Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What do you do for Christmas in the summer?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,237
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje
View Poll Results: What do you do for Christmas during the summer?
Shop for gifts 21 38.89%
Repair/plan for new lights 5 9.26%
Learn/test new recipes 14 25.93%
Watch Christmas movies 19 35.19%
Listen to Christmas music 23 42.59%
All or most of the above 22 40.74%
Nothing 2 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

liltattoo has shown a merry disposition
When DH's grandmother downsized her stuff to move in with her daughter, I inherited some cookbooks that have some holiday recipes so I might try some of those out. Also, I bought some icicle crafts for my daughter to help me with so we'll probably do those. Keep an eye out for holiday sales at Hobby Lobby and get my Christmas book and decorations in order. Those are my goals...hope they're not too ambitious!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I listen to Christmas Music and watch Christmas Movies all year round. I also love to cook so I am always looking for new recipes.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Maebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoeMaebeary would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This summer, I have been finding and buying Christmas cards. That's not easy to do. I did find one store closing out and they actually had cards with bears on them at a very cheap price. I do not know why I didn't buy them after Christmas like I usually do. I WILL remember to do it next year!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Merry Forums Newbie

Magnolia has shown a merry disposition
I'm watching for the Summer sales and have already put some things back for gifts. I've planned my Christmas goodies, too, and will be trying out some new recipes to see how well they freeze.

And of course I have to have the Christmas carols on while I'm cross stitching gifts!

Shirl
Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

CHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry dispositionCHRiSTMAS SPiRiT has shown a merry disposition
Well...
I watch Christmas movies all the time in the summer. I think they make it seem like its just around the corner.
Also, sometimes when my mom and I go to the mall, if we see something about Christmas/for someone we'll get it. Like the other day we were at Limited Too, doing some early back to school shopping, and we found this gorgeous dress, and we decided it was my Christmas outfit.
Plus I have Christmas songs on my iPod that I listen to in the summer. I also look up ideas for gifts I can make and different cookie recipes.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

emski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elfemski4379 is a good elf
I like listening to Christmas music and watchinc Christmas movies during the summer. We also often have Annabelle's wish playing, since DS loves watching all the animals and "Santi" as he calls the big jolly guy. Plus, I start thinking of Christmas presents around May, so Christmas is pretty much always on my mind.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm counting the days until Christmas in July!!!! I am really looking forward to those Christmas movie -- starting at 9 AM on the 4th of July!!!! And wrapping some presents too.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:52 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,271 Times in 2,303 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by bastones View Post
Yeah, there's plenty of Christmas sites, I agree... hard to find classic Christmas music though...
Unfortunately, Classic Christmas music is about all I can find! Doesn’t keep me from digging for the obscure though!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:00 AM

girlsinmo has shown a merry disposition
I like to shop, save, craft for Christmas as well as watch a movie.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:28 AM

Aggy has shown a merry dispositionAggy has shown a merry disposition
I usually just start my gift shopping but this year will be the first that I celebrate Christmas in July. I have an evening planned with my boyfriend. I'm going to cook a traditional holiday dinner with all the trimmings. I even plan to decorate a little with a small table top tree and a few lights. Over at MHH we're celebrating the entire month with crafts, recipes and more.