Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf
View Poll Results: Handwritten card or Mass Produced card with printed signature
Handwritten message 17 62.96%
Printed message 8 29.63%
Other (please describe in your comments 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

HollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elfHollyJells is a good elf
I normally do about 300 cards a season. I always write a little personal note and send a newsletter with them, and I sign each one. Yes I get hand cramps but it is well worth it to get a card back with lotsa love and holiday cheer.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Christmasologist

kidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elfkidzrme is a good elf
HAND WRITTEN

HAND WRITTEN MAKES IT FEEL SO MUCH MORE PERSONABLE. I FEEL IT MAKES IT A BETTER CARD WHEN YOU TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE IT YOURSELF.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
Hand Written for each person.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
i suppose its easy to buy the printed messages you can get some lovely ones but i must agree when somebody has sent me an handwritten card i fell more good lol
Old 09-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Invalid Email

HouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry disposition
Hand written note
Old 09-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I always handwrite a message and our names. I start on my cards very early though..usually the end of October, beginning of November and mail them right after Thanksgiving!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,420 Times in 13,304 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star Hand written this year

I have a bunch I got on sale after Christmas last year. I have to put pictures on the front and write what I want on the inside. They also come with a CD of Christmas music. I would like to make my own, but the time has gone by so fast I doubt I have time now to do them.