Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home > Introductions » First Christmas without my wife...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Introductions New here? Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley

Old 12-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

mediauwant has shown a merry disposition
First Christmas without my wife...

Hello everyone. My sweet little wife, Michelle, passed away this past April, so this holiday season is anything but happy. This probably isn't going to be your standard introduction here, but there is something in it for many of you to think about...

I would like to give you all something to think about. Is there a loved one, or friend, who means a lot to you, but your relationship with them is strained at the moment due to a misunderstanding, argument, or grudge? If so, consider this... You wake up one morning, like any other day. You get ready for work, as you chat a bit with your spouse (substitute any relation here that you wish), and leave for work. You come home after work, to find your spouse passed away in the bed you shared with them. This is what happened to me on April 16, this year.

Fortunately, Michelle and I had no disagreement going on at this time in our life together, but there were things that I feel I left undone and unsaid... and this is a burden I will carry for the rest of my life.

The point of my telling you this is this... We all know that death is inevitable, but what we don't think about is how it closes the door to you when a loved one passes. My advise to you is, if you are harboring anger towards someone you love, let it go right NOW. Love them, and cherish every moment you have with them this coming Christmas. You never know if there will be another one.

My intent with this message is not to depress or distress, but to light a fire under your ass to do what's best for you, and your loved ones. I do this in memory of my dear Michelle.

I read that posting links in this forum is frowned upon, so I will not do so. However, I created a Youtube channel, in dedication to my wife. If you would like to hear more about the amazing life I shared with Michelle, feel free to message or email me.

Sincerely,

Mark

Update: Jeff Westover kindly gave me permission to post a ink to my Youtube Channel dedication to my wife. If you'd like to know more about this remarkable woman, and the journey I took with her, the ink is below. Thanks, Jeff.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59ZObRAYGmbjUQudFZQXsA

Last edited by mediauwant; 12-23-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Permission granted to submit link
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mediauwant For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (12-23-2013), aLEKSA. (01-02-2014), ballcoach (12-22-2013), Bradmac (12-26-2013), Christmasstar (01-04-2014), Festive Spirit (12-27-2013), HollyJolly (12-28-2013), Joyfully yours (12-29-2013), lyn (05-11-2014), momnan30 (01-03-2014), snowflake22 (12-22-2013), sprinkleshouse (01-03-2014), sugar142286 (12-22-2013), xmas365 (12-22-2013)

Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Welcome, mediauwant!
Old 12-22-2013, 04:04 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 8,101 Times in 2,454 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Thank you for your words of wisdom, Mark. My sincere condolences. I hope some from here can benefit from your experience.

Feel free to post the link to your YouTube channel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (12-29-2013), mediauwant (12-23-2013), sugar142286 (12-22-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 13,151 Times in 2,246 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
Welcome to MMC mediauwant! I am deeply sorry for your loss....

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following User Says Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
mediauwant (12-23-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 04:45 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 108,524 Times in 19,732 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Bells

Hello & welcome to MMC, Mark.

I am so very sorry for your loss. God bless.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:50 PM
North Pole's RN

Last Achievements

Thanked 86,866 Times in 15,419 Posts
sugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsugar142286 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hi and welcome to MMC, mediauwant! I'm very sorry for your loss and thank you for words of your wisdom, as you're very right. Family is so very important. I'll be thinking and praying for you. God Bless.

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
- Burton Hillis
The Following User Says Thank You to sugar142286 For This Useful Post:
mediauwant (12-23-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 05:07 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 48,043 Times in 7,735 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Welcome to MMC, Mark. I am very sorry for your loss.

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following User Says Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
mediauwant (12-23-2013)
Old 12-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,212 Times in 15,270 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Welcome, and I am sorry for your loss.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,583 Times in 1,116 Posts
Virginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the treeVirginia you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by mediauwant View Post
Hello everyone. My sweet little wife, Michelle, passed away this past April, so this holiday season is anything but happy. This probably isn't going to be your standard introduction here, but there is something in it for many of you to think about...

I would like to give you all something to think about. Is there a loved one, or friend, who means a lot to you, but your relationship with them is strained at the moment due to a misunderstanding, argument, or grudge? If so, consider this... You wake up one morning, like any other day. You get ready for work, as you chat a bit with your spouse (substitute any relation here that you wish), and leave for work. You come home after work, to find your spouse passed away in the bed you shared with them. This is what happened to me on April 16, this year.

Fortunately, Michelle and I had no disagreement going on at this time in our life together, but there were things that I feel I left undone and unsaid... and this is a burden I will carry for the rest of my life.

The point of my telling you this is this... We all know that death is inevitable, but what we don't think about is how it closes the door to you when a loved one passes. My advise to you is, if you are harboring anger towards someone you love, let it go right NOW. Love them, and cherish every moment you have with them this coming Christmas. You never know if there will be another one.

My intent with this message is not to depress or distress, but to light a fire under your ass to do what's best for you, and your loved ones. I do this in memory of my dear Michelle.

I read that posting links in this forum is frowned upon, so I will not do so. However, I created a Youtube channel, in dedication to my wife. If you would like to hear more about the amazing life I shared with Michelle, feel free to message or email me.

Sincerely,

Mark
Thankyou Mark for your message to us all. I had tears in my eyes and then you said you were lighting a fire under my ass and I smiled. Yes I will definitely follow your advice, I really appreciate it. cheers Virginia.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

mediauwant has shown a merry disposition
My Youtube channel dedication to my wife

Jeff Westover kindly gave me permission to post a link to my Youtube channel, so if you'd like to know more about the incredible journey I took with me wife, the link is below. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59ZObRAYGmbjUQudFZQXsA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mediauwant For This Useful Post:
Joyfully yours (12-29-2013), Virginia (12-23-2013)