Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Merry Christmas Radio » Is it possible........

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Merry Christmas Radio Visit Merry Christmas Radio.comProgramming notes, requests, dedications and all other conversation related to Merry Christmas Radio -- click here to listen to our stream of year round Christmas programming. MCR is completely user driven by our forum members and is led by our notorious music fanatic, JayIsh and his growing staff of radio, music and audio merrymakers.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 07-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,467 Times in 1,753 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Is it possible........

For those of you in charge of what we're listening to on MCR, is there anyway you can post a playlist and when to expect it??? Not just in the box up in the right hand corner but in a thread??

I know that Jay was putting the finishing touches to a new show, but what will that consist of and when will it be on? If I miss it the first time round, will it be looped and on again??

Sorry to be a pain!! Actually, no I'm not, I just want to know what to look forward to and when to look forward to it!!!

Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
Due to broadcast regulations we are not allowed to say what song will be playing when...But if you look HERE it will show you the schedule as to who is on and what the general theme of his show is!!!

So glad you are interested enough to question this!!! I have really good friends who have never heard my shows because they don't get the whole Christmas music in the summer thing...The poor buggers...

Jay

Last edited by JayIsh; 07-26-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: link is wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to JayIsh For This Useful Post:
AuntieMistletoeDear (07-26-2008)
Old 07-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,467 Times in 1,753 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
That's brilliant - thanks Jay!! Oh, also meant to thank you for sorting out Gary to Greg Lake thing. I can rest easy now!!!!

Why aren't you allowed to say exactly precisely what you're going to play??

Just curious!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:57 PM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,430 Times in 817 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
That's a great help. Surprised I never looked for a schedule.

I'll be able to catch your latest offering tomorrow afternoon. Cool.

Thanks for asking Maureen.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:43 AM
MMC Musicmaster & Programming Director of Merry Christmas Radio

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,633 Times in 555 Posts
JayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companionJayIsh is a safe caroling companion
My guess, Mo, is that there is some way to record or download the songs when they are done via the internet and in order to maintain the propriety of the music business they require us not to post exactly what song and when...We can also only play one artist three times in two hours, we can't play multiple tracks from the same record etc...We've gotten used to the rules and now just sort of do what we want...The music business is a business in transition now with the iTunes world and iPods and such...They are still feeling their way along...I'm one who really enjoys having the actual record or CD...I have an iPod but my music purchases through iTunes has been minimal...I still buy the CD and load it onto the Pod...Old fashioned yes but so am I...Or am I just old...Let me get back to you!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:08 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,235 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
There is so much wrong with radio/music industry that hardly anything is right. Don't believe for a minute that any of the RIAA hogwash with aggressive "enforcement" is designed for the artists out there bursting their butts to make a living!

<I'm stopping here to keep from going too far and staying too long!>
Old 07-27-2008, 03:21 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
i remember reading somewhere, the singer from Disturbed said he doesnt care if anyone downloads his music illegally, he doesnt make money off the cd's.

I found that amusing
Old 07-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

thedementedelf has shown a merry dispositionthedementedelf has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by JayIsh View Post
My guess, Mo, is that there is some way to record or download the songs when they are done via the internet and in order to maintain the propriety of the music business they require us not to post exactly what song and when...We can also only play one artist three times in two hours, we can't play multiple tracks from the same record etc...We've gotten used to the rules and now just sort of do what we want...!
What Internet Radio can and can't do is covered under the DMCA Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Here are the Highlights of that act in reguards to Internet Broadcasting. Its all based on how artists get paid royalties.

ALL online US Broadcasters must comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act[/font]Your station must not be part of an "interactive service". This means no personalized on-demand streaming or downloading of content. Sound recordings can't be performed within one hour of a request by a listener or at a time designated by the listener.

In any three-hour period, you should not intentionally program more than three songs (and not more than two songs in a row) from the same recording; you should not intentionally program more than four songs (and not more than three songs in a row) from the same recording artist or anthology/box set.
  • Archived programs (those that, when accessed, always start in the same place and play in the same order) should be at least five hours long, and should not be available for more than two weeks at a time.
  • Continuous "looped" programs (those that always perform in the same order, but are accessed in a continuous play stream) should be at least three hours long.
  • Rebroadcasts of programs can be performed at scheduled times three times in a two-week period (for programs of less than one hour) and four times (for programs of an hour or more).
  • Do not publish advance program guides or use other means to pre-announce when particular sound recordings will be played. However, a webcaster may name one or two artists to illustrate the type of music on a particular channel; and, DJ "teaser" announcement using artists' names are permitted, but only those that do not specify the time a song will be played.
  • Use only sound recordings that are authorized for performance in the United States (e.g.: do not play bootleg recordings).
  • Provide some means for the end user to identify the song, artist and album title of the recording as it is being played.
  • Lastly, the DMCA also requires that you accommodate technological copyright protection measures or pass through any identification, which may be included in the song recording itself, as long as it does not impose substantial costs or burdens on the webcaster. Also, do not deploy or support technological means to evade these requirements; and, do not explicitly encourage home taping.
[
Old 07-28-2008, 07:06 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
is there something funky going on with our fonts? this is the second post ive seen go wonky

test
Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

thedementedelf has shown a merry dispositionthedementedelf has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
is there something funky going on with our fonts? this is the second post ive seen go wonky

test
I saw that when mine posted on line. I went back in an edited out all the font refference. I don't know what's going on