Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Who will you be remembering?

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Grandpa Got Run Over By...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:22 PM
63,830 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
16,585 Views  0 Posts
Seeing Christmas...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:16 PM
49,960 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,952 Views  5 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,557 Views  2 Posts

Old 11-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

xmascrackers has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Amanda Elf View Post
Lately, we have lost a lot of people in our community, it has been a very sad year.

We have an ornament we hang that has in memory of for our brothers, I will get one this year for my sister.
Its a wonderful tribute to your family that you hang an ornament for them as it makes them forever a part of your Christmas celebrations. Here in Blenheim we have a memory tree in the middle of a mall where we can place a bauble for people we have lost. It started about 5 years ago - last year they needed two trees and this year they expect to need 4 trees to hang all the baubles. Its good to know that even though they have died - they remain in the hearts and minds of family and friends even at the busiest time of the year.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
AS much as I love the holidays, this year will be a hard one. My father passed away on Oct 30th. He would have been 90 years old DEc 11th. His health went downhill the year and a half, and he had a massive stroke on Oct 27th. My mom died 35 years ago, I was only 14 at the time. Even though it's been so many years, I miss her so much during the holidays. My husband lost both his parents too, and he has been very supportive during the difficult time me and my sisters are gong through.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
I'm sorry Novelist! My mom is the one who passed her Christmas spirit on to me. I know that one day when she passes, Christmas will be extremely hard on me. She made me promise that after she goes, I will continue to love Christmas and really do it up in her honor.

Diana
Old 11-30-2007, 01:51 AM

Novelist - my sympathies - Was there one thing your father loved about Christmas more than anything else, a food, a type of decoration? If so then incorporating that into your Christmas will make the memories even more special. Over the last few days We have decided to incorporate one aspect of each of us in our Christmas celebrations from this year on so that no matter where we are, in a way we will be together over Christmas.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:22 AM

libbybelle has shown a merry disposition
stocking Remember them

Hi Diana,
I will be remembering those who are fighting overseas and who won't be able to spend Christmas with their families and friends. I pray that God looks after them and keeps them safe.

I will be also remembering my dog, Honey, who we had to put down earlier this year due to dermatitis. Unfortunately she was allergic to many things around her and she didn't respond to the treatment the vet gave us. I know it's not the same as losing a loved one, but it's still grieve. My dog was 10 years old, and that's pretty good for a large dog. But I know it's nothing compared to losing a loved one - meaning a person.

I hope God can help those who are grieving and are in pain. He would be able to comfort them.

God Bless,
Elizabeth.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
Novelist - my sympathies - Was there one thing your father loved about Christmas more than anything else, a food, a type of decoration? If so then incorporating that into your Christmas will make the memories even more special. Over the last few days We have decided to incorporate one aspect of each of us in our Christmas celebrations from this year on so that no matter where we are, in a way we will be together over Christmas.
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It means so much to me. Some of the traditions my father loved, that we still try is do are. On THanksgiving he always brought champagne for a special toast when we are having Thanksgiving at my sister's house. he also made a special soup-barley with fresh kilbassi. This year I brought the champagne, and my brother in law made the soup. For Christmas, my father always brought his children and grandchildren a box of Whitman's chocolates. With so much to eat during the holidays, I'm not sure if anyone will have the candy this year. When my ather stopped driving, my husband and I would go to a store and buy the candy. I felt so silly, buying 16 boxes of chocolates!!! It was for my father though, and my husband and I would do anything for him!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Dont feel alone - in the last 2 years of my Mothers life I too went to the sore to buy boxes of Chocolates (Cadbury Roses in my case) for my mother to give all her friends - I used to do it in 3 trips 8 at a time and I would go on different days and different times so that I got a different checkout operator.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 PM
mammaduke

I have to add another person that I'll be remembering this Christmas, I just found out that my friend passed away this week to cancer. He'll be missed by my mom & I so much .It makes this Christmas really hard for the two of us.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
mammaduke

candle

Thank you Diane for starting this forum, it is helping me today as I read everyones.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
I have sad news.

The uncle I mentioned in my previous post, died. Yesterday morning. The doctors had just givin him medicine. They were planning on putting in a trach. He just, died right there on the table. The doctor said they tried to revive him several times, but I was like, he just was tired of being in the hospital and gave up. We all knew he probrably wouldnt come back from the hospital, but it was still a shock. He has two daughters, six almost seven grandkids. Five brothers and sisters, mom, and other family. His oldest grandson is nine. He was very close to him, he screamed and cried to two hours when his mom told him. I just cannot believe it.