Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,470
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,919)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
31,037 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:07 PM
50,517 Views  0 Posts
Bells Joseph, Mary and Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:52 PM
63,672 Views  0 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:46 PM
46,809 Views  0 Posts
santahat The True Story of Santa...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:59 PM
0 Posts

Old 07-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
wrapping!

do you like wrapping presents? do you do them as you get them or all at once? do you just throw everything in gift bags? do you seek out beautiful paper or go for the bargain bin at walmart? can you make bows? do you theme wrap your gifts? (ie my mother gets one color theme, my sister another, her kids another, and friends yet another. but all the color themes work together...) do you use one paper for everything? are you a messy wrapper or are your corners creased and patterns lined up?

bottom line.... how do you wrap those goodies going under the tree?

me? i love beautiful paper and gorgeous velvet and silk ribbons. corners are creased and patterns are lined up. i love love love wrapping and make an event out of it. i do them all at once. and most of my friend gifts are baked goods. i like to go to walmart or world market or michaels and shop all yr round for great inexpensive baskets that i can decorate and use for baked yummies...

you?

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-17-2006, 03:28 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I enjoy wrapping only in that it is a part of Christmas. I am no good at it and tend to use large bows to cover poor wrapping. If the item isn't square, it isn't going to look nice.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Merry Fourms Member

daisylover26 is a new face around here!
I LOVE wrapping gifts!! I wrap all the ones at our house and usually most of the ones at my mom's house, too. I have even wrapped gifts to me from my mom! (she'd put them in boxes first) And, the last two years my husband's boss has paid me to come in and wrap all the company gifts to clients (talk about a dream job!)

I usually wrap mine all at once. It's a dark December night, I've got the old black and white version of "A Christmas Carol" playing on the TV, the tree is lit and I'm sitting in the floor surrounded by rolls of paper, ribbons and tags, with a cup of hot chocolate by my side It's one of my most favorite nights of the year!

I generally use a hodgepodge of Christmas wrapping paper and I mix up my bows and ribbons. Just whatever suits my fancy at the time. I also add little extras to some packages like small ornaments or candy.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I love wrapping gifts!!! I only buy wrapping paper if I like the design. Right now I have so much wrapping paper that I won't need to buy any for a few years!! I didn't have to buy any last year. I made the mistake of buying a roll from Sam's Club. They are so huge! I've been using the same roll now for two years and still have lots more to go. I try to wrap each family with different wrapping paper.

I wrap whenever I can. If I go shopping and bring home a lot of gifts, I will usually wrap that evening or the next day I have off. Maybe this year I will save some presents to wrap to have a few people to come over and have a wrapping party. I don't know if I will be able to hold out, though

Brandy
Old 07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
On the Naughty List

I have to admit, sometimes the nicest part of a gift is the wrapping paper. The eternal kid in me can stare at good paper for quite awhile. I sometimes wish that world was real.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

Twinkle has disabled reputation
Wrapping Christmas gifts has always been a festive tradition for me over the years. Usually, I'll wait until a week before Christmas. I tune in a favorite Christmas movie or CD. There's a cup of egg nog ready for refreshment during my wrapping pary. Alright, I'm all set up now. Now I bring all the gifts, wrapping paper, ribbon, celophane tape, name tags, etc. All is put on the floor and I am sitting in the middle of the pile. This little party of mine goes on for hours. I try not to stop until every gift is wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree. Thanks for bringing up the topic as it has brought back many wonderful memories.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:51 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Wrapping gifts is one of the traditions I enjoy most.

I get right into it. I'm not at all talented with tissue paper and gift bags so if it isn't a large hard to wrap gift, I stay away from gift bags.

I like to disguise gifts if I can by using larger than required boxes to fool the receiver. I have several printed gift wrapping rolls and sheets so I can choose special wrap that each person on my list would enjoy.

I'd like to get a little more creative and buy brown paper and decorate it with various colours of paint using festive sponge shapes or cookie cutters with sparkle glitter.

When I was little my Aunt (who was a Home Economics Teacher with a few local schools) and her four daughters used to decorate our gifts so beautifully with tissue paper and hard cardboard to make them look like festive characters. They put so much work into them that I never wanted to unwrap them. (I tried to do the same thing a few times, but it didn't come close to what they had done.) One year it was close to Valentine's Day before I unwrapped one of my gifts despite my mother's pleas and constant reminders that there was a special surprise inside.

I finally opened it and it was a Fisher Price School House. I was happy to discover what was inside, but sad to see the gift wrap gone.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
here it is!

xo

www.thyca.org

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 08-24-2006, 09:25 PM
On the Naughty List

Here what is?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

my post regarding wrapping presents.

xo

www.thyca.org