Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Nothing to do with Christmas!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Nothing to do with Christmas!

I've just finished watching a programme on the Arts Channel which was FANTASTIC. It was Roy Orbison and Friends - a Black and White Night. All filmed, surprisingly, in black and white (guess the clue was in the title) it featured Roy Orbison backed by Tom Waites, Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen amongst others - backing vocals included KD Lang and Jennifer Warnes

Absolutely brilliant to hear music played like that, without the need of computer enhancements. I'd love to hear half of today's so called "singers" without their studio backup and see just how good their voices and talents really are

We now return you to our regular festive programming!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 04:08 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
I have the "Black & White Night" soundtrack. Good stuff, but almost too much fluff.

The video was good too until our public television station ran it in the ground for about the past ten years during pledge week. Now I run the other way when it airs.

If memory serves, Roy died not very long after the special was filmed.

Tom Waits rules! Wonder if his "Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis" would make it on MCR?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Santa Clausologist

Cedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elfCedarfarm is a good elf
I have that DVD! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ROY ORBISON!!! I even named my car after him! (because it -growls- when I give it gas!)

What a talent....nothing today compares.