Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Huge disappointment today..

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,089
Threads: 53,927
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,727)
Welcome to our newest member, ajb1946

Old 07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 23,383 Times in 3,783 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Awe yuletide, I am so sorry that this happened to you! What a blow to the face! But as many others have said, your Dad IS proud of you...you don't need a license for that! If only more people took the time off needed to raise kids right, the world would be a much, much better place! (and I don't mean that as a slam to working parents...many of us have no choice but to work, or go to the poor house) I'm just sorry that something you worked so hard for was pulled out from underneath you like that! Enjoy the time you have with your kids...they grow up so fast!

The Following User Says Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
yuletide (07-08-2008)

Old 07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

yuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry disposition
holly You are all so darn kind...

Why can't I have friends around here like all of you? WEll, I am just going to trust that God has a plan for me. I just wanted to hang the thing on my wall. My job is very part time and I work from home. I sign off on service logs after reading them. This would have just boosted my ego, I guess. My father was always after me to get the license as he aged. He was a Clinical Psychologist and had his own office next door to our home. My brother is also a psychologist - but not very organized. So, he always wished I would do it. I told him that I put my kids first and that was that. He respected that. At the end, he had brain tumors and said some cruel stuff - but I know he didn't mean it. (Like I wasn't setting a good example for the boys by staying home etc.) Again, 2 large brain tumors! The day before he died, I was at the nursing home and helping him in the bed. When he got comfortable, I remember asking him. "Dad, are you proud of how I turned out?" His reply "Always have been, always will be..." He died the next afternoon. I will never forget it - and I appreciate all of you so much.
Yule
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

yuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry disposition
ps

SEE THE THREAD ON THIS FORUM FOR "UNBELIEVEABLE SURPRISE TODAY!"
yule
Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yuletide, I'm sure much of what was giving you cause to pursue the exam and make things official were the words of your father and brother in the back of your mind.

I know people who work in the field and as they aged a few of them commented to me that their biggest regret was not spending more time with their own families while they helped heal others.

Putting your family first is something we do out of love and I think there should be a PHD for quality parenthood.

Honestly, I think the State failed you and anyone else who graduated with the opportunity to take the exam at a later date. All former graduates should have been contacted with the new laws giving them at least three months notice. It's a shame you weren't notified.

If you focus on the last positive words from your father, you'll discover you are a blessing and a daughter to be proud of. I think the bigger questions is whether or not you are proud of yourself and "at peace" with the path you chose. Your posts sure sound like you are. Be good to yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to AuntieMistletoeDear For This Useful Post:
yuletide (07-16-2008)
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Originally Posted by yuletide View Post
SEE THE THREAD ON THIS FORUM FOR "UNBELIEVEABLE SURPRISE TODAY!"
yule

Just bumping the good news!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

yolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnogyolie8174 will NOT spit in your eggnog
yuletide I feel for you, but you are a better person in my opinion because you put you children first. There are alot of women who put their career first and dont pay attention to their children, and the children are the ones who suffer. And as a parent I am sure your father is very proud of the person you are. Well good luck with everthing and I wish you the best in life and with your family. You are a good mom.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,483 Times in 1,761 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...t=10185&page=2

This is the next installment which seems to have been separated from the original thread1