Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Tree Sorting Out the Truth of...
By MMC Editor
11-09-2011 01:26 PM
57,377 Views  0 Posts
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:38 PM
40,733 Views  0 Posts
Candlemas
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:26 PM
52,477 Views  0 Posts
“Santa’s Surprise Party”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:15 AM
62,989 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree The Birds' Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 06:59 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:12 AM
22,396 Views  1 Posts

Old 04-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
I have both of my boys back home again. I know how you feel. Today, however, something happened that really shocked me out of my funk about being their maid. The 22 year old son of a friend of mine was hit by a car when he stepped out to look at the damage on his car after an accident he had on the freeway. He is on life support with little chance of survival. Please pray for this family and hug your kids. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf
Originally Posted by pbrbullrider View Post
PMS is that a channel on TV??

Jeff G. "bullrider"

lol

Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
If it helps, I was rotten when I was a teenager, and felt the same as your girls do. Like my mom owed me something. Now that I'm an adult, with my own family, I totally appreciate her much more, and we chat everyday.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
Originally Posted by momnan30 View Post
I have both of my boys back home again. I know how you feel. Today, however, something happened that really shocked me out of my funk about being their maid. The 22 year old son of a friend of mine was hit by a car when he stepped out to look at the damage on his car after an accident he had on the freeway. He is on life support with little chance of survival. Please pray for this family and hug your kids. Thanks for listening.
I'll keep him, his famliy and you and yours in my prayers. I also have two sons (19 & 21). And I always put myself in the situation. BTW - Ours sons live at home and commute to college and I enjoy every minute of them being here. Because as I tell DH, one day soon they'll be gone and I'll miss them and their mess.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
I hope the young man recovers soon and all will be well with that family. I know I gave my mom living hell when I was a teenager. And it goes both ways, I miss her now that she is gone more than anything. For all you teenagers, college age kids or older kids that have parents living. Call them, hug them and tell them that you love them, you never know when they will be out of the house or out of your lives.

That's a little morbid, sorry. My best friend is gone and I talk to her daily even if she doesn't answer me directly. But when I'm doing something I can hear my grandma and my mom telling me to slow down or that there is help for me yet.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:50 PM
mammaduke

I hope your sons friend recovers from that terrible accident.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,678 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by mammaduke View Post
I hope your sons friend recovers from that terrible accident.
Thank you all for praying.
However, we received news that this young man passed away today. God had another plan for him. I can't pretend to understand because I don't.
Thanks again to all of you for your kindness.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Thank you all for praying.
However, we received news that this young man passed away today. God had another plan for him. I can't pretend to understand because I don't.
Thanks again to all of you for your kindness.
I am so sorry to hear this. Will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Thank you all for your support

On Saturday, I went out to the spring home show as I said I would. That evening I ordered myself some Chinese food for dinner and my daughter was none to happy I would not share. This afternoon I went out with a friend to and RV show in another town and had a great time. We went out for supper and enjoyed the peace and quite inbetween chuckles. I just got back about and hour ago. I feel better now. I will be making some changes around here so thanks for the suggestions.
I love my kids very much and have decided not to sell them or move out, even though the offer form RadioJonD was very tempting. (thank you for that!)

Momnan30, I am so sorry to hear about your friends son. You are right, we never know how much time we have with a loved one. Let them know we are praying for them.

Last edited by Christmasstar; 04-06-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: need to learn to spell!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
On Saturday, I went out to the spring home show as I said I would. That evening I ordered myself some Chinese food for dinner and my daughter was none to happy I would not share. This afternoon I went out with a friend to and RV show in another town and had a great time. We went out for supper and enjoyed the peace and quite inbetween chuckles. I just got back about and hour ago. I feel better now. I will be making some changes around here so thanks for the suggestions.
I love my kids very much and have decided not to sell them or move out, even though the offer form RadioJonD was very tempting. (thank you for that!)

Momnan30, I am so sorry to hear about your friends son. You are right, we never know how much time we have with a loved one. Let them know we are praying for them.
Glad to hear you took a breather and did some things that you enjoy. Hope it all works out for you..wishing you the best