Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » I AM TIRED OF OPEC - Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,134
Threads: 54,251
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, NBellasis

Old 06-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
If everyone stopped buying from the big companies Exxon Mobile, ect. and bought gas from smaller companies than big companies would have to lower prices to compete.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:33 PM
mammaduke

We took both our cars off the road. We can't afford the gas, ins., & repairs.We have a great bus system here, so that really helps us get around, as a matter of fact they lowered there fare to $1.00.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
I think our gas problem stems from big oil companies. They are pulling down hundreds of millions of dollars each MONTH (yikes!) while middle class Americans can barely afford to even get to work. They claim that they need to make 300 million bucks in a month...I guess to buy all their execs summer homes in the Hamptons or what. Unfortunately, no one has cared about their record profit until someone in congress can't afford to fill the tank of their second private airplane (or something ridiculous).
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Billy Battles View Post
If everyone stopped buying from the big companies Exxon Mobile, ect. and bought gas from smaller companies than big companies would have to lower prices to compete.
What smaller companies? There are only so many refineries, and guess who owns them. All the gasoline comes from the same places; the difference in prices between different chains is mostly due to additives and marketing. The smaller chains and independents are still paying through the nose to get it into their tanks.

Even if there were alternatives to buying from the large oil conglomerates, what makes you think that shifting all the business to someone else wouldn't cause them to raise their prices based on demand?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Belly shakes like Jelly

Last Achievements

Steven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elfSteven is a good elf
Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
I think our gas problem stems from big oil companies. They are pulling down hundreds of millions of dollars each MONTH (yikes!) while middle class Americans can barely afford to even get to work. They claim that they need to make 300 million bucks in a month...I guess to buy all their execs summer homes in the Hamptons or what. Unfortunately, no one has cared about their record profit until someone in congress can't afford to fill the tank of their second private airplane (or something ridiculous).
"Big Oil" takes home 7-10 cents a gallon when all is said and done. you get big numbers when you have the number 1 product in the world!