Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » "The Night Before Christmas" in Sign Language

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 12-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,701 Times in 6,005 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
"The Night Before Christmas" in Sign Language

I stumbled across this yesterday and HAVE to share it. A little deaf girl "recites" "The Night Before Christmas" in ASL (American Sign Language). It's not a word-for-word translation, because ASL depends upon gestures and facial expressions to convey what we would convey with various vocal tones. This little girl puts her heart and soul into retelling an old, familiar story.

This link explains more about how the facial nuances and gestures are used to translate the story.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!