Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Patrick Swayze has Cancer...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,836
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
mammaduke

The power of prayer is great, I am hoping that he continues to do well durning his chemo treatments. He is strong & young so hopefully he can beat this.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I heard about this the other day. It's a nasty cancer, there's no doubt about that, but according to what I've read, one of things that makes it particularly difficult to battle is the fact that people are not usually diagnosed until it is in its advanced stages. If it's diagnosed early enough maybe there's a chance that he can beat it.

Regardless, like my aunt who battled a nasty breast cancer said, "maybe the 5 year survival rate is only 5%, but someone has to be in the 5%, right?"
Old 03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,931 Times in 2,417 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Pretty tough.

I've liked Patrick Swazye, but more so for roles like the one he had in Roadhouse or North and South. Everyone mentions Ghost but I have to tell you, I've never heard such poorly written dialogue in all my life like what was produced for that movie. My sister and I watched the movie and laughed at all the wrong parts because the dialogue was just so stupid. "I love you ---" "Ditto!" ... who talks like that?

Long live Orry Main!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:56 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
I was sorry to hear this as well, I was really surprised to hear that he is 55...I thought of him as younger than I am and I'm only 45..."Only" 45...sheesh...who am I kidding...
Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Pretty tough.

Ghost but I have to tell you, I've never heard such poorly written dialogue in all my life like what was produced for that movie. My sister and I watched the movie and laughed at all the wrong parts because the dialogue was just so stupid. "I love you ---" "Ditto!" ... who talks like that?

Long live Orry Main!

hehe! it's a chick flick, my partner hates to watch it because he says it's really corny but it makes me weak at the knees! i defy anyone to watch it and not at least have a tear in their eye by the end. (i bawled my heart out, still do everytime i watch it)
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
mammaduke

So do I to have that great of a love is a the greatest gift ever. I also love him in Dirty Dancing, my mom will watch it everyday if it was on, her favorite too.
He's a great actor , my prayers go out to him & his whole family.

If you go to ET.com they have a place you can send him a get well message.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
On the Naughty List

pbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry disposition
I never was a fan of hes, but i do hope he does get better cancer is something that nees to be stoped now.

Jeff G. "bullrider"
Old 03-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,544 Times in 3,638 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
So sad! I hate that "C" word! I hope the best for him! I've always been a Patrick Swazey fan! He's easy on the eyes!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I have never been a fan. I do hope he gets better.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Christmas Royalty

sugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnogsugarplum fairy will NOT spit in your eggnog
I forgot about North and South. That is my favorite mini-series of all time. I LOVED it! It was soooooo good! I've got to go find me a copy of that so I can rewatch it.