Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess

Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
star Genealogy

Hi @all,

I love Genealogy. To search the Family History is making Fun and the results are bringing sometimes lost Family together and fill the heart with love.

My Grandfather left my Grandma a short while before my Father was born. Because the US Soldier has to drive home after the 2.WW. And the have lost Contact. So many years I was searching through the WorldWideWeb. (And the are so many wonderful webpages for Familysearch).
After Years of leaving notices on several Genalogy and Army Pages I receved an email "The one you are looking for there, is my father. It looks like I'm probably your uncle."
So my father met, after more than 50 years his Father and they had a peaceful time before my grandfather passed away. Unfortunately I never meet him in real Just a awesome phone call.

And the last years I was searching for the Father of my partner. She has seen him last time when she was 4 years old. Her Parents her divorced and her father went back to the USA (Also US Soldier). I also left several noticed on Genealogy websites. And checked them from time to time. A few weeks ago I saw a search request of a woman. And I thought this must be a match...
Well, It IS a match .
This woman is a sister of my partners Father...
She lives in Oshkosh /WI and an other aunt lives in Beloit/WI.
Unfortunately they also have lost contact to their brother. But this part of the Family is happy that they we have found them.

It is so awesome..

So, If you search for your lost part of the Family, never give up..
Head Elf (10-27-2013), HollyJolly (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), Maureen (10-27-2013), MerryCarey (10-27-2013), Ryan (11-19-2013), sgrover (11-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), trackrebel (10-27-2013)

Old 10-27-2013, 07:16 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,525 Times in 19,733 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Genealogy

This is amazing, Sabine!!

Very inspirational, thank you for sharing 💚

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,101 Times in 2,454 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have amazing stories of lost family found on both sides. I continue to work on my family history when I'm not working on Christmas. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), Sabine (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,209 Times in 6,090 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Inspiring stories! Wars bring so many people together, only to tear them apart. It's a happy ending when they can come together again.

Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
Hi @all,

I love Genealogy. To search the Family History is making Fun and the results are bringing sometimes lost Family together and fill the heart with love.

My Grandfather left my Grandma a short while before my Father was born. Because the US Soldier has to drive home after the 2.WW. And the have lost Contact. So many years I was searching through the WorldWideWeb. (And the are so many wonderful webpages for Familysearch).
After Years of leaving notices on several Genalogy and Army Pages I receved an email "The one you are looking for there, is my father. It looks like I'm probably your uncle."
So my father met, after more than 50 years his Father and they had a peaceful time before my grandfather passed away. Unfortunately I never meet him in real Just a awesome phone call.

And the last years I was searching for the Father of my partner. She has seen him last time when she was 4 years old. Her Parents her divorced and her father went back to the USA (Also US Soldier). I also left several noticed on Genealogy websites. And checked them from time to time. A few weeks ago I saw a search request of a woman. And I thought this must be a match...
Well, It IS a match .
This woman is a sister of my partners Father...
She lives in Oshkosh /WI and an other aunt lives in Beloit/WI.
Unfortunately they also have lost contact to their brother. But this part of the Family is happy that they we have found them.

It is so awesome..

So, If you search for your lost part of the Family, never give up..

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Sabine (10-27-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 09:56 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,101 Times in 2,454 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
My grandfather died in Germany in WWII. My Mom was only a month old the last time he saw her.

When I was a little boy, maybe 9 or so, a stranger showed up at our door asking for my mother. She did not know him but he called her by her father's last name and I saw her for the first time in my life ... as a child.

He simply said, "I've been to Europe and took this picture and something told me you needed it." So he handed her a snapshot of a simple cross in a military cemetery in France, showing her father's name, rank and date of death.

Mom melted instantly in tears and I swear in that moment I saw a heart turn. From that moment forward she had a passion for developing her family history and finding them -- and what was once a situation where she knew NO ONE from that side of the family there are now in our family pedigree more than 20,000 names and some histories my mother has uncovered in those years since that day.

All because a stranger followed a prompting to connect a dead soldier with his daughter through a picture.

I consider that family history work as one of my mother's greatest accomplishments and one of my most sacred treasures.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Head Elf (10-27-2013), joyful (10-28-2013), MerryCarey (10-27-2013), RadioJonD (10-27-2013), Rob (10-27-2013), Sabine (10-27-2013), sgrover (11-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
My grandfather died in Germany in WWII..........
........ So he handed her a snapshot of a simple cross in a military cemetery in France, showing her father's name, rank and date of death.
He died in Germany and is buried in France? Do you know if he was a member of the 3rd Infantry Division?
snowflake22 (10-27-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Through Ancestry.com and a few other sites, I met cousins in England and Ireland. I had the chance to go over to Ireland and England/Wales and finally met them in person. The history, I so hated in High School has now prompted me to continue searching. I never realized where all of my traditions had come from and now after visiting "family" I know.... That means so much more to me now.... I have connected with family all over the United States and have gotten to become a member of the D.A.R. The one side I am looking for is my Scots side, which disappears with my great-great grandfather.... with a name of James Alan Young it is virtually impossible to locate his birth area. We think it is Ayr, but with the 13th most common name, it keeps me going.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Amazing Family Reunion

Well, since a few days my Partner is in Contact with her Father.
Isīt so amazing...They have Video Chat ob Facebook and when they talked first time since more than 40 years. Tears on both sides..
The best Christmas Gift ever for her and her Dad.
And they have accepted me as a part of the family too.
We hope we can fly to the states next summer to visit them all..
Head Elf (12-17-2013), snowflake22 (11-30-2013), trackrebel (11-30-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 09:06 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,525 Times in 19,733 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
Well, since a few days my Partner is in Contact with her Father.
Isīt so amazing...They have Video Chat ob Facebook and when they talked first time since more than 40 years. Tears on both sides..
The best Christmas Gift ever for her and her Dad.
And they have accepted me as a part of the family too.
We hope we can fly to the states next summer to visit them all..
That is so wonderful, Sabine. I am so happy for you guys. Much love & Christmas blessings to you all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2013, 12:41 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,949 Times in 3,828 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sabine, I am so so happy for You and Yoru partner!!!!! Bless all of You!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Sabine (12-01-2013)