Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Christmas Radio & Audio » 2013 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

Christmas Radio & Audio Discussions of Christmas on tape or disc, playing on the radio or uploaded here at MMC.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Twelve Days of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:06 PM
48,648 Views  0 Posts
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,432 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2001
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:56 PM
45,578 Views  0 Posts
Bells Joseph, Mary and Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:52 PM
63,664 Views  0 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,451 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-31-2013, 11:46 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,165 Times in 410 Posts
DoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoeDoubleA would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Taking a listen to Tinsel and Tunes right now, thanks for the heads up.
RadioJonD (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
As reported here, 92.1 The Coast (in North Florida)[/url] has switched over to all Christmas music!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
RadioJonD (11-01-2013), Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 12:12 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,270 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
As reported here, 92.1 The Coast (in North Florida)[/url] has switched over to all Christmas music!
In addition to "The Coast" Radio Insight reports about four more today. I'm not where i can research further links and include logos but I have managed to add a couple to DAR.fm that are recording now.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 11-01-2013 at 12:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 12:52 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

2013 Christmas/Radio Holiday Programming & Schedules

Currently at DAR.fm..

Future Recordings

Show/Station Duration When Status
ALL CHRISTMAS 2013 (WLTQ-FM) 600 min 2:07pm Eastern Nov 1 Recording
Tinsel and Tunes 2013 First 24 Hours (Tinsel ) 1440 min 11:59pm Eastern Oct 31 Recording
ALL CHRISTMAS 2013 (WZTI) 1440 min 1:42pm Eastern Oct 31 Recording

Previous Recordings or: play Add to iTunes: add to iTunes

Show/Station Duration When Status
K-Rad October 2 and 3, 20013 (Kringle Radio) 1440 min 6:28pm Eastern Oct 2 Completed
Mistletoe Mix October 2013 (Kringle Radio) 150 min 1:58pm Eastern Sep 18 Completed
Mistletoe Mix July 2013 (Kringle Radio) 180 min 11:38pm Eastern Sep 14 Completed

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
In addition to "The Coast" Radio Insight reports about four more today. I'm not to where i can research further links and include logos but I have managed to add a couple to DAR.fm that are recording now.

Last edited by RadioJonD; 11-01-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 06:56 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

So Many, So Soon !!!

Feel free to explore any or all stations looking for listen links & logos to share here. Listing each one separately is time consuming for one person, especially with so many so soon!

I also felt that I needed to record a few hours of each station (available on DAR.fm) but probably just won't be able to keep up there either. Anyone wanting to pitch in to start/schedule stations may do so! Contact me for log in details. I'm thinking that five hours per station may be enough although the first few recorded/recording are way longer.

If you don't feel comfortable working in DAR.fm but want a few hours of a particular station recorded, shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to set it up.

November 1, 2013 From Radio Insight:

Among the known stations also making the switch this morning:

Clear Channel Classic Hits “Classic 93.1” KHLX Sacramento
“True Oldies 1170” KRUE Waseca, MN
Pillar of Fire Christian AC “Star 93.3” WAKW Cincinnati
SJ Broadcasting AC “Sunny 95.3” WJEK Champaign IL
“97.7 Guess-FM” 1430 WOWW/W249BN Memphis
Clear Channel Hot AC “Mix 93.1” WSVO Staunton, VA
Bristol Broadcasting Classic Rock 94.7 WQQR Paducah ditched its branding for “Christmas 94.7“
Clear Channel’s “Oldies 107.3” WODX Rochester
Clear Channel Hot AC “Mix 94.5” WMXL Lexington
Clear Channel Hot AC “Mix 95.7” W239BV Winchester, VA
Clear Channel Hot AC “Capital 106.3” KPTL Des Moines
CBS has launched All-Christmas on WWFS-HD2 New York and WODS-HD3 Boston
Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Listen Report WZTI - Milwaukee, WI

I've just started listening to a bit of WZTI. First tune heard, James Brown - "Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto". The second, Bing's "White Christmas." It also seems to have a real station DJ. Yeah, I'll enjoy this one!

Straight to the listen link - http://www.1290martiniradio.com/listen.html

Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
While searching for Christmas music on the radio, I spotted this article a couple days ago, which talks about radio stations in Milwaukee switching to Christmas music soon, and it contained this quote:

And sure enough, I checked today, and WZTI (1290 AM - "Martini Radio") has switched to an all Christmas music format! (they probably launched it this morning, it was still playing "Frank Sinatra" music as of a couple days ago).

Here's their website (which does have an online listen link). Enjoy!
Coolarity! DAR.fm activated!

Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 07:29 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Listen Report: Tinsel & Tunes - NET

Not your typical Top-100 Christmas Tune station, for sure! Many recognizable tunes by lesser heard artists. Tinsel & Tunes does have a somewhat of a contemporary Jazz flavor but with a mix other genres as well. Like!

This is my first time to discover this seasonal NET radio station. I'm anxious to see if it lives up to the description. Sounds promising!

Tinsel & Tunes kicks off tonight at Midnight Eastern (in a few minutes from this post).

According to their FaceBook Page, the first person to post there with the first three songs played in their entirety will win an Amazon Gift Card!

From the webpage & FB page:

Tune In, Anywhere.

Free Christmas Music anywhere you go.
Tinsel & Tunes broadcasts via the Tune In App and our own iPhone App.

The Perfect Holiday Music Mix.

Our unique mix of Christmas music.
No sappy ballads, no dogs barking and no donkeys. That’s our promise.

A Party Every Weekend.

Call your friends, grab a glass.

Every Day programming

Tinsel & Tunes is a Christmas music radio channel that broadcasts yearly from November 1st through January 1st. The format is the brainchild of former MakRadio.com creator Mak McKeehan and broadcasts from a digital studio in Pennsylvania. Tinsel & Tunes is syndicated by Fusion Radio Chicago a division of Pure Pulse Media.

The unique blend of rock, pop, jazz, classical and classic Christmas music was created to provide the perfect holiday mix for both active and passive listening. The lack of traditional “cheesey” songs is intentional. This well balanced programming is meant to entertain, enlighten and engage the listener without the need for the chipmunks, dogs barking or droning sappy ballads written only to bring a tear to your eye.

Lite, fun and fresh, Tinsel & Tunes will bring a smile to your face as you hear some of your favorites performed both traditionally and with artistic melodic updates.

Christmas Cocktails (Friday/Saturday 8pm-1am EST)
Grab a martini, a mini crab cake and someone you dig. Christmas Cocktails takes the classics of the 40s, 50s and 60s and adds a splash of spice. These remixed originals are the perfect mix for the modern holiday party. The music is specifically chosen to kick your party in the pants. Connect your computer, iPhone, or other internet radio listening device to the stereo and save money on a DJ. Christmas Cocktails is sure to keep your guests happy well into the snow-fallen night!

About

Award winning holiday music channel playing Christmas tunes, annually, from November 1st through January 1st.

Mission

To procure the best Christmas music on the planet, without all the cheese you hear everywhere else.

Company Overview

Tinsel & Tunes is operated by Mak McKeehan Entertainment in conjunction with Fusion Radio Chicago. Annually, the station launches nearly 6 million streams and is heard in more than 80 countries around the world.
Description

The unique blend of rock, pop, jazz, classical and classic Christmas music was created to provide the perfect holiday mix for both active and passive listening. The lack of traditional “cheesey” songs is intentional. This well balanced programming is meant to entertain, enlighten and engage the listener without the need for the chipmunks, dogs barking or droning sappy ballads meant to only bring a tear to your eye.

Friday and Saturday Nights get funky for your holiday gatherings:

Christmas Cocktails airs every Friday & Saturday night from 8pm to 1am EST featuring traditional holiday songs - remixed for the perfect Christmas party atmosphere.
Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:28 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

November 2, 2013

Radio Insight adds four more -

"Star 102.5" WTSS Buffalo, New York with online listen link. -

“96.1 Joy-FM” WJYE Buffalo, New York with online listen link. -

Last edited by RadioJonD; 11-02-2013 at 05:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadioJonD For This Useful Post:
mike24forever (11-04-2013), Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

...And

“Magic 93.7” WMJY Biloxi, Mississippi with online listen link (iHeart Radio).

105.9 KGBX Springfield, Missouri with online listen link (iHeart Radio).

I assume all iHeart stations will be carrying the same programming. These two are the same. Perhaps there are local commercial and station drop ins though this is an indication that your local commercial broadcast station isn't really local at all.
Storeytime (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
...And

105.9 KGBX Springfield, Missouri with online listen link (iHeart Radio).
Yes, this is my local "Christmas station" each year (and I'm not usually satisfied with their playlist). Still, I enjoyed discovering Christmas music playing yesterday when I turned on the station. It wasn't playing christmas music the day before - so I wondered "Why launch Christmas music on a Saturday?"

The DJ came on inbetween songs at a certain point, and declared this was just a weekend of Christmas music - a teaser ahead of when they actually do go "All Christmas" (probably in another 2 or 3 weeks). Bah, I was hoping they were "All Christmas" fully committed as of now. Still, this is the first time in many a year in which they played Christmas music this early.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
Storeytime (11-03-2013), xmas365 (11-03-2013)