Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
14 16x16 Differences in the U.S....
By MMC Editor
11-17-2011 05:56 PM
41,705 Views  0 Posts
Sissel and the Mormon...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:48 PM
50,266 Views  0 Posts
His Name is Bud
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:28 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
04-01-2014 06:46 AM
46,562 Views  1 Posts
Santa in My Backyard
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:32 PM
43,798 Views  0 Posts
My 12 Days of Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 11:27 PM
54,239 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
Angel

up until last year we had a lovely porcelain angel tree topper but the cat climbed up the tree and broke her, this year our poor kitty went to that big cat home in the sky but i've decided on a much less breakable topper since i don't like our star, i'm sewing a new angel, my aunty used to make these rag dolls so i incorporated that design as a tree topper, I used the patter for the head arms and body and stuffed it,then i'll make her hair with yellow wool then I'll use a plastic or cardboard tube to place her on the tree, everything will be covered by her dress but I still don't know about wings. here's a pic of what i've done so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to MissKringle For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-01-2014)
Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It will be nice to have a tree-topper with a family tradition! I love angels with wool hair! They are very Christmassy to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to SparkleNana For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-01-2014)
Old 08-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,411 Times in 1,737 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
We had a blown glass star which had been handed down.........until someone sat on it the year before last But, the same year, someone gave me a metal Santa. It's not in the same league as the blown glass star but it's very sturdy, looks great and is the start of a new tradition.

That's the same with your new angel and there's a bit of you in there as well which makes it very special. It also won't break if any future kitty goes exploring!!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
yes well that's what I was hoping for, haven't had much work done on her lately though, she has arms now lol, I thought it might be nicer to have an original angel rather than something every other person on the street has
The Following User Says Thank You to MissKringle For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-01-2014)
Old 08-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I think it's great you are making your own tree topper. And I am sure it will look lovely when it's all finished. Keep us posted! =)