Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » What December activities do you look forward too?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
stocking Santa Smoking: Why is...
By Jeff Westover
10-11-2012 08:10 AM
Last post by HollyJolly
09-02-2013 08:30 AM
42,324 Views  6 Posts
Santa Speaks 2003
By MMC Editor
06-11-2003 10:59 PM
40,283 Views  0 Posts
Why Santa Doesn't Use...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:22 PM
39,984 Views  0 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,172 Views  1 Posts
Others: The History of...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:23 PM
64,652 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Invalid Email

HouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry dispositionHouseElf has shown a merry disposition
I look forward to going to the tree farm to cut down our tree!

I look forward to baking cookies, and trying to decorate some before my boys eat them all!

I look forward to sitting on Christmas Eve, after the boys are put to bed, and snuggle with my husband as we watch A Christmas Carol.

I look forward to seeing their faces, full of excitement, running down the stairs on Christmas morning.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,148 Times in 12,623 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star These are a few of my favorite things...

in December that is!
Putting up the tree and decorating it
eating
Advent calendars
eating
baking
eating
shopping
eating
decorating
eating
snow, snowmen, colored lights, carols, Christmas movies
oh yea, eating!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Dawnfletch has shown a merry dispositionDawnfletch has shown a merry disposition
1st Dec the tree ect is all ready up. Cards are out. All ready listenting to christmas music. Advent calender is full of suprises. So i like to take my time wrapping everyones present nicely. i like to relax aswell with my family.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This is such a nice topic! I love looking at outside Christmas lights -- watching as more and more appear over the weeks. I love watching Christmas movies -- and listening to Christmas music. I love anything involving Christmas activities with children and grandchildren. And -- yes -- lets hear it for eating! Delicious food is wonderful!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Faith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to othersFaith4always is a gift to others
bell December Activities

One of my favorite things in the world to do is to hit the "Day after Thanksgiving" sales with my sister! We shop till we drop...or we're broke!!

I love making Christmas cut out cookies with my kids.

Listening to Christmas music day and night.

Parties.

Christmas goodies.

My tree goes up on Thanksgiving!

Christmas shows on tv with the family and lots of popcorn and treats!

I love to wrap Christmas presents!

Just whatever we can find Christmassy to do!
We also love to drive around and look at Christmas lights with a treat in hand from Sonic!
Old 09-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Faithmom6 View Post
One of my favorite things in the world to do is to hit the "Day after Thanksgiving" sales with my sister! We shop till we drop...or we're broke!!

I love making Christmas cut out cookies with my kids.

Listening to Christmas music day and night.

Parties.

Christmas goodies.

My tree goes up on Thanksgiving!

Christmas shows on tv with the family and lots of popcorn and treats!

I love to wrap Christmas presents!

Just whatever we can find Christmassy to do!
We also love to drive around and look at Christmas lights with a treat in hand from Sonic!

And just think how extra special it's all going to be in your new house !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
This is really getting me into the Christmas mood!

I love turning on the radio and having the 1 Baltimore and 1 Washington DC station play nothing BUT Christmas music! Also seeing all the houses with Christmas decorations. Watching the Christmas shows/specials that are on TV almost every day! The month of December puts me in such a good state of mind!
Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

ChristmasLovers has shown a merry dispositionChristmasLovers has shown a merry disposition
My fav's are driving around looking at the lights and decorations, the Christmas music 24/7 on the radio, the movies and shopping.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class

pkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elfpkcrafty is a good elf
Ummmmm... I like threads like this...Makes me happy to read all the things I love, so many others do,too!

My Favs:

Cutting our tree down
Putting up my North Pole Village
Bake day with my SIL
Shopping!
Listening to Christmas music 24/7
Watching holiday movies with my family
Holiday lights around town
Christmas parties
Christmas candelight service
But my very favorite - tiptoeing into the living room on Christmas morning, turning on the tree, lighting the fireplace, turning on Christmas music, starting a pot of coffee, setting breakfast treats on the table - then sitting in this quiet beauty to wait for my family and start the best day of the year.

Last edited by pkcrafty; 09-10-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Christmas Royalty

clarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnogclarebear will NOT spit in your eggnog
Everything, apart from rude Christmas shoppers