Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » Do You Feel Down Or Stressed?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,093 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Norman Rockwell,...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2011 11:15 AM
71,352 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
Papa's Christmas Surprise
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:21 PM
51,569 Views  0 Posts
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,534 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM
mammaduke

santahat

Glad you are doing better today. It seems the closer we get to the holidays the crazier people seem to get. They are driving crazy, rude to others, Just going nuts.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Your a very kind person mammaduke, the world needs more people like you.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Like I posted in another thread, my Dad passed away in October. I'm trying to keep life here at home as normal as possible. I have four sisters and we are all going through the same thing. When we feel down, we call another sister. I have my moments, and cry at the drop of a hat! At the same time, since my Dad had been failing, if he were alive, then we would still worry about him. WE all find comfort knowing he is at peace now., and not suffering anymore. Also, I don't want to ruin the holiday for my wonderful husband and step sons. I know my Dad wouldn't want us to grieve for very long.

Last edited by novelist; 12-01-2007 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by novelist View Post
Like I posted in another thread, my Dad passed away in October. I'm trying to keep life here at home as normal as possible. I have four sisters and we are all going through the same thing. When we feel down, we call another sister. I have my moments, and cry at the drop of a hat! At the same time, since my Dad had been failing, if he were alive, then we would still worry about him. WE all find comfort knowing he is at peace now., and not suffering anymore. Also, I don't want to ruin the holiday for my wonderful husband and step sons. I know my Dad wouldn't want us to grieve for very long.
Novelist...
I am sorry to hear about your dad. I can so relate to what you are going through. I lost my mom in March of 99'...as time goes on so does life. But there is not a day that I don't think of her. The holidays especially make it hard. But you have to stay strong as you have said for your family. They need you. And it's ok to cry at a drop of a hat...heck I still do too sometimes. It's part of grieving and being human. I wish you and your sisters the best. It's nice you have each other to "lean" on. I also wanted to share this special poem for you. I found it online and gave it to my dad...the first Christmas without my mother. I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you. Take care of yourself.

I see the countless CHRISTMAS TREES around the world below
with tiny lights like HEAVENíS STARS reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so SPECTACULAR please wipe away that tear
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year. I hear the many CHRISTMAS SONGS that people hold so dear
but the SOUND OF MUSIC can't compare with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.
I have no words to tell you of the JOY their voices bring
for it is beyond description to HEAR THE ANGELS SING.
I know HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME, I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.
I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR or the PEACE here in this place
Can you just imagine CHRISTMAS WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face
I'll ask him to LIFT YOUR SPIRIT as I tell him of your love
so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER as you lift your eyes above.
Please let your HEARTS BE JOYFUL and let your SPIRIT SING
for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN and Iím walking WITH THE KING.

Wishing you and yours the best!
~Annette~
Old 12-01-2007, 08:01 PM
mammaduke

Annette that was beautiful what you wrote.
novelist : Remember always that he is there to help you durning this hard time.
I just found out my friend died this week & It's really hard now.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Santa's Mentor

Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by mammaduke View Post
Annette that was beautiful what you wrote.
novelist : Remember always that he is there to help you durning this hard time.
I just found out my friend died this week & It's really hard now.
Thanks Mammaduke..How are you doing? I'm sorry to hear about your friend too. Goodness, the Lord must really be trying to fill his choir. I hope all is well with you.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I think the stress will come on at school as Christmas gets closer. Right now...doin' okay. My prayers do go out to all who are feeling down for any reason.

Last edited by Maebeary; 12-01-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Fixing typos.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
I think everyone feels down at some point during this time of the year, with missing loved ones, financial pressures, time pressures and everything else. The pity is that often people take it out on others who dont deserve it. Pity the counter staff at stores with customers who are rude, abusive and just plain nasty - because of some imagined slight, look at the drivers on the road with road rage and dangerous driving, Look to your neighbours when something doesnt go right - whether it be the cake in the oven burning or the paper being late. Santa Claus may be thought of as larger than life - but then so are most peoples emotions over this time of year. My way of coping is to find a little time each day, be it 5 minutes, where I sit and do nothing but drink a cup of tea and let my thoughts roam - I imagine opening a box in my head, - sometimes I listen to a song, read a poem, watch the water rippling in the river, or just watch the clouds go by. This is my time and I am allowed to be as down and as sad as I want to be. When my time is up I collect up all that sadness and pain, shove it back in the box and lock it away. It will still be there tomorrow - but I control when it affects me.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Annette: Thank you so much for that beautiful poem. It reminds me of the funeral mass for my father when the priest told us that if someone asked my father if he would like to come back to us, he would say no. Heaven is such a beautiful place, he wouldn't want to leave . Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Santa's Mentor

Originally Posted by novelist View Post
Annette: Thank you so much for that beautiful poem. It reminds me of the funeral mass for my father when the priest told us that if someone asked my father if he would like to come back to us, he would say no. Heaven is such a beautiful place, he wouldn't want to leave . Thanks again!
You are very welcome. If you get the chance and enjoy to read check out this wonderful book called 90 minutes in Heaven. By Don Piper...I highly recommend it to everyone.