Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Food » A serious subject; COOKIES...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,019
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy

Old 09-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
chocolate chip, ginger snaps (my sister makes them with a hint of orange flavor - SO good), oatmeal, scotch shortbread with pecans (must be made with real butter, no shortening)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christmasjingles For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-21-2013), Minta (09-23-2013)

Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,191 Times in 426 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I love Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, Peanut butter cookies and ginger cookies.
I have been perfecting a Pumpkin ginger cookie and a Bourbon spice cookie, Ill try them a couple more times and send a recipe
christmasjingles (09-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-21-2013), Minta (09-23-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

deffenm has shown a merry dispositiondeffenm has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Just for the record, I like YOUR name for them better!
Thanks that is the clean version. His family has a thing about naming foods with the "**it" word. They have a salad, cookie, and of course the standard SOS.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deffenm For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (09-24-2013), MerryCarey (09-24-2013), Minta (09-25-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Every year, I make peanut butter blossom cookies, and oatmeal. The oatmeal ones are my husband's favorite. I may try a new butter ball/nut cookie this year too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (10-19-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
My favorite EVER cookies have been a fairly recent discovery for me.

First I found a recipe for an amazing ginger cookie that isn't a 'snap' but is instead soft and chewy. My husband, who is a huge fan of ginger snaps, cannot get enough of these cookies and I love them as well! YUMMY!

Chewy Gingerbread Cookies

This recipe calls for topping with white chocolate chips. I LOVE white chocolate and even I thought the white chocolate chips were too much here - so we leave them off.

3 cups flour
2 tsp. Ginger, Ground
1 tsp. Cinnamon, Ground
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, Ground (I used fresh)
1/4 tap salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Immediately press about 5-6 white chocolate chips into center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
Adapted from McCormick and Company Inc.

Then I found a recipe for chocolate Rolo cookies using a cake mix! It's amazing and is SO easy. The first year I made a single batch and it was gone within the first five minutes of having it at work. Last year I made a double batch and my boss comes in with three in his hands and says "I don't know who made these but they're amazing and you'd better go grab one before they're all gone!" It's now one of my 'go-to' Christmas cookies!

Chocolate Rolo Cookies

1 pkg. Rolo's
1 box Devils Food Cake mix (Pillsbury or Duncan Hines)
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs. Take a small ball of dough and form a ball around the rolo. (Only use enough dough to cover the rolo so it can spread through the cookie.)

Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Yields about 3 dozen.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (10-23-2013), joyful (10-23-2013), MerryCarey (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,153 Times in 817 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
chocolate chip for me. my kids? well they love it all.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mumof2 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

mommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry dispositionmommyby3 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
I love Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, Peanut butter cookies and ginger cookies.
I have been perfecting a Pumpkin ginger cookie and a Bourbon spice cookie, Ill try them a couple more times and send a recipe
Please share your pumpkin ginger recipe when you can, that sounds wonderful!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Christmasstar (10-23-2013), Courtney (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,703 Times in 13,357 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
shortbread
speculaas (Dutch spice cookie)
chocolate chip
sugar
Old 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,062 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
A favorite in our home is the Raisin Puff cookie. Hubby really enjoys them and so do guest who try them for the first time.
Of course the Hershey Kiss cookie is a favorite with my children and grandchildren.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,626 Times in 4,616 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
When sugar cookies are around, I'm like the dang Cookie Monster!

Have glove will travel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Courtney (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-23-2013)