Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Today is Earth Day ! Turn off your lights !

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,471
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,445 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Grandpa's Christmas Tree...
By MMC Editor
11-19-2011 10:56 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
01-09-2014 01:35 PM
3 Posts
The Christmas Feast
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:24 PM
0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
Christmas Stockings
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:15 PM
52,106 Views  0 Posts

Old 03-29-2008, 04:33 PM
mammaduke

Today is Earth Day ! Turn off your lights !

Today is Earth Day & they are asking everyone all over the world to turn there lights off for 1 hour between the hours of 8-9:00 your time tonight.
Sidney has all ready done it, to see go to Fox news.com. So lights out everyone between 8:00 & 9:00, tonight.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,362 Times in 12,655 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star We are going to do it

We are going to pull the plug on everything here, even the freezer, since one hour off is not going to hurt anything in there. It will be interesting to see how much power everyone can save doing this.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
mammaduke

Yes it sure will they are even turning the lights off in Times Square tonight.
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
We are going to pull the plug on everything here, even the freezer, since one hour off is not going to hurt anything in there. It will be interesting to see how much power everyone can save doing this.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
This is the most ridiculously stupid thing in the entire world. Salt Lake City was the first city in the world to do this last summer and the net result was a rash of car burglaries in darkened neighborhoods. Never did get a report about all the money saved from going dark because I don't suspect there were any savings. Bah humbug to this one.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM
On the Naughty List

pbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry dispositionpbrbullrider has shown a merry disposition
It is the most stupid thing i ever hurd of dont know about you but i need light to see or my foot would be hurt hint hint hint good god whats wrong with this america.

Jeff G. "bullrider
Old 03-29-2008, 06:35 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
Salt Lake City was the first city in the world to do this last summer and the net result was a rash of car burglaries in darkened neighborhoods.
Get some night vision goggles and a taser and charge 'em to Mr. Buffett.

We go dark around here all the time... but it's not by choice. Our power company sucks.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:55 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
or if tony crosses the wrong wires

or electrocutes himself
Old 03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Old 03-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
candle

I think, instead of coming up with these silly ideas, they should be finding out why we are paying so much for gas that the oil companies have already bought. They buy it at $80 a barrell and charge us $3.16 a gallon, then the price jumps to $100 a barrell and they charge $3.23 a gallon for oil that was already paid for. We're all struggling to make ends meet and the oil companies are making RECORD PROFITS!!!! Grrrrrr.....If it would save me enough money to buy enough gas to do what I need to do every day, I would turn my lights off at 7pm until 7am every day.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

MrChristmas2000 has shown a merry disposition
Remember Global Cooling

Most people have forgotten are not old enough. It was about 30 years ago. It was almost daily in the newspapers and TV a diatribe about how if we didn't do this or that that by the turn of the century we would be entering an Ice age. Google Global Cooling. Substitute the words Global Warming where ever the artilcles have Global Cooling and it will sound strangely like the current political message of today. Somebody has an agenda here and it's not protecting our environment.

I turned on every light in the house and out and would have left the Christmas Lights on an extra hour. I am not a sheep.

Now I will get off my soap box with my humble apologies.