Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » When will shops display christmas things

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
How to Organize Your...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:53 PM
Last post by One Spoiled Brat
07-17-2011 06:48 PM
48,623 Views  2 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,266 Views  0 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:46 PM
46,808 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,662 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

christmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elfchristmas87 is a good elf
Yea i saw stores that already have halloween stuff out so most likely about sept when they start gettin rid of back to school stuff.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 2,863 Times in 1,010 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Its normally around the start of November when the shops start displaying their Christmas stuff
Old 08-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

spikydu has shown a merry dispositionspikydu has shown a merry dispositionspikydu has shown a merry disposition
one of our shops in our village has christmas stuff on sale since the end of june

noticed today that the post office and toy/card shop are starting to put out christmas cards and gift tags
Old 08-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

misjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry dispositionmisjordi has shown a merry disposition
I went to a store last year, and in 1 isle there was Halloween stuff, the next there was Thanksgiving and in the next there was Christmas. And all in September!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
In our neck of the woods, they start putting Christmas stuff out around the end of October...usually dovetailed right as they're pulling the Halloween stuff off of the shelves.

I don't mind them putting the Christmas stuff out that early but I do mind that they seem to be removing the Christmas stuff about two weeks before Christmas...THAT drives me insane!
Old 08-23-2008, 03:26 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,147 Times in 3,699 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
over here in Germany, they will start selling Christmas chocolates and cookies in the big Grocery Stores by the end of September....mid-October they slowly start decorating a bit....and when November starts most of the shops at least have their winter decoration on....In the big Grocery Stores they start selling the decoration right after when Halloween is over
Old 08-23-2008, 05:03 PM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
My sister was in a dollar store last week and she said they had a few christmas items up already! wow that is early!

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster

ArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elfArkansasChristmas is a good elf
In Arkansas, Wal-Mart should have Christmas stuff out in the next week, since schools are in session and it usually occurs at that point.

The Roll-Out is like this . . .

1. A sort of preview with inflatables blown up right before the garden center . . . kind of saying here it comes.

2. Random stuff going out, no real rhyme or reason. Can start to see tree boxes in the rafters.

3. Everything comes together in a week or so.

I am going there later today to grab a few things, a kind of expect to see at least a trace of Christmas.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

Chillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elfChillywilly is a good elf
I think that largest part of Christmas displays come out around October. But in our area it varies
Old 08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Princess of Christmas =0)
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,797 Times in 1,093 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Michaels (A craft store near me) has had Christmas stuff out for about a month. Not a whole lot but about 2 1/2 , 3 aisles worth! Also this place called Deals (similar to a dollar store except items are $5 and under) has a row of Christmas stuff that has been out a few weeks. I think the big kick off is when kids go back to school and for us its tomorrow! Im expecting to see a lot more Christmas items out within the next few weeks!