Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Christmas Magic Click here to visit this social group

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,669 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Mostly Homemade (and...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2011 03:31 PM
46,099 Views  0 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
56,013 Views  0 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,178 Views  0 Posts

Old 05-15-2008, 08:41 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Welcome Maureen and everyone. The purpose of our group is to share ideas and have fun...ALL are welcome...hey I've had my share of burnt pizza...and last year it took me a week to find the box with the Magic Elves in it...I thought I had packed it away carefully ...LOL...guess I put them away so carefully that I couldn't even find them!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
tree

Hello Fellow Christmas Lovers! Thanks for letting me join in the fun!

I've been married for many many decades to my funny, witty, handsome husband - and life with him is fun!! We have three happily married children and three PERFECT grandchildren! (All grandchildren are ALL perfect, of course!) We also have a big fun extended family - and annex relatives whenever we really like someone!

For me, the world is full of magic every day. But Christmas is the best and magicest! The only danger is that I get tired and stressed and cranky and spoil the magic for myself and others. That is why I am trying to get so many things completed in advance for 2008! So I can be rested and peaceful.

Looking forward to sharing great ideas and funny stories with you!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

purplecrush has shown a merry dispositionpurplecrush has shown a merry disposition
LOL Maureen, you just made my day!! Thats hilarious!!! Ill have to send you some pumpkin pies..im a pro at them now!!

Jeff- Thats a wonderful thing you did for her! I wish I had the energy and knowledge to do all that! My kids would LOVE the little notes daily!

Im Randee, Ive been a christmas fanatic my whole life!! All 31 years !! I remember when I was little, everyone would go to my sisters house and spend the nights. It was so much fun having sleep overs with all my cousins and nieces and nephews! I would lay awake and try to think about what I asked Santa for..well since I was a spoiled rotten brat...it was pretty much everything lol. I would always get worried that I wouldnt get anything that I would make myself sick..literally. Every christmas I would get sick lol But in the morning, it was always so magical. The presents, the lights, the smell of turkey, the music..It almosts makes me cry...THATS the feeling that I want my kids to remember forever...
Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,338 Times in 12,651 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Ok, my turn!

I am Christmasstar, or as my friends call me, Ellen. I am Canadian and proud of it! I am a single mom with 3 amazing (most of the time) kids. I drive a school bus and look after elderly folks in their homes helping where ever needed. I volunteer at our local food bank / clothing exchange at least once a week. Reading is a favorite pastime as well.

I have 5 brothers and 1 sister, all married (one brother is divorced) Between us we have 17 kids. Three of those are now married and they have a total of 6 kids making my mom a great grandma. We are a very close knit family and get together often.

My favorite Christmas memory:
One year my parents were having a rough time financially and informed us that Christmas would not be quite as grand as it usually was. There was under the tree only one or two gifts for each of us, and those were just small ones. It was tradition in our family not to open gifts until we returned from church on Christmas eve. So we piled in the car, and dad announced that he forgot his Bible and would be right back. He returned almost 10 min later saying he had to look for it and that is why it took so long. Anyway, when we got back from church and went past the tree to go and change,(that was back when you had special Sunday only outfits) we stopped in awe! There was the biggest pile of gifts under, beside, behind and in the tree we had ever seen. None of us move for awhile. My brother in a soft voice said "they grew!" We all cheered, laughed and cried. It did not take us long to get changed and get back down to start opening those gifts!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love to visit here for ideas, suggestions and just plain fun! I love to decorate, bake, prepare treats, make gifts. When I do my canning I always make special stuff just for Christmas. I shop and plan all year long. Listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies. Most of all I like to plan ways to surprise my kids with something new.

Last edited by Christmasstar; 05-20-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: oops, forgot to check the spelling!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:29 PM

Last Achievements

Gingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elfGingerbug is a good elf
Hello again...we have some new members...making their way over from the Magical forums of Magical Holiday Home...don't forget to post in this forum you have to be a group member...anyone and everyone is welcome to join....!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

cathymacmiller has shown a merry disposition
Hello, fellow Christmas fanatics! This is a pretty cool place to hang out, too! I am just plain Cathymac on Magical Holiday Home, but I had to re-register here, so now I'm Cathymacmiller!

I am from central Arkansas, and I'm a Christmas planning fool! I love all aspects of Christmas, but mostly the planning and getting ready! I have the best time from the first of June until Thanksgiving getting ready for the holidays!

I am a stay at home wife to a wonderful man and mom to three boys, ages 15, 8 and 6. I am active in church and an active member of Magical Holiday Home. I love to blog, and currently have several that I try to keep current. I really like blogging!

I can't wait to see what unfolds this summer and fall to make Christmas 08 the best ever!!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

Lanar has shown a merry disposition
Hello To All!

I am from MHH and go by Lana there, but here I had to be Lanar. Glad to be here with you all.

I have been married to my great husband for 28 1/2 years and we have 2 kids. A son 23 and a daughter close to 21. I have 2 sisters, one with older boys (26 & 22) and then the other one has a 5, 3, and 1 1/2 yr old and they are so FUN!!!!! My DH is the only child and his parents are gone.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS AND ALWAYS HAVE IT AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!! Out of the 28 yrs., I think I missed the very first year and in '05 we lost my grandpa, dad and grandma ( in a 14 week period) and my younger sister and mom thought it should be somewhere else so sister had it. It was nice BUT I did miss it. Anyway she decided that I could have it back!

I hope to make it even better from now on with all the ideals and help from you guys!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

cipalla has shown a merry disposition
Woohoo!!! I finally got in here I felt so lost......
Well, I am a SAHM of two boys, 5 and 10, I have been married for 10 yrs.
We have two dogs, and two cats. I live in Lancaster County, Pa...right in the heart of the Amish country.....very touristy...if that's a word. We like to go camping, to Hershey Park, to the beach, we like to visit Disney and Universal Orlando. We are very busy between the kids football, basketball, baseball and several summer camps. I love, love Christmas and go overboard with the inlatables....they are my downfall. I will watch any Christmas movie anytime if I get the chance, and it seems my youngest is right there with me. My #2 is Halloween, love it. Also have inflatables for that one...He! he! I love decorating for the neighborhood, especially the kids, they just love it. You could say that I am a giver, not a taker....I just love giving gifts...it is a downfall of mine, if you want to call it that. This will be my first year doing the elves, so I am excited to see what I can learn from everyone! Merry Christmas!