Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home » Guide To Posting Pictures

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Home Come here to introduce yourself, meet the Christmas Crew and get help using our forums. We also share news and information from our sister sites in this area as well as coordinate details of our year events, chats and contests. Our sponsors occasionally post special offers for our users in this area, too. .

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Guide To Posting Pictures

If anyone needs help beyond what is here, just let me know. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure the picture is sized appropriately. If it's too large, it can make viewing the rest of the thread awkward and can cause problems for users with slower connections. If using the board's upload feature like we will be, around 600 pixels tall or wide is probably as big as you can go.

There are several programs that will resize a picture for you, but the easiest one I've found is a free program called PIXresizer. It will work with one photo at a time or entire folders. It can be downloaded here: PIXresizer.

To resize a single picture using PIXresizer, first locate the picture on your computer. Make note of where it is.

At the top of the PIXresizer window, make sure the tab that says Work with one file is selected.

Next, click Load Picture. This will open a new window for you to find the picture you want to resize. Find and select the picture you want to resize and then click OPEN. Your picture will appear in the "monitor" in the main window.

Now you can enter the desired dimension of the picture. We will use the guidelines I used before. Since the picture I'm using is more wide than it is tall, I will enter 600 in the first box (if the opposite is true, then I would enter 600 in the second box). As long as the box below titled Maintain aspect ratio is checked, the second dimension will automatically be adjusted.

Then it asks you to select the output format. Default is JPEG, and that will work best.

Then all you have to do is hit Save Picture. It will ask you what you want to name the new, resized picture and where you want to save it. Again, take note of where it is saved.

Last edited by dominick; 03-08-2008 at 06:38 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dominick For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-30-2008), BritneyBug (09-18-2008), ChristmasSpirit76 (07-01-2013), joyful (09-08-2008), One Spoiled Brat (11-30-2009)