Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,237
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, SShoebrid

Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Theme tree

Every year I put a tree in my window with home-made natural decorations. Last year I had pinecones, the year before I put bunches of Baby's Breath on each branch and this year I wanted to make hearts out of hay but it just isn't working. They don't look nice at all.

ANY OTHER IDEAS ??? I like to work with natural material.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xmas 2009 6.jpg (78.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg window display.jpg (48.0 KB, 0 views)
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)

Old 09-27-2010, 05:23 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,021 Times in 9,783 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I don't have any ideas but wanted to tell you the pictures of the Christmas trees are very pretty!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
kerst (09-28-2010), snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Sure, I got a few ideas for you.

One idea is to mix your pines! Cut different kinds of branches from other pine trees! You can sort of mix the different kinds of trees together and just slide the braches in like you would fake flowers. If you don't mind using faux spray snow - you can spray the cut branches with snow. It will make it look like snow is naturally scattered through the tree, especially by spreading out the branches all over the tree.

Fruits might work too - don't know how long they would last. But pears, limes, apples etc would look very natural. You can also frost them lightly with white glitter as if they are "frozen" or "snowed on."

Red berry branches - if you find any!

Bunch together 6 cinnamon sticks, wrap it with red ribbon and tie a red bow.

You can also buy real poinsettias (red and white), cut them off and scatter them around the tree.

Roses would look beautiful too. Any kind of flower really, experiment with colors together.

Twigs or bare branches would look gorgeous too, weird small twisted twigs, either natural or add fine glitter to them.

Also strange leaves if you can find them. Like a whole branch or half a branch. You can glitter the branch very easily.

Nuts would also work like chestnuts etc.

I would also start collecting natural things now and dry them out too.

Check out my thread here: http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19796
The first post has links to all kinds of gorgeous photos you can get inspired by. Some of the things you can recreate naturally at home with a little creativity.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
frostyman (09-29-2010), kerst (09-29-2010), snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Christmasologist

kerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoekerst would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thank you so much !! Lovely ideas. I like the red roses. Poinsettias would be beautiful but I'm afraid they'll die too fast. And you've given me ideas for years to come !
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,061 Posts
ChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the WisemenChristmasHeart could be one of the Wisemen
WOWB Rockchild had a lot of good ideas! I don't have any - but I just wanted to make a comment about how pretty your Christmas tree is!

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
~ Eric Sevareid
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristmasHeart For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Aww, you are very very welcome!

Oh, got another idea for you! Dried hydrangeas. You can try them out and use them. They would look beautiful!

Also, I know you are worried the Poinsettias would dry out too fast. Perhaps do it on Christmas eve! You can sort of add them to the tree and just enjoy it for a day or two I am not 100% on drying out Poinsettias, I have never tried but it prob wouldn't work.

Oh, another idea for you. Two years ago I collected fall leaves. I spray painted them silver and gold then glittered them! You don't have to add glitter, the non glitter look just gorgeous (make sure you do both sides and allow them to dry for quite a while). They came out really pretty! I sort of tucked them in all around the tree. I would do about 20 or so depending on if you do all around the tree and how big your tree is.

I am sure you have thought of this, its less natural but you can also spray paint the pinecones. Or paint the tips of the pinecones white, or add a little glitter to the ends after you paint them white.

Also - PLEASE take photos. Would love to see how it turns out!

Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Thank you so much !! Lovely ideas. I like the red roses. Poinsettias would be beautiful but I'm afraid they'll die too fast. And you've given me ideas for years to come !
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-06-2014)
Old 10-28-2010, 03:42 AM
kerstig

Rockchild, your ideas sound great! Do you have pics of those leaves??

Kerst I am also very curious to see how your tree turns out!

What We used to do when I was a child (we had a child tree which was natural) and a grown up tree which had a lot of glass ornaments...:
We had little wooden figures on the tree, of course wood is natural:
like these:

or these (which are not hard to make yourself):

you can also use cookie dough or salt dough to make christmas ornaments:
Old 10-28-2010, 03:55 AM
kerstig

We also used to paint apples and chestnuts gold, and attach them with red band, it always looked really pretty. You can also add (golden) pine cones:
chestnut decorations:

if you paint chestnuts golden (or remain plain and use pretty band) and put this is also really pretty (with pretty band though :P )

at my primary school (a rudolph steiner school), we always had a christmas tree decorated with real *red* apples and red band. It always beautiful (in my memory), sometimes it had real wax candles in there, and we were aloud to write wishes on red paper stars (not what we want, but a good-wish, like i wish a healthy brother - or peace for every one - or a merry christmas for my grandmother etc.) this also looked real beautiful...
another idea:
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
merrymistletoe (11-12-2010)