Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Merry Fourms Member

MerryLady has shown a merry disposition
Need Help with Christmas Tree!!

Hi all.
Last year after Christmas, I purchased a seven and a half foot, pre-lit, Douglas fir style tree from Walmart.
I really wanted this style, but they had run out of all but the floor model, so that's what I bought. It was lovely, but didn't come with assembly instructions.

I didn't think this would be a problem because it consisted of only three pieces and the stand. Easy enough right?
Well it would be, except for a little problem. The stand consists of two metal pieces that lay flat against each other when the three is put away, and form a cross when the tree is up. In order for the stand to lock in position to allow the tree to stand up, a screw has to be put into the stand and tightened against the pole of the bottom third of the tree.
However , it seems that when that piece is inserted into the stand, the screw will not tighten at all. As a result, its impossible for me to make it stable enough.

I can't believe I cannot figure out how to tighten that blasted screw. Since like I said, it was the floor model, I know it works..it was standing up fine last year.

Does anyone have a tree like this? If so, can you advice me how to do this right so that I can get my tree to stand? Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryLady For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-02-2014)