Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Share Your Snow Stories!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 09-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Ms_Speedy_Elf View Post
What a precious story .(hugs)
thank you

Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,065 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Anyone got any good snow photographs????
Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
my story involves my wonderful grandad (grandfather)

it was christmas eve 1993, i was only about 8 years old. i was very close to my grandad and i am still very close to my nan (grandmother) anyways, my grandad had been sick for a long while, he was bed ridden and didn't have alot of strength. i spent all day with him on christmas eve, i sat on his bed and we watched "chitty chitty bang bang" and i fed him some white chocolate buttons! (i remember it like it was yesterday) i was telling him how excited i was about christmas and couldn't wait to wake up in the morning and see what santa had brought, we played christmas carols and my family were in and out all day checking how he was. for some reason i wouldn't leave his side, usually i would sit with him a while and then go and play with my cousins but for some reason, today was different, i wanted to stay with him. that christmas eve night my mum told me it was time to go home, i said to my grandad "i hope it snows tomorrow" his answer "it will, i'll make sure it does"

that was the last time i spoke to my grandad, he passed away on christmas morning. sure enough, it did snow. strange really because it hadn't snowed on christmas morning in years and years.
What a lovely story but really sad at the same time
Old 09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
Tennessee Snow

My favorite snowstorm from here in Tennessee was from the early 80s. We had already gotten several very good size snowfalls for us(6-9 inches.) It was a Thursday night and they were forecasting 12-18 inches which was going to make it the biggest I had ever seen. Morning came and instead of snowing it was sleeting quite heavily. It continued to sleet all morning and into the afternoon. Finally at 2 PM and at 14 degrees it finally changed to the biggest snow flakes i had ever seen. That night the entire neighborhood sleded and played on the hill on my street. The next morning there wasn't a trace we had ever been there. With all the sleet we didn't get 12-18 but still it was one of the biggest i had seen. That winter also included the lowest temperature ever recorded here in Nashville.....Seventeen below zero!! All the newcomers here don't believe it is possible but any native of a certain age can tell you it is!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by irishsnow View Post
Anyone got any good snow photographs????
I do!! I'll post some right now!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
I do!! I'll post some right now!
Thank you
Old 09-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy

it was christmas eve 1993, i was only about 8 years old. i was very close to my grandad and i am still very close to my nan (grandmother) anyways, my grandad had been sick for a long while, he was bed ridden and didn't have alot of strength. i spent all day with him on christmas eve, i sat on his bed and we watched "chitty chitty bang bang" and i fed him some white chocolate buttons! (i remember it like it was yesterday) i was telling him how excited i was about christmas and couldn't wait to wake up in the morning and see what santa had brought, we played christmas carols and my family were in and out all day checking how he was. for some reason i wouldn't leave his side, usually i would sit with him a while and then go and play with my cousins but for some reason, today was different, i wanted to stay with him. that christmas eve night my mum told me it was time to go home, i said to my grandad "i hope it snows tomorrow" his answer "it will, i'll make sure it does"

that was the last time i spoke to my grandad, he passed away on christmas morning. sure enough, it did snow. strange really because it hadn't snowed on christmas morning in years and years.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by irishsnow View Post
Thank you
I was trying to post my pics last night but it didn't work. I think it was too much memory or something, but I'll try to figure it out!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Your story gave me goosebumps... . I need a tissue

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,941 Times in 3,823 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

Your stoy almost brought tears to my eyes!