas/OU game at the State Fair/Cotton Bowl and it is already headlining the news. Our plan tomorrow, stay clear away from the Fair grounds! We decided to go to Six Flags last year on Texas/OU weekend and have to pass that area. We got caught up in a whole lot of traffic!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,038 Times in 26,498 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Today is Fair Day for the kids so they have the day off. I don't know if this is the same for others but here we have had, since I was a kid, Fair Day where the school closes down and all the kids get a free ticket to the fair. The kids will be going to the fair today with their parents so they will not be coming over today.

Cool!! We don't that here.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 01:13 PM

Last Achievements

Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
As Made reported, we FINALLY received our building permit. Hubby had to go down and pay a school tax (over $700), building permit fee (over $1000), and now has to pay the utility company a fee to put up a temporary electrical pole. In addition, he has to submit to the electric company his CAD plans, plus LOTS of other things! What??? It is crazy! He went online yesterday and ordered the huge exhaust hood for the stove! That thing was $3000! I guess it is a good thing we are rich, LOL!!! (Y'all know I am kidding, right?)

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good evening!
I have been on the run all day and I am finally able to settle down and rest. My husband is doing some work in the house but I am going to ask him to stop soon, I need to go to sleep early. He decided he wanted to do a coffered ceiling in our living room, so that is what he is working on tonight. I didn't even know what it was, he had to show me pictures. Every time I turn around, he's building something else. I can't wait until he starts to paint. He told me we will design the kitchen cabinets when he is finished painting. One of these days.
Not too much else going on here. Just trying to keep up with all of my household chores on the days I have to work. I don't know how women go to work all day and still keep up with everything else. I think they are amazing. I'm pretty sure this is just going to be a seasonal job for me.
I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful day. Can't believe tomorrow is Friday already!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:14 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,038 Times in 26,498 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Thank God your aunt is okay. I would still have her checked out with a doctor - never know what lasting effects there will be from such an accident. My sister just recently started having severe back pain so she went and had an x-ray taken to see what was causing the problem. The diagnosis was that the way she was sitting at work was making a problem she has had with her back for years but did not know about more pronounced. The doctor told her it was probably caused by whiplash. She never had whiplash although back in the early 70s, she was in a car accident and received quite a jolt. If she had gotten checked out then, she wouldn't be having such a time of it now.

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time resting your foot. Take it easy this weekend, made!!! I will be praying that you heal quick!!!

I finally convinced her to call and make an appointment for this afternoon since her back and shoulder are still sore.

Thanks!! I'm going to try and just sit here the rest of the day with it propped up.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-13-2013), Meceka (10-11-2013), snowflake22 (10-11-2013), xmas365 (10-11-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 01:15 PM

Last Achievements

How stupid can "smoking" drivers be? I hope your aunt gets herself taken care of. Sometimes, the effects of an accident are not readily noticeable. You take care of yourself, too, Made!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Well talk about a fun evening, My aunt got into a car accident on the way home from work. My aunt was stopped at a red light and a girl in a mazda just plowed into her, went up underneath her car, and shoved her sportage into an Esclade that was in front of her. The lady didn't even try to stop. She told my aunt that she remember's hitting her brakes and then she blacked out. Well my aunt's car had the radiator busted so she called me to come get her. I got there about the same time the cop did. While I was walking up it was clear to me what had happened and the cop apparently smelled the same thing I did. He went up to the young girl who was on her cell phone and told her to get off. She didn't listen. So he told her again. She didn't listen again. Then she tried to walk away. So he grabbed the phone out of her hand, turned it off, and threw it on the hood of her car. Then he proceeded to handcuff her and put her in the back of the cop car. He then walked back up to the car and took out her purse and pulled out a little margarine bowl. When he opened it, it was filled with weed. Which didn't shock me because her car reeked of it and I could smell it from 15 feet away. So I'm sure the girl was smoking and not paying attention when she ran into my aunt. There was no skid marks at all so if she tried to stop, it wasn't until she was right up on her. So after all the paper work was filled out, my mom had a wrecker that they use at the dealership she works for come pick it up and tow it there so she could go ahead and get the paperwork started tonight on it. Then I took my aunt home and waited while she called the insurance company to file a claim so I could take all the numbers to mom. Luckily, my aunt wasn't hurt. She is pretty stiff and I expect she will be worse in the morning but nothing that required an ambulance or anything.

As for me, I'm exhausted. I obviously couldn't drive with the boot on so I've been running around without it all night. So my foot is throbbing pretty good now. So I'm going to sign off for the night and put this foot up. I have to take my aunt to get a rental car in the morning and to mom's work to sign some paperwork, so I'll be late checking in.

Goodnight, Everyone!!!!!!