Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,121 Times in 15,254 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I don't know if I told this to everyone, but I had my house up for sale from the end of June to the end of September and it didn't sell. I wasn't too happy/ satisfied with my previous realtor which also added to the reason (among others) why I pulled it off the market.

So, a couple of nights ago, out of the blue, I got a phone call another realtor from a different agency, and I got this feeling from her and so today I just signed the contract to put it back on the market, get this--- on Halloween!!!

I saw her number before come across the caller ID, but I just didn't answer the phone. So I asked her why was she so persistent. She said that she liked the area and that she had a feeling about our home. I told her congratulations, she's the lucky one to represent selling our home...

Wish us luck this go around, because I'm sort of rolling the dice here...

Good luck!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,115 Times in 937 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Good morning, friends!!

Happy Friday & Happy Rudolph Day!! =]

I have the day off, so I plan to read, relax, and do some work around the house later on.

Hope you all have a blessed day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Rudolph Day!!! I hope you enjoyed your day - it sounds wonderful! Reading and relaxing are two of my favorites!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!!!! It's a cold morning here in central Indy where we currently stand at 29 degree's. Brr!!!! We should reach the high 40's sometime this afternoon. Next week looks awful. They are talking about really strong storms most of the week. It looks like Halloween may have to be delayed until next weekend. No big plans for me again today. Just another day of sitting here. Well I have a few things to do around the apartment but they won't take long and shouldn't require me to be on my foot. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!
Another cold start to your morning! Winter is slowly moving in! I hope that you don't get the strong storms. If you do, stay safe and you will be in my prayers!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
At the car dealership, waiting to find out why the Check Engine light came on. (No, it wasn't because I didn't screw the gas cap on tight enough.)

Edit: It's an expensive gadget that figures out the water-to-gasoline ratio and adjusts the fuel usage ... wait an hour for the repair.
It's never a simple fix, is it?! Always a fancy gadget. Hope the problem got taken care of and everything is okay!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

Friday! And, more importantly, two months until we wake up and gather under the Christmas Tree with our families. Yes, Christmas Day, the best day of the year is only two months away. Wow!

I just had a few things dropped on my desk. I should really get to them. I hope everyone has a great Friday! Hopefully I will be back soon!
Woo hoo! I love thinking of Christmas the way you described. I am actually looking forward to the next few weeks when our tree goes up and we can enjoy it for a while. I hope work wasn't too bad! Have a great evening!

Originally Posted by Murphman View Post
I think I will build my first fire of the season tonight in our outdoor fireplace. Maybe roast some hotdogs and relax. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
That sounds like a wonderful night! I hope you enjoyed it and stayed warm!

Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Hey Guys! Hope everyone had a good day and ready for the weekend. Tomorrow we have absolutely nothing planned and that suits me fine! We will just stay in and watch films and enjoy the festive Halloween atmosphere. Tomorrow I am making some chocolate brownies with the boys. Kids are on school holidays here for all of next week and Mr Festive is also off on holiday so looking forward to that.

I just hope this heavy rain we are having can lighten up a bit.
I also love days with nothing planned. I have been running around too much lately! Chocolate brownies sounds perfect...do you need anyone to test them out for you?! I hope you enjoy your weekend and that the rain stopped!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Friday afternoon, my Christmas friends!

TGIF and Happy Rudolph Day!

Tonight is the homecoming football game at the kids' school. I don't usually care about ball (football, basketball, baseball...any of it), but since it's homecoming, we'll go. I'll have to wear a jacket tonight!

Jacob and I are going hunting in the morning, then I hope to work on the Camaro that afternoon. We'll see what happens.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Happy Rudolph Day! I hope you enjoyed homecoming and stayed warm!

Some fun Christmas decor from H & M!!

My friend Jen sent me this link today 🎁

I want the pillow covers!! =]

http://www.hm.com/us/product/13768?article=13768-A

And new Lifetime Christmas Movies:
Looks like they are starting on Nov. 9th too!

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.c...ful+Movie)&m=1

I love Christmas decor! And I always love Christmas movies on Lifetime! Thanks for sharing!!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I have Sunday off and would love to do it for you!
I am 100% positive that you will do the countdown justice!

Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post
One week, and Christmas music is "officially allowed" in our house!
Awesome! I can't wait to start listening to the carols, either. I hope you enjoy them!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good afternoon, MMC!

I woke up this morning to find my dog, Shaggy, had gotten lose. Palmer was watching the show out the window - cats were up a tree and Shaggy was racing around, happily. For an 84 y/o, he can still move! I got him back to his house without incident and the cats all came out of hiding when I brought the Kitten Chow out. I stressed my knee a bit and I didn't want to push back my recovery from the original injury so I am taking things easy today. Homemade baked beans are in the oven and I am working on store tasks - while listening to Dean Martin sing "Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" - life is good!

Be MERRY!!!
I am so glad that you were able to get Shaggy back into the house and that he was safe! Thank goodness! I will pray for you that your knee feels better. Baked beans sounds delicious! I hope you enjoyed your evening and were able to relax.

a nice hot mug of apple cider, relaxing as bbq chicken finishes cooking in the crock pot, life is good!
Is everyone trying to make me jealous tonight with talk of all of the yummy food and drinks? Apple cider sounds delicious! I hope you enjoyed!

you guys will be so impressed, you know how I will not watch anything horror, gives me bad dreams and all. Well I actually sat down with my son and watched one. A really scary show , left me sitting on the edge of my seat, I am sure I will not be sleeping tonight after this.
Who knew Toy Story of Terror could be so scary, and this is supposed to be for kids?
LOL! I wanted to see that but I completely forgot! I am sure your son loved watching with you!

Charlie Brown the great pumpkin is on YTV!
Double ugh - I miss everything!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
She's doing a little bit better. She's only taken a couple of doses of her medicine since yesterday so I'm hoping she will continue to improve. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers, it means a lot to me!!!

She is still in my prayers! I hope she improves immensely overnight and feels much more like herself tomorrow! I also hope that you were able to get that much needed sleep!

I am crashing, feeling achy all over for some reason so I am going to crash in bed where at least it is comfortable.
Good night all!
You'll be in my prayers - hope you feel better! Sleep well and sweet dreams!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We are about to put the kids down them watch the Conjuring. Talk to y'all later!
At least it's you watching that movie and not me, LOL! I can't do scary. I hope you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Happy Rudolph Day!
Happy Rudolph Day!!! Hope you have a good night and sleep well!

Goodnight, friends!!

Sweet, Christmasy dreams!!

xx

Good night, Snowflake! Hope you get a good night's sleep and have wonderful Christmas dreams!

Goodnight Everyone!!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Good night, Made!! Sleep well and sweet dreams! Hope you're feeling good!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Well, no ballgame for me tonight. One of our elem principals told me that I needed to stay home with the family. Sounded good to me!

We are just hanging out trying to entertain the little one. Bambina likes for me to walk her and sing to her...which I love to do. It's funny. I can walk and sing for 30 minutes holding her, but when I sit down she opens her eyes and gives me that "What do you think you are doing" look....her momma just took her and is feeding her...she hasn't slept soundly since noon, so I'm hoping she sleeps great tonight!

Two months til the big day? Well, someone got us our first ornament of the season today...pics going up in the blossom thread in a few minutes....

I'm going to spend a couple of hours on the boards, so I will see yall around. Hope you have a great night!
That was nice of the principal to tell you to go home! Most people aren't like that. Awww! How adorable that she loves you singing to her! I will pray that she sleeps well tonight. Hope you have a wonderful night and that you get some sleep too!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (10-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-26-2013), Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-26-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), Meceka (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,115 Times in 937 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Everyone is asleep but that's okay! You'll all just have a post to read when you wake up in the morning

It was a boring day here. I ran some errands and then came home and just relaxed. Some good TV shows were on tonight so I let myself unwind for a couple of hours. Now I am exhausted and my arm is becoming stiff and sore. I'm ready for bed!

Tomorrow is going to be a Halloween themed day. I bought some of those Pillsbury Halloween cookies so I will be making them. We're also going to try to get some pumpkins to carve and then make some pumpkin seeds. The day will be finished with snacking on candy (okay it's early and I'm cheating...don't tell) and watching movies.

Good night! Sleep well and sweet dreams, everyone!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-26-2013), Bullypup (10-25-2013), Christmasstar (10-26-2013), Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-26-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,030 Times in 446 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Thanks, Bullypup!!

How are you? What are your weekend plans?

=}
Hi Snow,

I have a fun weekend planned. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the monthly men's prayer breakfast at my church. I hardly ever make it to that breakfast so I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow night a Halloween party and Sunday I'm taking a road trip with a friend to Galena, IL. It's such an adorable and charming little town. I'm hoping for a beautiful fall day.

How about you, anything fun planned?

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!

Last edited by made582; 10-26-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: fixed quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-26-2013), Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-26-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,030 Times in 446 Posts
Bullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnogBullypup will NOT spit in your eggnog
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Everyone is asleep but that's okay! You'll all just have a post to read when you wake up in the morning

It was a boring day here. I ran some errands and then came home and just relaxed. Some good TV shows were on tonight so I let myself unwind for a couple of hours. Now I am exhausted and my arm is becoming stiff and sore. I'm ready for bed!

Tomorrow is going to be a Halloween themed day. I bought some of those Pillsbury Halloween cookies so I will be making them. We're also going to try to get some pumpkins to carve and then make some pumpkin seeds. The day will be finished with snacking on candy (okay it's early and I'm cheating...don't tell) and watching movies.

Hi Jennifer
Some of us are still awake. Tomorrow sounds like it's going to be fun and tasty day. Enjoy!

Oh my, she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, it's fruitcake weather!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bullypup For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (10-26-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-26-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013), xmas365 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post
One week, and Christmas music is "officially allowed" in our house!
Same here!!! My wife and I have been together almost 15 years, it was only a few years ago where she wouldn't play anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving. When the radio stations switched to all Christmas in mid-November, and Music Choice Nov. 2ndish, I would put it on and she has gotten use to it where she is okay with it after Halloween. I have Santas displayed year round, and my reading lamp is a leg lamp. Slowly but surely.

Mwah hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Look what I found at thrift store, a Santa blanket! So soft and warm, going to enjoy this winter!
Nice find!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

LOL!!! I watched it too and thought it was pretty good.

I'm watching Charmed right now. I think that counts as scary too!!

I always thought that counted as eye candy.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Good evening,

I quickly read through 20 pages, and I am sure I am going to regret staying up this late tomorrow. Sorry I didn't respond to more.

I am in one of my busiest stretches of the year right now, between my normal everyday stuff I do at work, I am finalizing everything for the next 4 weeks to be ready for Thanksgiving, there is no turning back now! I will be selling close to 10,000lbs of turkeys and we are ready for it. Who needs a gym when you are lifting at least 60 something cases of 50+lbs of turkeys a day.

Home life it is getting the prep ready for Halloween, and yes, Christmas. I preordered myself a copy of Straight No Chaser's new Christmas CD. We are choosing what to get the boys for Christmas, which is a lot clearer than it was a week ago.
Also, one of my favorite Christmas season desserts is in the stores again!!! The Friendly's Jubilee Roll!!!
After cutting the first slice!!!
It is just ice cream but we love it here, Friendly's home office is in the next town, and it is just a part of the holidays.

I need to get to bed, I have a very busy few days still to go before a day off. (Tuesday)

I will try to pop in tomorrow at some point.

Good night all!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,889 Times in 4,654 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post

Sleeping? LOL. I wish!

Have glove will travel
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (10-26-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-26-2013), sugar142286 (10-26-2013), xmas365 (10-26-2013)