Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Home & Family » the holiday grandplan

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

BooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elfBooksNChristmas is a good elf
I've used the planning print outs from that site for a couple of years. I love it!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener
Last Achievements

jody664 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by miller4plusmore View Post
I've used the planning print outs from that site for a couple of years. I love it!

Me too! I kind of make up my own schedule, but I love their printouts! It's certainly increased my enjoyment of (and decreased the stress of) Christmas for me.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Plans are good. Sometimes not easy to follow -- but every little bit helps!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Last Achievements

jody664 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by SparkleNana View Post
Plans are good. Sometimes not easy to follow -- but every little bit helps!
Amen to that, SparkleNana! I don't think I've ever finished one of the plans, but it's certainly more than I ever did without them.

On the Organized Home websites, one of my favorite forms is the post Christmas debriefing. It's helpful to me to see what worked, what didn't, things I need to remember for next year, etc.

Case in point, I always travel to my parents' house for the holidays. Every year, I'm so focused on getting there that I forget to have some laundry done and a few groceries in the fridge for when I return. Now, every year, when I read back through my debriefing pages, I remember to do up a load of laundry before I leave. I also plan 2-3 meals and have the ingredients on hand so I have something to eat before I can make it to the grocery.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Jody664, you put your finger on one of the MOST helpful parts of Christmas planning -- figuring out what gave us trouble last year, and trying to do something about it this year.

For me - it was cramming TOO MUCH into the last few days before Christmas. So I was really tired on Christmas Eve last year -- and had to skip an event that would have been beautiful. I've thought about it a lot. I think I am going to have to put REST as item #1 on my planninbg list -- at least for those crucial days right before Christmas. "Rest" is really boring and I prefer to ignore it and just keep cramming things in. But - it turns out it is necessary - for me. (Plus, a tired me is cranky and really horrible and nobody wants to be around me when I'm tired.)

It sounds so simple -- just do everything well in advance. But it is NOT simple when Christmas is your favorite time of the year and you want to make it absolutely wonderful for yourself and everyone else! And you end up doing and buying and baking and wrapping and decorating more and more and more. So I have to do some "mental work" on accepting when "enough is enough".

It really does help to think about it now.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM

Sweet_Pea1992 has shown a merry disposition
This is the site that I use, and I have actually purchased her CD. I love it!! Just thought I'd send for you to check out.

www.christmasorganizing.com

Enjoy!!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 PM

Scrappin Not Nappin has shown a merry disposition
Love it

I have yet to do all the weeks of the HGP but it's very helpful.