Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Who is this person?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,856
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,201)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Originally Posted by officepro4u View Post
I have a similar story. My kids and I were driving home from some shopping. We pulled up to the red light and saw a homeless man holding a "Hungry" sign. My kids commented that he really did look hungry. So I went through driver thru at Burger King and got him an entire meal.

I drove back around to where he was standing and rolled down the window. I called him over and handed him the bag of food and the soda. I said, "Here, this is for you." He looked quite shocked. He eagerly took the badgand soda, said thank you and immediately starting tearing into it! He was indeed hungry.

My son looked at me with almost tears in his eyes and told me that doing that made him feel so good!

I told him that that is what God asks us to do. "When I was hungry, you fed me. When I was naked, you clothed me."

I still buy people food every once in a while when I see the need. However, we now go downtown Orlando on the second Thursday of every month to feed the homeless at the shelter.

My kids look forward to it every month!! We never know who we'll be "serving" but it doesn't really matter. People are people and everyone deserves to eat.

Merry Christmas all!!

Diana
Diane, You are such a sweetheart, & I konw that's why we got to be friends here. Your faith in the Lord is as strong as mine is . God bless you & your whole family.
Debbie

Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
mammaduke

star

Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
Oh what a better place this world would be
If only we use our eyes to see
that which takes place beyond the veil
of our own lives and our own trials

He who giveth who does not want
a solid return in dollars and cents
shall be rewarded in such a way
as to never know from where it came

but be assured that the spirit will live
in the hearts and minds of those who give
and tho you still will face lifes trials
your memory lives on in littles smiles

For those that receive in their darkest hour
do not forget your giving power
and you are held in their hearts and minds
and in their prayers (if your that way inclined)
Thank you so very much that was really beautiful. Where did you get that from I'd love a copy of it.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
mammaduke

kellyann: Don't ever think that believing is something is crazy. I believe there are angels all around us all, yesterday my husband had to drive to the other side of town with the rain, sleet & snow. On his way to his bosses house 2 SUV's got into an accident, the one was heading towards his car spinning, he said he prayed so hard & all of a sudden he was out of there way,& they hit the car behind him. He was so scared when he got home he was still shaking. So yes I believe in angels.

I know for sure that there are some right here on this sight, I'm alone alot since my husband travels for work & they have all been a God sent to me. You all know who you are, Thank You!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
Know that you are loved, thought of, and prayed for, and thank you for sharing your wonderful act of kindness......We should all be passing them on
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
thanks mammaduke!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM
mammaduke

candle

A simple act of kindness goes a long way, that is what I believe.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Awesome stories gals...I too believe in giving. But I am cautious as I will not support anyones alcohol or drug habit. If I see someone on the street that is homeless and needs to eat I will also give food...but not money. It's sad it has to be this way but it's hard to trust someone you really don't know that well. I guess I kind of have a story too. Hubby and I were headed out of town about 3 months ago to do some shopping, along the interstate headed East (we were headed west,) there was a couple our age pulled over because their truck was acting up. So hubby flipped around to check them out. The men dinked around with the truck and got it working but not 100% so hubby told them to head to the next town (our town, where we live) and we'd meet up with them in a few hrs. As we headed off and got to the next town I told hubby lets just grab a bit to eat through this drive thru and head back. I didn't want to keep these people waiting all day when they needed help and I knew I would be shopping for more than a few hrs. So we headed home took them to my inlaws shop spent half the day getting it fixed. In the meantime we really got to know these people. He was also sick had some sort of cancer (it was sad he was young early 30's), they never once expected anything or even asked us for money. I let the gal Rebecca come over and shower while the guys continued working on this truck. After taking her back to the shop I dropped her off headed home and made up a bag of food, tolietries etc to give to them. Hubby and I fed them dinner and they went on their way. A few weeks later they called us (we had exchanged emails and digits) from Tennessee to say they had made it..were all settled in and thanked us again.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by mammaduke View Post
Thank you so very much that was really beautiful. Where did you get that from I'd love a copy of it.
As I havent had it published I am free to give it - therefore whoever wants a copy is welcome to it.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
WOW! Nice poem, did you write that yourself? So true this is...I was going to add to Debbie that maybe this was a guardian angel or something...everything does happen for a reason.
Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
Oh what a better place this world would be
If only we use our eyes to see
that which takes place beyond the veil
of our own lives and our own trials

He who giveth who does not want
a solid return in dollars and cents
shall be rewarded in such a way
as to never know from where it came

but be assured that the spirit will live
in the hearts and minds of those who give
and tho you still will face lifes trials
your memory lives on in littles smiles

For those that receive in their darkest hour
do not forget your giving power
and you are held in their hearts and minds
and in their prayers (if your that way inclined)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 AM
mammaduke

santahat

Annette1990:That is for sure, I never really thought of it that way, I just knew he was hungry, so I had to feed him something. You & your husband were such a blessing to that couple. There aren't many people who would help someone who are broken down . It is so nice that you all still in contact with them still, the Lord put you there in there life at that special moment.
God bless you,
Debbie

Last edited by mammaduke; 11-29-2007 at 09:44 AM.