Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Thanksgiving » what you watch on thanksgiving?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Thanksgiving Real Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is where Christmas really begins. Presented by Real Thanksgiving, this topic explores the activities, the foods, the entertainment and the family time of this classic American holiday.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,322 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Parade, football, then Christmas movies.

I wish it was like that everyday.

Have glove will travel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-20-2013), snowflake22 (10-20-2013)

Old 10-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Spyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elfSpyells is a good elf
My family's tradition is watching "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" in the morning. Then we watch the "The Twilight Zone" marathons until the evening.
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 KJV

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spyells For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (10-20-2013), Holiday (10-20-2013), snowflake22 (10-20-2013)
Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,322 Times in 5,934 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Spyells View Post
My family's tradition is watching "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" in the morning. Then we watch the "The Twilight Zone" marathons until the evening.
Whoa ... The Twilight Zone and Thanksgiving sound like an unusual pair! Sounds like a local or cable channel has adopted this as an annual tradition?

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-21-2013), snowflake22 (10-20-2013), Spyells (10-29-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

deffenm has shown a merry dispositiondeffenm has shown a merry disposition
Macy's parade, dog show, Christmas Vacation to kick off the holiday season. We usually watch Christmas Vacation as the Kids and I play our annual game of Monopoly. We actually finish a game as we start before dinner and finish up after dinner. For some reason it takes us at least 4 hours to finish a game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deffenm For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-22-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,177 Times in 418 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
A little bit of the parade, then the Lions and of course my Cowboys! Then we finish it off with Christmas Vacation!
Holiday (10-22-2013), snowflake22 (10-22-2013)
Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Whoa ... The Twilight Zone and Thanksgiving sound like an unusual pair! Sounds like a local or cable channel has adopted this as an annual tradition?
I think it's a local cable channel out there in southern California, it's some sort of local annual tradition.

The Sci-Fi channel is the one that usually airs Twilight Zone marathons, but alas, not usually on Thanksgiving...instead, they air marathon's of the Twilight Zone on July 4th and on New Years Eve/New Years Day. And yes, I tune into those every year.

Thanksgiving Day, for me, is filled with the Macy's parade, Football in the afternoon, and Christmas music at some point after that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-22-2013), Spyells (10-29-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

mommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry disposition
Start off with the parade, then football and we end the night with a Christmas movie. We change the movie every year, just depends on what we feel like watching!!
Holiday (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Parade, football ... football ... Christmas show/movie - the kids pick this one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minta For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 08:42 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Parades,Football & movies.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-28-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,731 Times in 2,168 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, then we must watch Miracle on 34th street (1947), It's a tradition with me. Afterwards, it's prep and then dinner, hit the lazyboy to watch football and then Turkey sandwichs and dessert and then a Christmas movie....

The next morning, It's time to start decorating.....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
Holiday (10-28-2013), snowflake22 (10-25-2013)