Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,836
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 09-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
scariest- we were driving and a tornado touched down on the street parallel to us.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:07 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
we had a huge blizzard one year, 3-4 feet & i had to walk home from work. It was so bad I walked in the middle of the street
Old 09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Well, the blizzard of 1978 was my best blizzard ever. Famous enough to still be talked about in the geeky weather circles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1978
Old 09-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

HolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry dispositionHolyNight7 has shown a merry disposition
Hurricane Charlie! No other storm I've been through compares.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
exactly what is a "geeky weather circle"?
and
is it dangerous?

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 09-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 22,544 Times in 3,638 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
How could I forget to mention the blizzard of '78??? Now that was somethin!!
Old 09-10-2006, 09:09 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
Originally Posted by ElfWorks
exactly what is a "geeky weather circle"? and is it dangerous?
You can find them gathered around a radar screen during any major weather "event" giggling like Beavis and Butthead.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:12 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
"huh huh they said tornado warning" "yeah yeah & then they said hail"
Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
The geeky weather circle includes my mother - who owns a book about the weather people on the Weather Channel. She has a barometer and a rain gage. GEEKY!

I have some good weather stories. I was camping in Vermont with my parent (in a tent) when a hurricaine came up the coast and affected Vermont. We didn't realize there were holes in the tent until we saw things floating around the tent. We ended up sleeping in the office at the campground. The next day the area was so flooded that we couldn't get out of town.

The other storm I remember was a snowstorm in the late 1980s early 1990s. We received several feet of snow. I was driving home from work in a car with no driver side windshield wiper. Every time I stopped the car to clear the windshield, the skirt of my dress would freeze into a solid sheet. I stopped at a phone booth and my hair FROZE to the metal on the phone booth. A ride that normally took me 30 minutes took 3 hours. I never made it home that night. I ended up staying at a friends house. It was horrible.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:04 PM

Last Achievements

You forgot the rain today