Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Anyone got the After Christmas Blues?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 01-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,690 Times in 3,656 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I have decided to let my Christmas decorations up until Tuesday....the neighbors are probably laughing, but I just don't care! I was going to take them down today, but I'm having a good day & I thought why ruin my day off work by doing something I really don't want to do???? Lol! I went out this afternoon & bought some silver & purple beads/garland, some blue, purple, silver, & white bulbs (tree ornaments) & some sparlky silver things (I'm not sure how to explain them, but they are on a stick & they fan out - I thought they would be cute to put on the mantle around my snowmen) so now I am very excited to decorate for winter...yesterday I bought some clear lights (on a white cord) to put down on the entertainment center, on top of the "snow" & I'll set some snowmen & silver & blue or purple bulbs arounds. I sure I hope I know what I'm getting in too!!! Should be fun!! I hope it turns out!!! Does anybody else decorate for winter?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
yuck, i have them bad today! i think what is getting to me is my career, it is not going in the direction that it should, i teach drama and i am a trained actress but i cannot find any representation (an agent) also you have to invest alot of money in yourself and at the moment i cannot afford it. i am only 22 (23 next month - nooooooo!) i am sure if i stay focused and don't give up i will get there. it's just that i believe you only get one life and you should do what makes you happy and drama/acting makes me happy, i cannot imagine doing anything else with the rest of my life. let's hope i make some progress in 2008!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Merry Forums Twinkle Light Checker

sweetmisery has shown a merry dispositionsweetmisery has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
I have decided to let my Christmas decorations up until Tuesday....the neighbors are probably laughing, but I just don't care! I was going to take them down today, but I'm having a good day & I thought why ruin my day off work by doing something I really don't want to do???? Lol! I went out this afternoon & bought some silver & purple beads/garland, some blue, purple, silver, & white bulbs (tree ornaments) & some sparlky silver things (I'm not sure how to explain them, but they are on a stick & they fan out - I thought they would be cute to put on the mantle around my snowmen) so now I am very excited to decorate for winter...yesterday I bought some clear lights (on a white cord) to put down on the entertainment center, on top of the "snow" & I'll set some snowmen & silver & blue or purple bulbs arounds. I sure I hope I know what I'm getting in too!!! Should be fun!! I hope it turns out!!! Does anybody else decorate for winter?
That actually made me smile. As weird others may think we are, we are the special breed. Here in the Philippines, a lot of Christmas decors are still out, even the city hall of my area still got them!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:44 PM

sweetmisery has shown a merry dispositionsweetmisery has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
yuck, i have them bad today! i think what is getting to me is my career, it is not going in the direction that it should, i teach drama and i am a trained actress but i cannot find any representation (an agent) also you have to invest alot of money in yourself and at the moment i cannot afford it. i am only 22 (23 next month - nooooooo!) i am sure if i stay focused and don't give up i will get there. it's just that i believe you only get one life and you should do what makes you happy and drama/acting makes me happy, i cannot imagine doing anything else with the rest of my life. let's hope i make some progress in 2008!
Yes, dont give up. I saw a lot of interviews by actors and actresses, most of their advice is never give up. Keep trying. Go to auditions and whatnot. Others get their big break sooner, others later. Just dont give up! Persevere!

Good luck and have an Advanced Merry Christmas!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:58 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
aww thanks sweetmisery! i know how lucky i am, when i see what mammaduke has been through and how jeff has lost his brother in law it make my "problem" seem very trivial, it's just that i love theatre and that is what i am trained in, i never realised it would be this hard to get into, i can't help but get down about it, it's all i know and there is nothing else i can or want to do with my life!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
aww thanks sweetmisery! i know how lucky i am, when i see what mammaduke has been through and how jeff has lost his brother in law it make my "problem" seem very trivial, it's just that i love theatre and that is what i am trained in, i never realised it would be this hard to get into, i can't help but get down about it, it's all i know and there is nothing else i can or want to do with my life!
Just make sure to remember us here once you make it to the big leagues! For the mean time, lets celebrate Christmas all year long! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Best wishes to you JOHNOR...I'm sure you will do well!!! Just keep at it!!! You can do it!!

I am sitting here thinking today how my Christmas blues just haven't set in yet this year. I was a little sad on Christmas day & I was sad on Jan. 2nd when I had to go back to work after being off for 11 days, & I was sad last night knowing I had to go back to work this morning & work a FULL WEEK (lol) & it's the long haul of January/February....but I think making this Chrsitmas scrap book is really helping me this year & also planning to put out snowmen/winter decorations has me really excited! Tonight my Buckeyes play in the national championship game & we have people coming over to watch it & tomorrow I'll take down my decs & start to decorate for winter. I'm affraid when that is all done, I might start to get a little blue, but I hope not!! There are plenty of things to look forward too!!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Update - I've got the blues tonight!! It has been so warm here the last 2 days (70) & tonight I have my Christmas music on & I took down my tree & I'm working on taking down the decorations! The Buckeyes played a horrible game last night, so we're bummed about that too! I'm trying to put up my winter decorations, but it's a little hard to get in the mood when it's so warm outside! Lol!! This is the 1st full week of work I have had for awhile (with the holidays in there) & I am bummed about that too! Last night was our last planned "party" to look forward too for awhile! Oh well...It will be better in the mornin!! It's just been a rainy, dreary day here today...I've got the blahs! Just "one of them nights"...

Old 01-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

scoobie has shown a merry dispositionscoobie has shown a merry disposition
Awww Holiday, you have got it bad today! We're one step closer to the weekend, and one step closer to the season which means we're one step closer to the big day!

January and February to seem to be the most depressing months of the year though, lots of illnesses about too which seem to strike you when you're down!

I had a wander through our local supermarket yesterday, and they still have some christmas stuff in the sale.... but unfortunately it was all rubbish, so didnt buy anything! ho hum!