Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Who is this person?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,235
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, AGiles

Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Yes I did write it - every so often a poem or saying comes to mind when I put it to paper sometimes they need a little tweaking, other times they end up in the bin as they will never work. Funny thing is I cant just try and make one up - it has to come to me.

But what is so nice is to hear that people still stop their busy lives if only for a little while to help someone in need. We dont hear very much about that sort of thing anymore and when we do it is often because someone has been burned in the process of helping. Heck even here in New Zealand where the people are known to be a nation of givers we are starting to have difficulty getting volunteers and that is so sad. Of the groups I belong to the majority of volunteers are now in their late 60s or older - the young ones and even the middle aged ones like me say they dont have time for it. It is a sad reflection on society today in my view.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
mammaduke

candle

If just one person helped someone then that person helped someone, we would see a chain reaction that noone would think could be possible. One act of kindness goes a long way, even if it's opening a door for someone, letting a person cut in front of you because they have less items then you,or just a simple smile & "hello".We never know how they will help the next person they meet.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
So true - a smile goes a long way to making someone elses day that little bit better.