Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso

Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 102,947 Times in 18,415 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Christmas Countdown - 2013

Good morning, friends!!

It's wet, rain, and cold today- love it!!

Adrian comes home today, can't wait!!

~Thinking of you all, and sending hugs~

Hope you all have a blessed day!!

xx

Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), frostyman (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), mgramsey (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)

Old 10-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 51,288 Times in 8,432 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ClaireLovesChristmas View Post
Afternoon all!! Its my eldest daughters 12th birthday today!! she is growing up so fast!! dont know where the years have gone.

A birthday tea this afternoon after school then we are all going out at the weekend to celebrate her birthday.

70 days to go??!! the start of the season will be upon us before we know it!

going to catch up on some posts then finish making cakes for later

have a great day everyone!!
Happy 12th birthday to your daughter!!!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

I had to leave work early yesterday to take Elizabeth to dance. Nancy usually does this, but she's an accountant, and October 15 is some kind of deadline similar to April 15. I had to kill 2 hours in Statesboro by myself, so I walked through the Christmas section in Wal-Mart, but it was so hot in there I couldn't get into the spirit. Then I killed some time walking through a pawn shop. You can get some killer deals on tools there!

I got home just in time to put on a tie and watch Jacob get inducted into the National Honor Society. It was a nice ceremony. After that, we went to Nancy's parents' house for supper.

I hope to cut the grass today. It looks crazy!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Congratulations to Jacob!!!

Originally Posted by MerryNoel View Post
So Halloween décor is up... Thanksgiving is over and it was a good l o n g weekend aside from my youngest being sick AGAIN.. gah!

I am hoping everyone is doing well and keeping focused on the good things in life '
Sending get well wishes to your youngest!!!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

xx
I love the Fall pictures you have been posting, they are beautiful!
Enjoy your day!!!
Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 51,288 Times in 8,432 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning!
The house is so chilly this morning! The temperatures have been dipping down in to the 40's at night but it has been warming up in to the upper 60's during the day. We still haven't turned the heat on, my hubby wants to wait until its a bit cooler during the day. I can't wait to see how the radiant heat in the floor is going to work. I hope we like it after all the work my husband did.
Not too much going on today. I already walked the dogs and went to the supermarket for a few things. I saw a gingerbread haunted house kit while I was there. I think I may pick one up next time, they are so cute! I need to get started on some household chores soon. And my daughter has a job interview at the outlets this afternoon and I'm going to take a ride with her. There is a Christmas Tree Shop there and I always like to walk around and see what they have.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), frostyman (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), mgramsey (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday morning, my Christmas friends!

I had to leave work early yesterday to take Elizabeth to dance. Nancy usually does this, but she's an accountant, and October 15 is some kind of deadline similar to April 15. I had to kill 2 hours in Statesboro by myself, so I walked through the Christmas section in Wal-Mart, but it was so hot in there I couldn't get into the spirit. Then I killed some time walking through a pawn shop. You can get some killer deals on tools there!

I got home just in time to put on a tie and watch Jacob get inducted into the National Honor Society. It was a nice ceremony. After that, we went to Nancy's parents' house for supper.

I hope to cut the grass today. It looks crazy!

I hope y'all have a great day!
Congratulations to Jacob! How late in the year do you have to cut grass?
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,490 Times in 2,969 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning, friends!!

xx

Praying Mr. Snowflake arrives safely home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), mgramsey (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,269 Times in 3,763 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
is general laziness something I can recover from?? LOL

Thank you, though! Just haven't been sleeping well, Jude has been coughing up a storm and I am worried it might be coming my way... oh well, is that an excuse to be lazy??
Yup! It's a very good excuse!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post

I will pray for your Papa!!!
Thank you HMG!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Good afternoon, everyone! Sounds like you're all keeping pretty busy! I have been just trying to relax for the day, as it is back to work tonight for me - never easy after being off for a week. DH went back to work today too and then they asked him to work overtime tonight, so he's working a 24 hour shift. My sister will be coming by in a little bit to watch the kids for me.

I am signing off here shortly to go pick up the kids. They were scheduled for daycare and Pre-K today. I don't know what we will do for dinner yet. I guess it will be up to them.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening! God Bless and talk soon!
Oh man! Going back to work after a week off is the pitts! Hope you had a good night!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
We went out to order a new cooktop, but the traffic was murderous at the mall. We were nearly backed into a few times, so we just got the heck out of there without parking. We went to Boston Market for turkey instead and headed back here to watch some movies.
The mall sounds miserable - now the turkey & movies sound great! What did you watch?

Finally sitting down to read the 2013 Christmas/Winter issue of Holiday Cottage.

Just turned on some Christmas Jazz ����

I've been looking forward to this for awhile ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This looks & sounds so cozy!!! How's the magazine?

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
ohhh that would be wondrful! I will be mailing yours on November 2 because we are going to Bronners and I can mail it in the states so that there will be no problems. I never got my cookbook
What a bummer you weren't able to get the cookbook! It looks like your Thanksgiving was very nice!

Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Hey everyone! We just got back from a long weekend mini vacation from the Wasach state park to see the leaves peaking and it was beautiful! THe leaves at home are just a tad past peak but are really falling now! Well I have to unpack and get ready for work in the morning. I have missed yall and hope everyone is well! TTYL
Nice to see ya! Glad you had a good time on vacation!

Originally Posted by mike24forever View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian members. I hope today finds everyone with full bellies and happy times with family.

Today, my wife and I put up the outdoor Christmas lights today. We don't turn them on until November 1st. The holiday light plug the Mike Holmes gave us is amazing. It automatically turns the lights on November 1st at 4:30 pm and turns them off at 2am every morning. I like it when we get home from somewhere and the lights have been turned on.

We also had Rogers install their home security system with 2 cameras at the front and back door. Whenever someone opens the door, I get a video message to my phone. Since the accident, it gives me a nice sense I'd security. Also, I love technology...so it's basically a new toy. It has a tablet device at the front door that tells you the weather and traffic reports. Amazing.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well.
Sounds great! I love to see/hear that someone is putting up CHRISTMAS lights!!! Hope all is well with you!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,926 Times in 497 Posts
mgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happymgramsey makes Santa very happy
Happy Tuesday y'all. This is a such a great time of the year. Playoff baseball on TV/Radio every night and soon the World Series. Although I'm no Dodger fan, love listening to Vince Scully broadcast their games on radio (satellite radio is great), while watching it on TV with no volume. Scully has been the voice of the Dodgers since 1952. It is great to hear his old stories.

We should have some great weather coming up. Starting Thursday our forecast highs are the mid 60s with lows in the 30s. Can't wait until the first frost. The long range forecast has us having below average temps.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. <><
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mgramsey For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), frostyman (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,269 Times in 3,763 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat

Good morning MMC! Our day started out with a beautiful sunrise & within minutes the sun was gone & we haven't seen it since. It's really foggy now! Crazy weather. We are supposed to hit 72 today but unless the sun comes out, I have my doubts. This is the last day predicted to hit 70's in the 10 day forcast. I have a feeling our furnace will be getting more use by the end of the week!

I went to the garden after work last night & picked some HUGE tomatoes! We aren't getting a whole lot of maters anymore, but some of them were just huge! More fesh salsa coming up! Then I mowed the lawn! Then I changed up the seasons & I finally got my Fall & Halloween decs up in the house! I turned on Christmas music & decorated it up!

After that, I watched Halloweentown on Disney while working on my Christmas afghan. I had never seen that before. It's cute!

Not much going on today. My boss' were in a tizzy by the time I walked in the door this morning...GREAT...so it's been "one of them days" already! Ha ha!

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!! I'm off to read more posts from last night!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), frostyman (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), mgramsey (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,187 Times in 365 Posts
frostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoefrostyman would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
a cold front is coming and I am eager for the crisp, cool weather. I want to focus on Halloween but my thoughts keep drifting to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just can't help it. Have a great day everyone.
Bradmac (10-15-2013), Christmasstar (10-15-2013), Holiday (10-15-2013), made582 (10-15-2013), mgramsey (10-15-2013), Ryan (10-15-2013), Seawaters (10-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-15-2013), sugar142286 (10-15-2013), xmas365 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 09:18 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 102,947 Times in 18,415 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Good morning!
The house is so chilly this morning! The temperatures have been dipping down in to the 40's at night but it has been warming up in to the upper 60's during the day. We still haven't turned the heat on, my hubby wants to wait until its a bit cooler during the day. I can't wait to see how the radiant heat in the floor is going to work. I hope we like it after all the work my husband did.
Not too much going on today. I already walked the dogs and went to the supermarket for a few things. I saw a gingerbread haunted house kit while I was there. I think I may pick one up next time, they are so cute! I need to get started on some household chores soon. And my daughter has a job interview at the outlets this afternoon and I'm going to take a ride with her. There is a Christmas Tree Shop there and I always like to walk around and see what they have.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!
Good luck to your daughter!

Have fun browsing!!

XO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk