Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When do you start decorating for Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,027
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,174)
Welcome to our newest member, pe1225

Old 11-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

Puternut has shown a merry disposition
We usually start the day after T-day but it is late this year and we have so much decorating to get done so we will start earlier.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Puternut For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-03-2013), jreagan56 (11-03-2013), momnan30 (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013), xmastidings (11-02-2013)

Old 11-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,929 Times in 2,209 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
I normally start Black Friday or that weekend, but I have to work all of those days, so does DH, so I may start Tuesday of that week to get started. I normally don't like starting before Thanksgiving, to still observe the Thanksgiving holiday, but I want to also enjoy the Christmas season!
Sugar, I'm the very same way. But with this year's Thanksgiving being soooo late in the month, it kind of put's me in a position where I'm going to have to get the decorations up earlier then I usually do, just so that I can enjoy them longer....

I like to enjoy, and decorate for Thanksgiving, giving it a feeling of two true separate holidays. I love to get ou and watch Miracle on 34th street (1947) on Thanksgiving day because it has the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, where Santa arrives.

After that is over, then it's time to start watching some serious Christmas movies....However, It's time for a change this year and I am going to start earlier this year.....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-03-2013), momnan30 (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

redkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elfredkaga is a good elf
TODAY!!!… well, sort of…

My parents have a resale hobby/side business on ebay and specialize in Christmas collectibles. They attend large sales and auctions and pick up Hallmark, Dept. 56, etc. for resale. Yesterday they went to a local Christmas auction and picked up two of those ceramic light up trees with the plastic bulbs. My grandma puts one up every year and I've claimed it as part of my future inheritance, but they gave me one from the auction and I just had to put it up. Our real decorating will probably start in a couple weeks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redkaga For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-03-2013), momnan30 (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013), xmastidings (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by redkaga View Post
TODAY!!!… well, sort of…

My parents have a resale hobby/side business on ebay and specialize in Christmas collectibles. They attend large sales and auctions and pick up Hallmark, Dept. 56, etc. for resale. Yesterday they went to a local Christmas auction and picked up two of those ceramic light up trees with the plastic bulbs. My grandma puts one up every year and I've claimed it as part of my future inheritance, but they gave me one from the auction and I just had to put it up. Our real decorating will probably start in a couple weeks.
Hey, that's ironic, my aunt used to have one of those back in the 70's and I loved it as a kid. Well, recently, I went to a department store (Kirklands) and they had one on the shelf. I didn't buy it then, and it's been on my mind ever since.

I'm going to get it the next time I'm there. I always wanted one of them for some strange reason....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-03-2013), Head Elf (11-02-2013), momnan30 (11-03-2013), redkaga (11-02-2013), snowflake22 (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Well, I put up the tree and fluffed it. Put the lights on and it makes a great night light. I have put on some of the ornaments and I'm sure I will re-arrange them (a lot). Put together my fishbowl snowman, and I will put up the other tree tomorrow in the dining room. The tree in the living room is a travel tree. Ornaments from all the places we (the family) have been over the years. The dining room tree is my retro silver tree with blue and silver ornaments. Not big on November as my birthday is too close to Thanksgiving... I want to enjoy the holiday as long as I can.

I have one of those ceramic trees on my fireplace and I just found all of my ornaments for it.... that will be decorated too!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

jreagan56 has shown a merry dispositionjreagan56 has shown a merry disposition
I actually put up a small tree today. It's the first time in eight years i've had one since a change in my personal situation
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jreagan56 For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-04-2013), momnan30 (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-04-2013), xmastidings (11-04-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
We'll probably stick with tradition, and decorate Thanksgiving weekend. Since we're not decorating a lot outside the house, my husband mentioned he may do that before Thanksgiving. Living in CT, you don't know how cold it will be by then, so it's always nice to have the outside decorations up before the really cold weather sets in.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Adam (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-04-2013), momnan30 (11-03-2013), snowflake22 (11-04-2013), xmastidings (11-04-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,244 Times in 496 Posts
GingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoeGingerMel would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm going to use my grandmother's fake Christmas tree this year instead of getting a real tree, I think. So I started thinking today (while I was in Sams)...why am I waiting? It's just me...I can decorate whenever I want. SO I literally might put it up this week. hah hah.
'Tis the season (11-04-2013), Festive Spirit (11-04-2013), snowflake22 (11-04-2013), xmastidings (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by GingerMel View Post
I'm going to use my grandmother's fake Christmas tree this year instead of getting a real tree, I think. So I started thinking today (while I was in Sams)...why am I waiting? It's just me...I can decorate whenever I want. SO I literally might put it up this week. hah hah.
We were walking thru Target tonight and we sort of ventured over to where they are putting up their Christmas decoration, well, I asked the wife if we could put up another tree this year. Make it a themed one, like Disney or something like that...Well, she didn't say yes but, she didn't say no either....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (11-05-2013), GingerMel (11-07-2013), snowflake22 (11-04-2013), Spyells (11-07-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
3 of my neighbors have their lights up!!! I couldn't believe it. It seems like people are in the spirit very early this year. So nice to see.

I think I will start in a week or so, maybe two.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (11-09-2013), GingerMel (11-07-2013), snowflake22 (11-04-2013), Spyells (11-07-2013), xmastidings (11-05-2013)