Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Introductions New here? Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,223
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud

Old 10-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

Daniel12days has shown a merry disposition
Welcome to the site! I never knew a songwriter before. I hope you will enjoy the site!

-Daniel12days

Old 10-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Welcome Eoghan1! I am or was a songwriter too. I haven't worked at it in a long time. I'd like to hear it. Feel free to send me a PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Christmasologist

Last Achievements

Storeytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoeStoreytime would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Never mind on the PM. I found it in the marketplace. Good job on the song!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

eoghan1 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Storeytime View Post
Never mind on the PM. I found it in the marketplace. Good job on the song!
Thank you!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,065 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Hello and Welcome

Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,031 Times in 13,418 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by eoghan1 View Post
Hi all...

I'm here to pick the collective hive brain of Christmas fans everywhere...and more specifically of Christmas music fans. A friend and I have written and recorded a Christmas song. I don't want to be accused of spamming, so I won't link to it here, but if you send me a private message I'll be happy to direct you to a place where you can listen to it.

What I'm asking you good people is, how do you think we should go about pushing this song out to as many Christmas music fans as possible. We're not looking to be famous ourselves (although rich would be nice!). What we'd ideally like is for some other act to pick up the song and make it theirs. But to do that I think we need to get it known among the aficionados. The question is, how?!!!

Any ideas or inspiration will be most welcome. And, as I said, I'm happy to send the song to anyone who's interested.

thanks,
eoghan

P.S. For what it's worth, my own top three Crimbo classics are:
1. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
2. Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade
3. Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea
Old 11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

j<3noel29 has shown a merry disposition
welcome :)

Welcome to MMC! I was just in Switzerland a couple weeks ago (only for the airport, but still... Best of luck to you with the song!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Geoff5 has shown a merry disposition
Well let me be the first to congratulate you on creating a new Christmas song! It's also very admirable of you to reach out and ask for help with what to do next. I have been an ASCAP Writer and Music Publisher since 1987, and if I can offer a little encouragement, even though the market is saturated, the last Christmas songs has not been written yet, nor will it ever be. There is always room for new material.

Before I do anything with any of my songs, I file for copyright protection. It's a very simple, inexpensive process here in the US, and hopefully is as easy in Switzerland. There are some services on the internet that will offer to catalog your Christmas composition in a digital vault to prove ownership. It is true that you own the copyright at the moment of creation, and this will probably work. You can call me "old school", but the real value of copyright is the ability to collect damages when you've been harmed, and you cannot do that without the Certificate of Registration. Imagine how shocked you'd be if someone stole your Christmas song, made millions, and the courts said, "Yup...you're the original writer. Have a nice day!"

I can't tell you number of times a Certificate of Registration has saved me in the past, and even in the present with YouTube to prove ownership when uploading videos. Start with filing your copyright. It has worked for me many times and I'm sure it will work for you.

Geoff
The Following User Says Thank You to Geoff5 For This Useful Post:
eoghan1 (11-15-2013)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

eoghan1 has shown a merry disposition
Thanks for the congrats and the advice Geoff. We've taken a few steps to ensure our copyright is protected, so hopefully we should be okay.

eoghan
Old 11-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Geoff5 has shown a merry disposition
Hello again Eoghan,

I just listened to your song at Bandcamp. A very happy, bouncy, foot-tapping Christmas tune with excellent pop lyrics! I hope it goes big for you!

Geoff