Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » When do you start decorating?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
O Holy Night
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:20 PM
60,915 Views  0 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,844 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Tree for...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:19 PM
55,424 Views  0 Posts
Being a Merry Mom
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:33 PM
48,665 Views  0 Posts
Mrs. Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:55 PM
Last post by sammylar1304
08-17-2011 02:31 PM
47,881 Views  1 Posts

Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
First weekend of November or so. My friends think I'm nuts but then I always have to remind them and go, "you know how much I love Christmas...riiiight?"
Old 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Around my Birthday in mid November.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-21-2013), Joyfully yours (10-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

Joyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry dispositionJoyfully yours has shown a merry disposition
I'll start to decorate close to your Thanksgiving, our Thanksgiving which is in October is just a tad to early for me, but.......I do have coloured lights up all year round!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joyfully yours For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-19-2013)
Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Puternut has shown a merry disposition
We start the day after T-day and light up Dec. 1st. and then they are lit for 1 month until Dec. 31st. However since our decorations are very extensive, and T-day is late this year, we will indeed start early inside for sure so we can put our efforts into the outside which takes a week to get all up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puternut For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-20-2013), Yuletide Junkie (10-20-2013)
Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,199 Times in 325 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post
I'll start to decorate close to your Thanksgiving, our Thanksgiving which is in October is just a tad to early for me, but.......I do have coloured lights up all year round!
Oh, I have been wanting to have coloured or white lights up all year round for so long! I wish to buy any type of lights on sale after Christmas so I could hang them up next year.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Must be the English in me, I start right after Halloween. I like to enjoy my holiday for the whole season.....I just picked up another palm Christmas Tree and a Reindeer on the Roof.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:51 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,977 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Have you all set a date for putting up your christmas decorations? I am planning on either the last weekend in Nov or first weekend in December.

I usually start with a few things and gradually build on it over a few days. I try not to stress myself out by doing it all in one day. It's impossible with the children and there is so much to go up.

What are you plans?

Festive Spirit
I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted this and here we are again getting ready to put up decorations for Christmas 2013! Wow!

Well this year I am starting a little earlier, perhaps from mid November. Last year I was very ill throughout the last couple weeks of Christmas and I missed out celebrating to the full. I think I deserve to make up for it this year LOL!

I put up the decorations gradually over a few days. I don't like to rush it and it is something I enjoy and look forward to! The tree will probably go up the first weekend in December though. We get a real one and I'd like it to stay fresh. This year I want to put up outdoor lights on one of the garden trees. I will probably do this last weekend in November.

Exciting times ahead !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Magpie (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post

The Buckeye tree in the basement will go up, probably early November!
Why would you want to mess up a Christmas tree by putting Ohio State stuff on it.

GO BLUE
Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,453 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
As of right now, I have my Christmas Countdown on our end table. Other than that, I think most of our decorations will (probably) go up between November 8-9 or the 15-16. While decorating is my job, Kim tells me when to start.

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (10-28-2013), snowflake22 (10-22-2013)
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry disposition
I will start the first weekend in Nov. It may take me longer this year so this is the first year I have been working in a while. But I can't wait to get started.

I have 4 full size trees to put up ,plus everything else. Now I'm getting extra excited!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mommyby3 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (10-22-2013)