Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 4 Ideas for Frugal Gift...
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
72,396 Views  0 Posts
Why Santa Doesn't Use...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:22 PM
39,994 Views  0 Posts
"Love Is Best" by Kate...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 01:08 PM
58,367 Views  0 Posts
The Gift My Brother...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:03 PM
45,746 Views  0 Posts
December the 25th
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:23 PM
58,925 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,934 Times in 13,211 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Happy November! Wow, what a morning.. we got hit with a DOWNPOUR as I was dropping poor Jude off at school. We were soaked! Noel and I planned to go grocery shopping after drop off, but we were so wet we had to come home and get changed. What a mess. I just hope Jude didn't get hit as bad as we did (I gave him the umbrella!)

I am just spending the morning cleaning and taking my Halloween stuff down. I need it OUT OF HERE to get ready for Xmas stuff! I got everything dusted, curtains cleaned, slipcovers are in the dryer... should I start sneaking things o ut?!?
I say go for it!!!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (11-01-2013), Holiday (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-01-2013), judesmama (11-01-2013), made582 (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:06 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,255 Times in 26,540 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Has anyone heard from CAH lately?

I've talked to her a couple of times this week in emails. They are doing fine, just really busy!! She hopes to be around more next week!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-01-2013), Bullypup (11-01-2013), Holiday (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-01-2013), sugar142286 (11-01-2013), whitney37354 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 40,704 Times in 6,374 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday;568967[COLOR=Black
][/COLOR]I have been thinking about Thanksgiving constantly since I smelled the neighbors turkey the other night. LOL! I have been going through my TOH Thanksgiving magazine & last night I picked up the All You & the Rachael Ray Thanksgiving magazines at the library. Hoping to go through them this weekend!! I offered to host my hubby's family for Thanksgiving, but not sure if my MIL will give it up! I may also be hosting my side. I haven't heard for sure yet! But my wheels are turning!!
I hope you end up loving your new car! You have a Happy Friday too!
Thank you Holiday!
That's funny, I was just flipping through the Taste of Home November issue this morning, love that magazine!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Hope you learn to love it as much as your truck!!!
Thanks Made!!!

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

November has arrived. Our calendars have flipped and we're closer than ever to the 2013 Christmas Season! Stores everywhere are beginning their transformation to Christmas. And, like I said yesterday, I am excited to hear when someone posts that they've entered their first Winter Wonderland complete with Christmas music!

It's a very windy first of November morning in Ottawa. Winds were gusting over 60km/40mph this morning. If it were cooler, it would have been quite the blizzard. Instead, temperatures were in the mid teens/upper 50s. Quite high for this time of year, but temperatures should return to normal this weekend.

The weekend is nearly upon us. I have a feeling that it is going to be a busy one. As I mentioned, I will be going to a friend's cottage this evening. Kim, on the other hand, will have to get winter tires put on our car tomorrow. Of course, she wants me to join her, but I was already committed to helping my friend, so she's all alone on that one. I'm sure she'll be fine.

Finally, today is the last day at my (new) job. Yep. I have had to leave already. Despite it only being four weeks, I have had to leave in order to dedicate myself to teaching full-time. I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier, but I got on the supply teachers list with the Upper Canada District School Board, which surrounds Ottawa. I didn't managed to get an interview for the Ottawa school board. The UCDSB requires me to drive about 30-45 minutes to mos thigh schools to supply teach. Apparently, there is plenty of work available, so I must dedicate myself to my profession now that I have finally been given the opportunity! Also, if I supply for three days per week, I'd be making more than a weeks pay at my job here. Not bad!

Things are starting to look up. And all is happening just in time as we head toward our favourite time of the year. Have a great Friday, everyone! The weekend is nearly here. And, shortly after, single digits to the Season will follow!
Have fun this evening and best wishes with the new job!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,255 Times in 26,540 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I'm really excited to get outa here now (work) - my sisters & I (and Mom if she wants to come) are going Christmassing this afternoon at the German Family Christmas!! 2 of my sisters are off work today & I get off at noon. Woo Hoo!!! We are starting at my favorite place... The Coffee Shop!!

Hope you have a great time!!!

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (11-01-2013), Holiday (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-01-2013), sugar142286 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Good morning! Happy Friday! HAPPY NOVEMBER!!!!

I texted my sister this morning with a message that it's Nov. 1st - time to break out the Christmas music! WOO HOO!! Love, love, love it!! Our neighboring town (where she lives) is having "German Family Christmas" this weekend. A lot of shops participate with drawings & specials, etc. There is a craft bazaar tomorrow at the assisted living center. We went a couple years ago & they had really cool things. I'm hoping to make it over there. My favorite coffee shop participates too! I won the coffee tasting contest a couple years ago! Pathetic!

Our stitch n b*tch went really well last night. I got a lot done on my afghan. I have maybe 6 more inches to go & I can be done - or start the border. Getting excited for my next project already - though I'm not sure what it will be! I have yarn... The tornado warning in the middle of s & b woke everyone up! Thankfully we just had wind & rain & a rumble of thunder! We didn't get to watch Charlie Brown though. I was so bummed. It was on tv but with everyone yakking & the kids running around - it just didn't happen. Now that it's November I'm ready to move on the Thanksgiving/Christmas shows!!

This is our last weekend at the lake. It's bittersweet. I will miss it, but I'm looking forward to NOT having to pack up every Friday after work! Time to settle in for winter. : -)

Both bosses left this morning on an hour trip (each way) - it has been the best Nov. 1st morning ever! Ha ha!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Enjoy your last weekend at the lake Holiday!

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Do you mind me asking what vehicle you're getting? We have been looking at new ones as well, I am trying to decide on a vehicle like that. I have it narrowed down. Thanks.
We looked at a few but my husband decided on the Lincoln MKX. I'm happy he finally chose one, they were all starting to look the same to me!

Originally Posted by Classic Christmas View Post
Nov 1, the official start of Christmas music in our house!

First song of the season (as it is every year): "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - Andy Williams
One of my all time favorite songs!

Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC and Welcome to November!!!! It's going to be a windy overcast day here but the rain is at least gone. Not Much on my agenda for today. Just sitting around this morning and afternoon. Then Christmas movies and hopefully some trick or treaters tonight. I also need to get everything I baked yesterday packed up for the cake walk at the fall festival tomorrow. Well I'm off to amazon to do a little shopping. I think I'm going to download Duck Dynasty's christmas album. I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun tonight!

Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Well, last night for Halloween, it got off to a slow start, then all of a sudden, we were overran with all the Trick-or Treaters. We went thru, and I mean completely cleaned out of, 28 pounds of candy. I had to have a few almond joys for myself but all in all, they wiped me out.

that was fine with me, the last thing I want and or need is a lot of candy in the house, because I know that I will be into it.....
That's a lot of candy xmastidings! About how many trick or treaters do you think you had?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,326 Times in 3,114 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good morning, everyone! How are you all doing? I am well. Just getting caught up on here and relaxing with DS.

How was everyone's Halloween? As I have been reading through the posts, sounds like your evenings went well. I did see briefly about Coach's post. Glad all is okay now! We had a fun night here. The kids had a blast. It rained and it was windy, but that didn't keep the kids spirits down. We also went to the fire station to visit DH at work. The fireman gave the kids some treats. They enjoyed that. They got a fire call, right before we were leaving, and DS just loved seeing them leave in action.

What are your plans for today? I don't have a whole lot planned. EA is at school, so I will be trying to keep DS entertained. I am going to fit something Christmassy into my schedule, since this is when Christmas on TV seems to really start picking up.

Well, I am off to read more of the boards. I will be on throughout the day. I will talk to you guys later on. Hope you all enjoy your day. Prayers for you all. Thinking of you all as well. God Bless and keep smiling!
How fun that the kids got to see the fire truck take off. My nieces husband, and 2 of my nephews are firefighters & the kids just love to go to the firehouse! Have a great day!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
HomemakinGirl (11-01-2013), made582 (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-01-2013), sugar142286 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Good morning everyone. I'm worn out, but glad it's Friday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-01-2013), Bullypup (11-01-2013), Holiday (11-01-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-01-2013), made582 (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-01-2013), sugar142286 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

I sat a huge bowl out and when I came home, not even a 1/4 of it was gone. We have so much left, plus the kids got so much - candy, chips, pretzels, soda, you name it!
I did that once and they took everything, bowl and all!

I'm really excited to get outa here now (work) - my sisters & I (and Mom if she wants to come) are going Christmassing this afternoon at the German Family Christmas!! 2 of my sisters are off work today & I get off at noon. Woo Hoo!!! We are starting at my favorite place... The Coffee Shop!!
Have fun!!!

Originally Posted by judesmama View Post
Happy November! Wow, what a morning.. we got hit with a DOWNPOUR as I was dropping poor Jude off at school. We were soaked! Noel and I planned to go grocery shopping after drop off, but we were so wet we had to come home and get changed. What a mess. I just hope Jude didn't get hit as bad as we did (I gave him the umbrella!)

I am just spending the morning cleaning and taking my Halloween stuff down. I need it OUT OF HERE to get ready for Xmas stuff! I got everything dusted, curtains cleaned, slipcovers are in the dryer... should I start sneaking things o ut?!?
I say yes!

Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning everyone. I'm worn out, but glad it's Friday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Happy Friday Ryan!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 AM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,934 Times in 13,211 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Have a great weekend, Ryan!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (11-01-2013), Holiday (11-01-2013), made582 (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (11-01-2013), xmas365 (11-01-2013)