Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Other Holidays > Halloween » Best Places to Spend Halloween??

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Halloween Real Halloween
Spooks hover here! Presented by Real Halloween.com, our own site of all things Halloween, this merry section of the forum is dedicated to talking about our ideas, plans, thoughts and observations of a great day of Fall that just happens to lead right into the Christmas season.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,846
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 06-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Best Places to Spend Halloween??

I went to college down near Savannah, Georgia, which is one of the most beautiful and historically rich cities on the east coast. It was a place where Revolutionary War and Civil War heroes died. They have old houses and cemetaries that date back to the 1700s and many of them are thought to be haunted. They offer Haunted Tours there (year round I think) and there are soooo many cool (real) stories about ghosts. One of my favorites was about a woman waiting for her love to come home...she died of a broken heart because he never came back and her spirit is thought to haunt River Street.

Where do you think is the best place to spend Halloween??

Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
I would say going on an organised ghost hunt, i've been on a few and really enjoyed them.
Halloween party's are alway's fun, especially going in fancy dress
Another one for me is taking family (children) trick or treating.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:24 PM
mammaduke

We enjoy staying home & dressing up for when the little ones come to the door trick or treating. Seeing the surprise in there eyes when we answer the door dressed up.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

xmaslilly has shown a merry dispositionxmaslilly has shown a merry disposition
Well best place for me is right here at home we have a big Halloween Bash ..This will be our 12th annual. Big Bon fire ..music, food ,drinks ,friends who could ask for anything more.
I decorate everything ( 2 -10x20 tents, a 10 x 30 screen house, I have a large graveyard, and then my bar area in our basementand some times I add the garage in the mix) with the help of my sister who comes down from up north for the party. MY hubbyhelps me move the heavy stuff that his part.
I will hopefully post pics for you this yr.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

irishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elf
I've always thought that it would be great to go to Salem for Halloween. But I think I am going to try and get an invite to xmaslilly's house this year!!!!

We really enjoy halloween. We all dress up and my DH and son go trick or treating and I stay home with the neighbors (we all stay outside) and hand out candy. When the guys come home they help!! It is great fun! We had a coupon last year for Costco and were able to hand out full size candy bars. I always loved getting those as a kid. We are hoping we can do the same this year!!!