Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Are you done with your Christmas List?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,445
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,354 Views  0 Posts
He was there!
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:34 PM
46,728 Views  0 Posts
History of the Candy Cane
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:13 PM
53,904 Views  0 Posts
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,713 Views  0 Posts
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,837 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,561 Times in 13,922 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
bell

Originally Posted by Neotericisis View Post
I began my excel spreadsheet last night!

I have most of my kids' stuff figured out, but I always seem to add things on black friday (even after looking at the ads- what can I say, I'm an impulse buyer LOL). I have 6 nieces and nephews so I normally take care of them on black friday as well. I give myself a budget for each kid and buy things until the budget has been exhausted. 1 niece is 16 and my nephew is 17, so I usually just give those two a CD or something and cash, so it really is only my two children (aged 4 & 5) and 5 nieces (aged 1, 3, 5, 10).

I have to figure out what to get my sisters and brother and my mom, but hands own the hardest person to buy things for is my husband. He is one of those people who "has everything". I always get what I like to call "filler" gifts like clothing etc., but every year I have some big ticket items- last year I went all out and got a nice watch, great tix to a basketball game, and a gaming system. This years budget won't allow that much big spending, but I still need to figure out a big ticket item! Time is ticking!!!

Almost forgot, I almost have my volunteer schedule in order. I want my children to know that Christmas is not about the gifts, so we always do a lot of volunteering. I throw some family time in there as well- can't wait to see ABC & Hallmark's Holiday movie list- cookies and hot cocoa anyone?!?
Good for you!! That is awesome & inspiring!

I also think it's wonderful what you're teaching your kids about helping others out, beautiful!!

Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Neotericisis has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
I donīt really have a list....but here is what Iīve got so far

my daughter Kandice : Toy Story Jessie doll, The Princess and the frog Nintendo DS game purchased on ebay for 6 euros.......for Nikolaus day I have the playmobil nativity scene and a minnie mouse bag to do kinda sew herself (both presents were very cheap....on Nikolaus I donīt do big presents....just Candy and one or two cheap or small presents)

my mother: Jones had decided to buy her a flatscreen tv.....lol....so she has that one already

my daddy : he will get some merchandise items from his favorite German soccer club 1860 München

my boyfriend......:no friggin idea
Great List!!

I was thinking of a flat screen for my mom too! A smallish one, on black friday, when there was a mega sale LOL.

And see- men are the hardest! Good luck with getting your BF a present! I know my husband needs a new wallet, but besides that I'm lost! This year I may just get him a whole bunch of smaller gifts. We'll see!
The Following User Says Thank You to Neotericisis For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (11-13-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
good for you!! That is awesome & inspiring!

i also think it's wonderful what you're teaching your kids about helping others out, beautiful!!

thanks snowflake!!!!
snowflake22 (11-13-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 06:54 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

WildCatZack has shown a merry disposition
I've made a list but I haven't started shopping yet.

I've started listening to Christmas music if that counts for anything. Lol

It's kinda snuck up on me this year. It just hit me the other day that Novemeber is half over!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WildCatZack For This Useful Post:
Neotericisis (11-14-2013), snowflake22 (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

WildCatZack has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Neotericisis View Post
Almost forgot, I almost have my volunteer schedule in order. I want my children to know that Christmas is not about the gifts, so we always do a lot of volunteering. I throw some family time in there as well- can't wait to see ABC & Hallmark's Holiday movie list- cookies and hot cocoa anyone?!?
I just wanted to say thank for for this!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WildCatZack For This Useful Post:
Neotericisis (11-14-2013), sgrover (11-15-2013), snowflake22 (11-14-2013)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
I'd say I'm about 75% done. The 2 oldest kids are in their 20's, so cash and gift cards are what they really want. My 14 year old I've got 1 more thing to get for, then she is done. I have to get a few more things for my husband. I did a lot of gift cards for extended family, like to the movies or a favorite restaurant. I have been listening to my Christmas CDs since mid October though! I couldn't hold back anymore. I'm sure most of you can relate.
Neotericisis (11-18-2013), snowflake22 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by sgrover View Post
I'd say I'm about 75% done. The 2 oldest kids are in their 20's, so cash and gift cards are what they really want. My 14 year old I've got 1 more thing to get for, then she is done. I have to get a few more things for my husband. I did a lot of gift cards for extended family, like to the movies or a favorite restaurant. I have been listening to my Christmas CDs since mid October though! I couldn't hold back anymore. I'm sure most of you can relate.
Sandy- you are on a roll! I wish I was almost done. The only things that I have purchased thus far are stocking stuffers. My husband may come out with me on black Friday, but there is an item I want to purchase for him LOL! He is messing up my grove! I want to stop at the "Big 3": Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. There is a shopping center about 20 min. away that has all 3 in the same complex so I think I am going to try over that location. Now, if only I can shake my husband to make my way over to Best Buy LOL!
snowflake22 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
Neotericisis, funny, stocking stuffers is the one thing I don't have any of yet! I always leave that for later in December, so I can at least go out and shop during the holiday rush, but still not feel too stressed. Good luck ditching your hubby. I've had to do that a time or 2, sometimes you just have to look him in the eye and say , "Honey I love you, but GO AWAY!!!"
Neotericisis (11-19-2013), snowflake22 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:55 PM
Last Achievements

leah has shown a merry dispositionleah has shown a merry disposition
I just started decorating yesterday. I live in an apartment, though. So not much to decorate, but I have fun with the little space I have. As far as Christmas lists.... absolutely no idea what I'm going to get anyone, and for everyone asking me what's on my list... also no idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leah For This Useful Post:
Neotericisis (11-19-2013), snowflake22 (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by leah View Post
I just started decorating yesterday. I live in an apartment, though. So not much to decorate, but I have fun with the little space I have. As far as Christmas lists.... absolutely no idea what I'm going to get anyone, and for everyone asking me what's on my list... also no idea.
We live in an apartment too. As long as you have the Christmas spirit I'm sure it will be grand-I go so overboard for Christmas that everyone comes to my apartment for dinner and festivities. Even as a child- I was the one who went crazy with Christmas. My Dad used to yell at me for stringing up too many lights outside and running up the electric bill LOL! I used to beg him to get on the ladder to string them on the roof- he always said no- boo!

Check out the Black Friday Ads- you can compile your list in time for Black Friday. There is also Cyber Monday if you don't like the crazy crowd of Black Friday. (I normally have most of my items purchase by now but I always go out on Black Friday since I actually like the crowd- well I like it as long as I can get a shopping cart and a parking space!)

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!! Christmas time is almost here!!
snowflake22 (11-20-2013)