Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Who will you be remembering?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,007
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 11-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
thank you again!

Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I will be remembering my best friend and mother who passed away 3 years ago. She always made Christmas fun no matter what. Even when we had no money, she made a Christmas tree out of a rose cone and the glass ball ornaments. Or the time she used chicken wire and a whole roll of red wrapping paper and gold bows to make a tree. I even named my "elf on a shelf" after her.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 35,319 Times in 6,799 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
For me.. it will be my dad.. who passed away in January at age 84... he was the grand patriarch of the family and someone that I miss terribly. This foruma nd the friends I made here kept me going...

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following User Says Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (06-09-2012)
Old 11-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 35,319 Times in 6,799 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Though at Christmas I also always remember my mother, who passed away 22 years ago. She loved Christmas dearly and I have always vowed to carry on her traditions.

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following User Says Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (06-09-2012)
Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Good for you Binger!! I know she would want you to!

Diana
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
mammaduke

candle

Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
We remember many people each year at Christmas but this year we include my Mother in our memories, in our hearts and in our display. My Mother died of Cancer in June this year. She was the one who started our Christmas displays in the 1980's, she has designed and built many of the display pieces we have including an angel which hangs at her window, a fairy in our grotto, a six foot high papier mache Reindeer and the Sleigh and Reindeer on our front lawn. Just putting out the decorations this year is hard. We have put a memorial plaque in the garden and have included this in the display. We take donations from visitors to the display which go to the local hospice where my mother spent some of her time and where 6 of our friends are currently using the services. My mother really enjoyed Christmas even when she was very ill last Christmas and could do very little - she still laid in her chair in the lounge threading fishing line on decorations whenever she was able. This year Christmas is for her.
I collect angels so as Diane said I'd also like to add a red rose in memory of your mom & an angel.When people ask why I'll tell them .
Old 11-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Diane and Debbie - thank you very much for your tribute to Mum. It has really moved me. This year will be so special and when I get some photos of our display and then figure out how to post them I will put them up for you to see.
May the light of Christmas be with you both over this festive season and through the coming year.
Lisa.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

Amanda Elf has shown a merry dispositionAmanda Elf has shown a merry disposition
Lately, we have lost a lot of people in our community and surrounding area (some days apart), while all of them haven't been family, it has been a very sad year.

This year we will be missing my brother, who passed 26yrs ago (I was 5) and my sister who passed Feb. of this year. She was Christmas at my Mom's house. She always came home to wrap her presents. We'd all go to Mom's to help. It's going to be very hard this year.

Also, my husbands brother who passed at age 13 (33 yrs ago). As well as his Dad who he lost a year later when he was 13.

We have an ornament we hang that has in memory of for our brothers, I will get one this year for my sister.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

MarthaK has shown a merry dispositionMarthaK has shown a merry disposition
I will be remembering my last remaining grandparent, my Grandmother, who passed away on October 12...6 hours before her 100th birthday.

Also, my boyfriend is deployed with the Army. He's traveling a bit doing temporary assignments through Iraq and Afghanistan. The temporary duties make it really hard this time of year since his mobility prevents him from sending me a mailing address. It's hard to be separated, but not being able to send mail and Christmas goodies makes it almost unbearable.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Great thread!

I will be remembering my dad and my 2 nans, that i miss terribly and think of everyday.