Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Hands-On > Christmas Decorations » Inspirational or just plain ugly? You decide.

Christmas Decorations Christmas is a hands-on art. From the lights we put on the house to the decorations we put on the tree to the great foods we eat in the process, Christmas is a time of doing -- and this is the place we gather to talk, plan and share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,175 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
20,517 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,440 Views  0 Posts
22 16x16 Hot Cocoa or Hot...
By Meceka
10-09-2011 10:58 PM
Last post by Riccardo Vasquez
04-04-2014 01:38 AM
3 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,912 Views  0 Posts

Old 07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lpstong is a new face around here!
Inspirational or just plain ugly? You decide.

I know maybe I could have put this in the Christmans Online area. But I figured this would be more fitting. Since this site is pretty much dedicated to Christmas lights on the outside of the house. These are pretty good pics. They seem to have several archived years. So they have been doing this for quite some time.

So you can get ideas from each house of what you can do with outside Christmas lights. Some of the ideas maybe just plain ugly while others are just plain pretty.

They even have a picture taking tip for those who want to take pics at night of the houses that have Christmas lights.

http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/
Old 07-18-2006, 12:15 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
I looked at a bunch of them and liked every one I saw. To me, Christmas lights are like gifts (Don't you think, Elfworks?), there aren't any bad ones.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i agree totally, mr s! no such thing as too much display of spirit or tacky display of holiday spirit, if you ask me, and you did!
personally, i own about 75 strings of lights and everyone of them gets put up somewhere!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 07-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I love to look at the houses that has lights in every crevice. I don't, however, like those houses that put one string of lights zig-zagged across a window. We have some people like that around here. Put a little effort in it people!!!!!

Brandy
Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
There are a lot of reasons folks don't put much energy into decorating. Some have cause to envy the one-talent man. Some have talent but no hope. Some have talent and hope, but no money. Some were in progress of stringing lights when a good TV program came on and they never got back to it. About every other Christmas our company changes owners, so my decorations fluctuate from year to year.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Merry Forums Newbie

Goody26 is a new face around here!
I have to agree with digbugsgirl. It annoys me when I see lights that are just thrown up and zig-zagging. Atleast they're putting something up but is it really that hard to put it up decently? It would only take another couple minutes, if that.

As I'm basically obsessed with Christmas and the whole Christmas season, I'm the one that usually puts up all the lights on the outside (my sister always insists that she gets to put up the icicle lights however). So I usually put up quite a bit of lights.

But another thing that annoys me is people that are just too lazy to put any up. In our area and town, I'd say we live in a middle class neighborhood. And it's not like we have the biggest house in the neighborhood bc we dont, but we are the only house in the whole neighborhood that does anything with our house at all. It's not that people cant afford it or just dont believe in Christmas bc I'll get a couple cards in the mail a year saying how nice the house looks with all the lights.

And since I put up quite a bit of lights, it looks like The Festival of Lights when you drive past our neighborhood bc we have no street light and every other house is completely dark.

Maybe I'm the only one and I'm being kind of difficut but that just kind of gets to me. Especially since there are about 4 or 5 different houses with small children. I would think if you have small children you would want to get them into the holiday spirit and make their Christmas more memorable.

Is it just me or does anybody else agree or feel the same??
Old 08-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

lpstong is a new face around here!
Yes it is annoying when many who do celebrate Christmas do not put lights up or hang them properly.

I and my children live in a 1908 Victorian house. My mother says this kind of house should take on christmas lights. And not having them would be like blasphemy. My father and my son usually put up the lights every year. It is real beautiful I might say.

I do remember when I was younger and living in subburbia that many areas in the city - many neighbors or streets would have a theme for christmas and decorate the street. I remember one street for two blocks and christmas wrapping on the tree and one 4 foot candy cane in front of their house. And every house had christmas lights. All but the lights had matched. We always called it christmas lane.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

RavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elfRavenHardt is a good elf
I too agree with digbugsgirl
Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
whatever floats their boat.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
i think it's fun to look at! apart of me always says "oooooh ahhhhh" when i see a bunch of christmas lights, no matter how....crowded the house seems to look! lol