Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnŽt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What is Santa's favorite...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:50 PM
45,841 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Great Quotes of Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 11:05 PM
0 Posts
It Ain't About A Bird
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:25 PM
46,334 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,548 Views  0 Posts
Santa: To Be or Not to Be
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:30 PM
51,077 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,380 Times in 4,397 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Very bad day at work, I am expecting more of the same tomorrow.

Good night, all.
Sorry! Hope tomorrow is better than expected!

Have glove will travel
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 26,380 Times in 4,397 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The time has come to try to sleep! Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Have glove will travel
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
I'll bring the movies to your place, then we can work on that cake!!

Have a spooky time tomorrow!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! That sounds like a deal to me! Come on over, the cake is ready to go!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Glad your arm is doing better!!!! Enjoy the movies!!!!!!
Thanks, Made!! I hope you're feeling better!

Talked to my sister and they are having fun on their camping trip. The only thing is the ranger won't let them have a fire since it's so windy out.

(Which it's really only blowing like 5mph so I don't see it as that big of a deal)
I did laugh at the wind only blowing 5 mph. I am glad that the camping trip is fun! Hopefully the wind died down so they could get a fire going. Camping isn't the same without it!

Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Actually, they had me make sure my gas cap was firmly closed before I brought the car in!

I still have dreams where I walk into a room and see Tigger there, and in the dream I'm never surprised to see her, even though I know she's been gone a long time. I'm glad she got to spend her life as a pet, too.
In my opinion, that was nice of them! Most places don't care. They'll have you come in and charge you just so they can tell you that! Maybe Tigger is actually coming to you in your dreams! She sounds like she was a real sweetheart!

Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
Jennifer, we are doubling the size of our kitchen/den and putting in a gourmet kitchen.

Merry Carey and HMG, those cats are absolutely precious!!!
That sounds wonderful! I have always dreamed of having a gourmet kitchen. I hope the remodeling all goes smoothly!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
what a wonderful way to spend your day!
I did have a great day! I hope your evening was just as wonderful!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Thanks Jennifer!
Thats so funny about the makeup. I don't like taking mine off either, it annoys me. That and blow drying my hair, lol.

It annoys me too! I can't go to bed without taking it off, either, or it drives me even crazier. The price we pay for trying to look nice - LOL! I also hate blow drying my hair. My hair is really thick so it takes an eternity. If I were to air dry my hair, it would probably take 15 hours or so to fully dry. When I go to bed with my hair damp, it'll still be wet when I wake up in the morning!

Originally Posted by Bullypup View Post
Greetings fellow MMC'ers. It's been a really fun Saturday. I had a great men's breakfast at church this morning. Then this evening I went to really fun Halloween party. Great food, good friends and some GREAT costumes. I couldn't stay as long as I wanted because I have to get up very early tomorrow for my day trip to Galena. This is a really fun weekend and a Lions win over Dallas tomorrow would make it even better.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend as well!!
Nice to see you! I am glad that you enjoyed your day! It sounds like you had a wonderful start and finish to your Saturday. I hope you have a safe trip tomorrow! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I'm happy that your arm is a bit better, praying that it continues to improve! Enjoy the Halloween movies!

Thank you, HMG! I hope you enjoyed your evening!

This has been one of those days were it was either raining or snowing. Going down to -1c (30f) so it will most likely be snowing again tonight.
There is a big window across the front wall at the store so we can look outside all day while I work, love it! But as I watched the snow fall all I could think of was different Christmas carols. I wish I would have put on my music.
It was a very busy day at work, I think all the chilly weather sent everyone shopping for the day. I love it when it is that busy, makes the day go by really fast!
The snow part sounds nice....the rain? Not so much! I love the sound of that big window! I also like to look out and see what's going on weather-wise. Sneak in some earbuds and listen to your music LOL! I do like busy days too...the time flies!

Good evening!
It is chilly tonight. We have temperatures in the 40's but it feels much cooler because it is so windy.
My husband and I took a ride earlier to look at cars. He wants me to get rid of my truck and get something else. The girls are all driving now so I really don't need a big 7 passenger truck anymore. I'm trying to talk him in to just letting me keep it. We'll see what happens.
The girls are out, they all had Halloween parties to go to. My husband is still putting crown molding up. He is also working on some columns that go in between the kitchen and dining room. The coffered ceiling in the living room is finished and he also finished up a cross vault ceiling in the kitchen. He's getting there. It's almost time for paint. I can't wait.
I am in my room with the dogs. Molly is sound asleep but Maggie is coughing a little bit tonight. The poor thing. I'm hoping she doesn't have a bad night.
I'm going to try and stay awake long enough to read!

I hope everything works out for you vehicle-wise, whether you keep your truck or get something new! Our weather is very similar. It is in the low 40's but it feels more like the upper 20's, lol! The work that your husband is doing sounds fantastic! I am sure it will look wonderful when it's all finished. Awww, I am so sorry that Maggie is not feeling well. She is still in my prayers. I hope that she gets some much needed rest tonight, poor girl! Don't fall asleep with your book in your hands!!

good night all!
Good night!! Sleep well and sweet dreams!

Well they cut the corn field right next to my apartment building today and now I'm coughing up a storm. So I just took some Benadryl and I'm going to sign off of here before I get to groggy.

Goodnight, Everyone!!!!!
I am so sorry that you are coughing up a storm! I hate when that happens! Prayers are being said for you and I hope you get some rest and feel better!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Well, we survived...but just barely. We kinda rushed through grocery shopping, but we got enough to get through the week. LOL.

I did, however, start my Christmas shopping! Woot Woot! How about that? Got a few shirts for some family members and even picked up something for the Little Bambina.

I'm going to go see what is happening elsewhere on the board.....yall have fun!
See, you did it! How exciting that you got to start your Christmas shopping! I need to start mine. Hope you have a good night!

Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
Very bad day at work, I am expecting more of the same tomorrow.

Good night, all.
Sorry that you had such a bad day, Xmas. You're in my prayers and I hope that tomorrow is much better for you. Sleep well!

Goodnight MMC!
Sleep tight, sweet dreams!!!

Good night!! Sleep well, sweet dreams!

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Goodnight, friends!!

xx

Good night, Snowflake!! Sleep well and sweet dreams! Don't forget to visit for some cake, LOL!

Hmm, powered through the drowsiness brought on by the benadryl and now I'm just in a haze. This could be a long night.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Oh no! I hope that you get out of the haze and feel better! You need some sleep!

Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
The time has come to try to sleep! Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Good night, Coach!! Sleep well and sweet dreams!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-27-2013), Bullypup (10-27-2013), Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), MerryCarey (10-26-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,106 Times in 936 Posts
jennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the treejennifer91 you could wrap up and put under the tree
Clearly I need to go to bed!!! As I was answering everyone in my above post I swear I typed "sweet draems" and "sweet drames" at least 30 times LOL!

Good night, everyone! You are all in my prayers! Hope that everyone not feeling well will feel much better in the morning!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-27-2013), Festive Spirit (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), trackrebel (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,975 Times in 1,269 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Good Morning!

I am just popping in quickly before a long day at work. The clocks went back by an hour this morning so I have a little time to spare. Yesterday was a nice relaxing day spent watching Harry Potter, baking and playing games with the kids.

I hope you all are having a nice weekend. Anyway I've got to go, I need to get a couple things sorted before I start as tomorrow morning I have an appointment at the hospital. I have to have some treatment and I'll be honest I am dreading it!

Still raining here and we are expecting stormy weather . Have a great sunday everybody!

Christmasstar - Good luck today doing the countdown , you will do a great job!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-27-2013), Bradmac (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

PoloPlayr has shown a merry disposition
Good morning from an increasingly cold Stockholm, Sweden.

Slowly planning to start my Christmas shopping tomorrow, so sitting with a cup of coffee putting this year's list together
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PoloPlayr For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), VictoriaLT (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:04 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

PoloPlayr has shown a merry disposition
Oh... and I've started drinking 'julmust' which truly puts me in such a christmas mood from every sip...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julmust
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PoloPlayr For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:13 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,048 Times in 3,684 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
from the ingredients it sounds like our German Malt Beer ..... Kids love it.....I love it too....we drink it year around now........now I want Julmust too!!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:14 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good Morning everyone.....already started doing the house.....the second load of laundry is in the mashine, the dryer is running and the dish washer, too....Kandice arranges her room......the bed is done alreaday, couch is neat.....lots more to do...but IŽll be done by around 2 I think......3 hours are enough of work for one day...or four

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 04:15 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

btw less than 60 days to Christmas......unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! And Jones comes back from Cameroon tomorrow!!!

Oh....and I have a job interview tomorow

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (10-27-2013), Bradmac (10-27-2013), HomemakinGirl (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), Sabine (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), Solice (10-27-2013), sugar142286 (10-27-2013), xmas365 (10-27-2013)