Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Archives > Hall of Fame » Christmas Countdown - 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Hall of Fame Over the years we have had many memorable discussions and events. Archived here are closed discussions we like to look back on from Christmas past.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,638 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by made582 View Post
Good Morning MMC!!!!! It's going to be a cloudy but decent day here with a high in the upper 50's. Then heavy rain tomorrow. Yuck!! Well some good news and bad news from the doctor this morning. The good news, the fracture is about 70% healed. Which I'm surprised with as much walking as I have been doing. The bad news is though, I have to wear this boot for another 2 weeks since it's not completely healed. Boo!!!!! After those 2 weeks are up, I can go back to my normal shoe and walk but I'm supposed to go another 6 weeks without pain. Then I can slowly build myself back up to where I was before over the next 6 weeks. Way to drawn out for me but at least it will be winter and I won't want to be outside walking as much anyways. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
That is fantastic news abut your foot. I hope you continue to make a full recovery soon. After all it's the busiest time of year we all need to be in good shape !

Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
Good morning!!! I am working my way through catching up on posts. Not sure if I'll make it before lunch!!

My Dad is in the middle of a biopsy on his vertebrae right now - hoping & praying all is going well there! Has me nervous this morning! My sister took him. She just sent a text that the girl who brought him back for the procedure is from town here. Small world.

Hope you are all having a great day!
You and your Dad are in my thoughts and prayers. You must be so worried. I hope the procedure went smoothly and you can know more about the situation as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
I finished my tests quickly at the hospital today. They didn't find anything (thank goodness) which means the high heart rate is just my normal. He told me that I could go on beta blockers if I want to, but it is very difficult for people my age to adjust to them. He said that I am not in any danger if I do not take them, so I am just going to leave it alone. I'll see if it's still an issue in 10-15 years and then go from there.

Thanks for all of your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers! It's amazing what they can do
Hey that is wonderful news! I am glad everything is fine. I also have an elevated heartbeat, I guess it's just one of those things. I am always on the go though, I can't sit still. Glad you are ok!

Originally Posted by Bradmac View Post
Good Tuesday afternoon, my Christmas friends!

I've been a bit busy this morning, hence my tardy post. I had a city council meeting last night that was supposed to be short & sweet, and became long and sour. Ok, not really sour, but long, anyways. I got home to a cold supper and sink full of dishes to wash. Ho hum.

Tonight is the first family-night supper we've had a Nancy's parents' since her mom got sick last year. I'm looking forward to that.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Hope you and the family enjoyed a lovely dinner and evening.

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
Good evening to all! Hope your day went well. (I somehow feel it's Monday today. Oh well. ^^) I finished my essay today - yay for that - and it now gives me more time to work on habitat survey. I think I'm gonna struggle with it but on the other hand, I don't have other choice than complete the survey anyway. I hope to sail through it somehow. I'm going to the field tomorrow - all by myself. I hope for the best. :] Best wishes to all!
Goodluck today in the field, you will do great!

Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Good evening, MMC!

Quick catch up on here: prayers on the way for all. Jennifer, I knew you would be fine!

Busy day today! About to have dinner at my cousin's - scrambled eggs. Yum!!!

Be MERRY!
Hope you had a nice dinner and got some time to unwind after your busy day.

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
First time in awhile I have has time to actually read and respond to some posts.
It has been crazy here, everyone is on edge. It is kind of like a bad storm rolling through and all you can do is sit and wait for it to pass.
Hope it all passes soon, hang in there. Thoughts and prayers you way .

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Hey friends!!

How are you all this evening?

I had a busy, but nice day at work. I created a display of Christmas dinnerware, and another of Yankee Candles!

My favorite new scent is one called Santa's Pipe- the scent reminds me of a pipe that my Grandpa smoked. I will have to pick one up!

We have employee appreciation coming up, and we get an extra discount!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a lovely way to spend a work day! Santa's Pipe sounds magical, I would love to smell what it's like.

Originally Posted by sugar142286 View Post
Hey everyone. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I didn't get to check all the posts, but hopefully I will later on tonight or I will read them tomorrow.

I work tonight, so I need to go lay down. I hope you're all having a great evening. Enjoy what is left of it. I will talk to you all tomorrow! God Bless and keep smiling! Tomorrow is another Pines Day!
Hope you had a good night at work and it wasn't to busy.

Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good evening everyone!

Just thought I would come in for a quick hello. My mornings are a little interesting now. This morning, I began my first official day as a supply teacher. I received a call this morning, but it was too late for me to make it to the school on time. I also had to spend $300 to fix my car. That really hurt. At least the car has now been fixed and it should not give me any problems for a while... I need it to last since I will probably be driving about 45 minutes (on average) to work everyday.

Anyway, I am really hoping to get a call soon for tomorrow. I need the money and experience! Have a great Tuesday evening, everyone! The final 'Pines Day before the beginning of the Christmas Season is nearly upon us!
Originally Posted by threeyoda View Post
Hey everyone, I'd just like to say thanks for the nice welcome to this thread I got.

I have a question though since I'm new here... What is the Special Post Series?

Thanks!
Congrats on starting as a supply teacher. How was your first day in the classroom with the children? At least the car is now fixed, it sounds like you will be using it a lot. Fingers crossed you get a call to go in today.

Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Good Morning MMC Gang!

As life would have it, I'm too busy to check the forum everyday. so this is just a short notice that I'm healthy and as already said very busy.

Unfortunately I doubt life will calm down any until right before christmas. So I'll drop in if I have time. Just to share some of the happy things that happened the last two or three weeks:

My work team and I celebrated the birth of a healthy little daughter to one of my co-workers. Her name is Aylin (which is the turkish version of Eileen, but they pronounce it like Eileen), she was born on October 28th.

My sunday school team meeting went very well. We have the childrens christmas church service well covered.

I was babysitting two very energized two boys (age 8 and 12) last thurstday. Who made the couple hours I watched them, very entertaining. I just love those two!

I hope you are all well and happy.

See you later!
Nice to see you Ceteca , glad to know you are well and everything is going ok with you. Take care and hope you get a chance to visit again soon.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-06-2013), Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), Meceka (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), VictoriaLT (11-06-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)

Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by threeyoda View Post
Hey everyone, I'd just like to say thanks for the nice welcome to this thread I got.

I have a question though since I'm new here... What is the Special Post Series?

Thanks!
Welcome to the board!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,893 Times in 458 Posts
VictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnogVictoriaLT will NOT spit in your eggnog
Yay for your essay being completed!! Bet you did an awesome job on it.

Good luck on the habitat survey, I have no doubt you'll do a great job on that as well =}
Thank you. Although my friend, who did the survey last year, said it's very complicated and it takes ages to do it, and I only have 3 weeks. Ouch!

Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
well done!
Now on to the next project, you will do great. You sounds like you are enjoying school.

Thank you. Speaking about the course, sometimes I feel it's not the one I should be doing. Sometimes I feel that the course is not me - if you know what I mean?...

It's snowing!!!!! ❄️❄️❄️.
Goodnight, friends!!
xx

That's great! I hope snow won't melt. :]

Good morning to all! I'm getting ready to go the field. I don't have any formal classes today and the forecast says it's not going to rain which means I won't get soaked. Good day to start working on the survey. ^^ Hope you all have a good day, and I will see you in the evening! Best wishes. xx

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.' (Dr. Seuss)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VictoriaLT For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-06-2013), Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Festive Spirit (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 35,525 Times in 6,831 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
46 days till Lovemas!!!!! Ahhhhhhh

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (11-06-2013), Bradmac (11-06-2013), Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 35,525 Times in 6,831 Posts
Binger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBinger leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Crown,,, can you confirm that I have the special post on Saturday- day 4? Thanx. Yabba! Wake up .....

CELEBRATE LOVEMAS~
DARLENE LOVE ON LETTERMEN, DECEMBER 23, 2014!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Binger For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-06-2013), Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

aLEKSA. is a good elfaLEKSA. is a good elfaLEKSA. is a good elfaLEKSA. is a good elfaLEKSA. is a good elfaLEKSA. is a good elf
Hello from Europe!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aLEKSA. For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-06-2013), Cetacea (11-06-2013), Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Festive Spirit (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), Meceka (11-06-2013), MerryCarey (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), VictoriaLT (11-07-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 53,345 Times in 8,843 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Thanks, HmG!!

We got in the balsam room spray, it smells great!!

How is Maggie doing?

Hope you have a great night, too =}
Sorry Snowflake, I walked away for a few minutes last night and Tapatalk wouldn't let me log back in when I got back!
Anyway, Maggie is still coughing. The poor thing. I am supposed to call the doctor back when she finishes her medicine. She has three more doses left. She's taking it every other day so I will be calling soon. It looks like she may be going back for another xray of the lungs. I will keep you posted, xo.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:16 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Cetacea View Post
Good Morning MMC Gang!

As life would have it, I'm too busy to check the forum everyday. so this is just a short notice that I'm healthy and as already said very busy.

Unfortunately I doubt life will calm down any until right before christmas. So I'll drop in if I have time. Just to share some of the happy things that happened the last two or three weeks:

My work team and I celebrated the birth of a healthy little daughter to one of my co-workers. Her name is Aylin (which is the turkish version of Eileen, but they pronounce it like Eileen), she was born on October 28th.

My sunday school team meeting went very well. We have the childrens christmas church service well covered.

I was babysitting two very energized two boys (age 8 and 12) last thurstday. Who made the couple hours I watched them, very entertaining. I just love those two!

I hope you are all well and happy.

See you later!
Good morning Cetacea!
Congratulations to your coworker!
I'm happy things are going well for you, it's so nice to see you!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by VictoriaLT View Post
Good morning to all! I'm getting ready to go the field. I don't have any formal classes today and the forecast says it's not going to rain which means I won't get soaked. Good day to start working on the survey. ^^ Hope you all have a good day, and I will see you in the evening! Best wishes. xx

Good morning Victoria, I hope you have a good day too
Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by aLEKSA. View Post
Hello from Europe!
Hello and Welcome to the countdown thread Aleksa!!

Originally Posted by HomemakinGirl View Post
Sorry Snowflake, I walked away for a few minutes last night and Tapatalk wouldn't let me log back in when I got back!
Anyway, Maggie is still coughing. The poor thing. I am supposed to call the doctor back when she finishes her medicine. She has three more doses left, she's taking it every other day. So I will be calling soon. It looks like she may be going back for another xray of the lungs. I will keep you posted, xo.
Morning HMG,
So sorry to read that Maggie is still not well. The xray sounds like the next best step. Praying it's nothing serious..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-06-2013), Holiday (11-06-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-06-2013), made582 (11-06-2013), snowflake22 (11-06-2013), sugar142286 (11-06-2013), xmas365 (11-06-2013)